Did Most Thai Visa Members Meet Their Wife In A Bar Or Not

ozziebloke

OP, just asking the question alone, regardless of the fact that it's been asked, debated and answered hundreds of times, shows how little you know about the environment here. It's not just a niave question it's one that pops into the heads of most people at some early stage in their life here before the coin drops and they realize that oh, ok, the bar/bar girl scene is just a very very very small part of the overall picture in Thailand so why would I even ask such a question.

Might be maybe because i have never been to a bar in Thailand and i have never seen a thread relating to this topic. i don't mind being niave about anything i have not had any history with as that is how i learn

Ok fair doos, but I've never been to Aus yet I'm told most Aussie's who live in Thailand are from Melbourne, the bar girl question is at the same level, with a little bit of thought I could figure out that neither one is correct or even makes sence. But there again, if what I wanted to do was to annoy/antagonise a large portion of Australian society I suppose I could ask that question on a social networking site!

Ok . I asked this question because it was stated on another thread today. I thought it was a bit harsh a thing to say so that was the reason i asked the question. My problem here with this thread i started to ask that question is that many want to shut it down because they have heard it before ? But people join this forum daily so why aren't they allowed to join in any conversation?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

UTFSE = Use The Forum Search Engine

Why? I asked a question ! if you do not have anything to add other than you have heard this before. Why join the thread ? Not everyone here have talked about this. It's easy !! if this is old news to you then read something else and don't try to moderate what other OP's want to ask.

Don't think you understand what some here (me) are trying to say. sad.png

Yes i do ! you have heard it all before so why get another Op to rehash it all again ? My point is not everyone has heard it all before!

Ok . I asked this question because it was stated on another thread today. I thought it was a bit harsh a thing to say so that was the reason i asked the question. My problem here with this thread i started to ask that question is that many want to shut it down because they have heard it before ? But people join this forum daily so why aren't they allowed to join in any conversation?

So why not ask the question on that thread/ ask the particular poster to explain his statement.

• Like 1

might be a bit close to the bone for some of the chappies mate, i didd`nt meet mine in a bar, that is not to say that she didd`nt though, poor buggers mainly do it to feed kids and family from what i read on here, not like the lovley ladies that mostly do it for drug money back home, having said that the girls doing the fly in fly out to the mines etc here are going to worth their weight in gold after 12 months work on their back

Edited by namoi
  • Like 1

So why not ask the question on that thread/ ask the particular poster to explain his statement.

Because i was interested in others thoughts and my question had nothing to do with that thread

might be a bit close to the bone for some of the chappies mate, i didd`nt meet mine in a bar, that is not to say that she didd`nt though, poor buggers mainly do it to feed kids and family from what i read on here, not like the lovley ladies that mostly do it for drug money back home, having said that the girls doing the fly in fly out to the mines etc here are going to worth their weight in gold after 12 months work on their back

Very funny ! i know exactly what you mean :) it's like a thread on a forom here in Aus that asked if a prostitute is within her right to use a hotel room for her services and the owner of that hotel kicked her coming from a court dicision in her favour

Very funny ! i know exactly what you mean smile.png it's like a thread on a forom here in Aus that asked if a prostitute is within her right to use a hotel room for her services and the owner of that hotel kicked her coming from a court dicision in her favour

Now we know your ''interests'' and where your coming from. bah.gifcoffee1.gif

Very funny ! i know exactly what you mean smile.png it's like a thread on a forom here in Aus that asked if a prostitute is within her right to use a hotel room for her services and the owner of that hotel kicked her coming from a court dicision in her favour

yea mate good old Moranaba, such god faring people there, must of changed a lot since i was in the mines, the single boys had to drive to Mackay and it cost them more than it was to hire a D9 on hrly rate back then............

OP: It's only fair to ask how you met your Thai wife in Australia, circumstances, what was her background prior to you meeting her? e.g. had she been sponsored to Australia by someone else prior to you meeting her etc

EDIT: The forum members, if they wish to do so, can then analyse, dissect & comment on your relationship as all the other threads have done on this topic - over to you...

