Coming To Thailand With 5Grand

ObsessiveAddict

Why not try a month in Malaysia, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia ?

I've spent time in 3 of these and they are all as nice as Thailand IMHO - Malaysia in particular is fab.

Have a good trip and post again when you're about to go home - if I remember your previous postings, you were quite depressed at going back to the UK.

Malaysia is absolutely awful and in the city centre in Muddy River it's GBP8-9/USD 15 a pint!w00t.gif

Any bill anywhere means nothing as it's all ++ up to 25% extra!w00t.gif

Laos and Cambodia are much better options on a budget,I've just been in Vientiane and I just love it there.The food is incredible,better than Thailand at a fraction of the cost,if they had better internet I would probably be going there to live!biggrin.png

We have got better internet here wink.png Laos isn't cheaper than Thailand for food or rent, on average it's slightly more expensive. Of course beer and women are cheaper thumbsup.gif If I were the OP I would stay in Thailand and like someone else said, don't spend all your time and money travelling, find a place you like and stay there for a while. That place for me 20 years ago was Koh Samui, quiet beaches, a bevvy of beautiful local and cheap as chips.....oh the memories smile.pngwub.png

Laos certainly is cheaper than Thailand for food,I went from Phuket to Vientiane and believe me,Laos is at least half the price if not more!rolleyes.gif

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once staied at a 150bht a night hotel, if you can call it that.

Never again, worse hangover of my life.

5 grand is plenty.

With the worst hangover in your life, I'm surprised you were in a condition to bother where you slept. wink.png

Sleep was the biggest problem.

It had just a mat on the floor. Very thin walls and with the window open for noise and mosquitoes.

Funny thing was I overheard one patron haggling over the price. Wanted 20bht off. Shame on us, ha.

Why not try a month in Malaysia, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia ?

I've spent time in 3 of these and they are all as nice as Thailand IMHO - Malaysia in particular is fab.

Have a good trip and post again when you're about to go home - if I remember your previous postings, you were quite depressed at going back to the UK.

Malaysia is absolutely awful and in the city centre in Muddy River it's GBP8-9/USD 15 a pint!w00t.gif

Any bill anywhere means nothing as it's all ++ up to 25% extra!w00t.gif

Laos and Cambodia are much better options on a budget,I've just been in Vientiane and I just love it there.The food is incredible,better than Thailand at a fraction of the cost,if they had better internet I would probably be going there to live!biggrin.png

We have got better internet here wink.png Laos isn't cheaper than Thailand for food or rent, on average it's slightly more expensive. Of course beer and women are cheaper thumbsup.gif If I were the OP I would stay in Thailand and like someone else said, don't spend all your time and money travelling, find a place you like and stay there for a while. That place for me 20 years ago was Koh Samui, quiet beaches, a bevvy of beautiful local and cheap as chips.....oh the memories smile.pngwub.png

Laos certainly is cheaper than Thailand for food,I went from Phuket to Vientiane and believe me,Laos is at least half the price if not more!rolleyes.gif

Ok, so after 12 years living between Laos and Thailand I must still be doing something wrong blink.png

Prices in Phuket are not average for Thailand.