Best Coffee In Ao Nang

bluesky76

• 4 weeks later...

Give U+P Bakery (,just up from Ao Nang school ) a visit .....decent coffee , and also a wide range of cakes /croissants ,sandwiches etc . Very reasonable prices and a relaxed un-hurried atmosphere.........unlike Mc'Donalds !

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hmm. UP bakery.. Now their coffee is passable if you're lucky enough to get served, but my experience is that they offer awful service.

First day I went at 5pm on the dot and ordered a coffee to take away and was refused. They close at 5. Fair enough, I thought, though not too difficult to make a takeaway coffee.

Next day went mid afternoon, got an overpriced coffee. The food looked nice on the pictures so my wife and I took a table outside and looked at the menu in full view of 3 staff. After 15 minutes being ignored we gave up.

Today I went at 4.30. "latte to take away please". To be informed by the same individual that had half-served me on both previous occasions that they were "closed"

"but you told me you close at 5pm"

"I turned off the coffee machine already"

Two staff sat there twiddling thumbs half an hour before closing time and waiting for the clock to turn to 5. Not sure if the same people own the shop as are serving customers, but if not and the owners happen to read this - they are not representing your business well at all.

At least Starbucks leave the machines on until closing time.

Rant aside, there's a nice coffee shop and kwayteow shop (beef and duck) on the left hand side as you drive from krabi town to ao nang.

Any more ideas for good coffee are very welcome as I certainly won't be giving UP Bakery another chance.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm. UP bakery.. Now their coffee is passable if you're lucky enough to get served, but my experience is that they offer awful service.

First day I went at 5pm on the dot and ordered a coffee to take away and was refused. They close at 5. Fair enough, I thought, though not too difficult to make a takeaway coffee.

Next day went mid afternoon, got an overpriced coffee. The food looked nice on the pictures so my wife and I took a table outside and looked at the menu in full view of 3 staff. After 15 minutes being ignored we gave up.

Today I went at 4.30. "latte to take away please". To be informed by the same individual that had half-served me on both previous occasions that they were "closed"

"but you told me you close at 5pm"

"I turned off the coffee machine already"

Two staff sat there twiddling thumbs half an hour before closing time and waiting for the clock to turn to 5. Not sure if the same people own the shop as are serving customers, but if not and the owners happen to read this - they are not representing your business well at all.

At least Starbucks leave the machines on until closing time.

Rant aside, there's a nice coffee shop and kwayteow shop (beef and duck) on the left hand side as you drive from krabi town to ao nang.

Any more ideas for good coffee are very welcome as I certainly won't be giving UP Bakery another chance.

Am surprised at that , have always found the staff very helpful ,but I,ve only ever visited before lunchtime .