Edited by simple1

Because i was interested in others thoughts and my question had nothing to do with that thread

Ok, so is it the fact or the harshness of the statement you want to test.

If the former you are asking readers to post the answer to two questions.

a) Is/was your wife a hooker? and,

b. If so,are you ashamed to admit it?

Are you expecting a flood of answers saying yes to part a)?

If you don't get a flood of answers saying yes, what have you proved, that there are no hooker wifes or that they are too ashamed to admit it?

it's just a really stupid question. Would you ask it in a bar or resteraunt to peoples faces?

Edited by necronx99
  • Like 2

Now we know your ''interests'' and where your coming from. bah.gifcoffee1.gif

no you don't !

OP: It's only fair to ask how you met your Thai wife in Australia, circumstances, what was her background prior to you meeting her? e.g. had she been sponsored to Australia by someone else prior to you meeting her etc

EDIT: The forum members, if they wish to do so, can then analyse, dissect & comment on your relationship as all the other threads have done on this topic - over to you...

She grew up in a convent ( so thoroughly opposite to me) And she was an english teacher. I was introduced to her through friends of mine.We have been together coming on seven years now

Ok, so is it the fact or the harshness of the statement you want to test.

If the former you are asking readers to post the answer to two questions.

a) Is/was your wife a hooker? and,

b. If so,are you ashamed to admit it?

Are you expecting a flood of answers saying yes to part a)?

If you don't get a flood of answers saying yes, what have you proved, that there are no hooker wifes or that they are too ashamed to admit it?

it's just a really stupid question. Would you ask it in a bar or resteraunt to peoples faces?

I didn't ask either those questions !! i ask asked from that statement on another thread "most Thai visa fellows who are married to Thais, probably met the gals in bars - though few would deign to admit it." And it is not the usual question that anyone would ask so that reason no i would not ask that at either venue. It was already aked on this forum so i asked asked the question again for opinions

She grew up in a convent ( so thoroughly opposite to me) And she was an english teacher. I was introduced to her through friends of mine.We have been together coming on seven years now

Does your lady of the Cloth know you dabble on the Net regarding Aus and Thai hookers ? And l must ask, why the interest. ? sad.png

Does your lady of the Cloth know you dabble on the Net regarding Aus and Thai hookers ? And l must ask, why the interest. ? sad.png

I never asked anything about hookers!! and my lady reads everything i write! why would i hide it from her ? I never said she was a lady of the cloth i said she grew up in a convent and was a english teacher!

And my interest is that this was stated on another forum today and i was asking others their opinion

I never asked anything about hookers!! and my lady reads everything i write! why would i hide it from her ? I never said she was a lady of the cloth i said she grew up in a convent and was a english teacher!

You don't know that "girls met in bars" in Thailand used in this context is a euphemism for Hooker?

You really don't get out much. Have you ever been to Thailand?

Your wife, her family is not half Chinese is it?

Edited by necronx99
  • Like 1

One thing you might take from this thread is that anyone who feels compelled to preface the introduction of their wife with “I for one did not meet my missus in a bar!” has already lost that PR battle. Would she feel compelled to introduce you as not being something socially unacceptable?

• Like 1

This question is a bunch of crap. How the hell do you know where people met their wife's. Are you going by your own experience. I didn't read many of the replies here, I just think this question is stupid and it piss the hell out of me that you would even ask it. Ýou want to know where I met my wife, as her if at a bar and she will kick the crap out of you. Moron.

You forgot and half Chinese. Dee Ma that man. thumbsup.gif

You don't know that "girls met in bars" in Thailand used in this context is a euphemism for Hooker?

i know the meaning and it is your choice to take that euphemism for Hooker. I live in Aus and Thailand. So what is your problem with me asking the question of something that someone else has stated ??

This question is a bunch of crap. How the hell do you know where people met their wife's. Are you going by your own experience. I didn't read many of the replies here, I just think this question is stupid and it piss the hell out of me that you would even ask it. Ýou want to know where I met my wife, as her if at a bar and she will kick the crap out of you. Moron.

ohhh so touchy............... hmmmmmmmmmm