New Hours And Appointment System At Us Embassy

After successfully getting my 60 day extension today (thanks to the help of lopburi3, Lite Beer, sotsira, ubonjoe, etc!), my wife and I decided to stop off at the US embassy to see if we could get our marriage license notarized. Wellll, you can't.

Aside from the protest going on out in front of the embassy, this note was taped to the inside of the embassy front door. It's somewhat old news judging by the date on the note, but I didn't see any posts about it on thaivisa.

Eric

post-22149-0-23209300-1345568437_thumb.j

I must have missed that part of their web site. Trying to read the embassy site on an iphone as a passenger in a car must not be a forte of mine. biggrin.png

Once I got to the site, I just looked for the address and hours which said 4pm. Got there and it's now 2pm, but without an appointment, I wouldn't have gotten in anyway it seems.

Hey, I'll work there if they are short staffed!smile.png I'd bet my visa 'issues' would go away nicely then! And when I say "issues", I mean what every other foreign resident has to go through here.

According to this recent topic the appointment system has been in place for some time and the embassy has begun to enforce it more rigorously now.

Edited by emanphoto