Best Prenatal Care To Aid Intelligence And Development.

siampreggers

So the wife is in her first trimester.

What can we do to best aid the future intelligence and development of our child?

I've heard of fish-oils?

Playing the piano and singing? I aim for them to learn music at a very early age anyway.

I've heard that classical music is great in the infant stage I think, as it's complexities stimulate something or other.

Any tips, advice or recommendation?

I wouldn't bother worrying about that it makes very very little difference. Genes and upbringing are what will matter.

Other advice I give soon to be parents - no need for birthing classes waste of time and money ( giving birth is natural and docs know what they are doing). Plus don't over read books. Get one good book - reading more will just stress you put.

Overly stressed or worried parents on the other hand CAN seriously negatively impact your child's development.

Have fun! Having kids is one of if not the greatest experiences in life

Eat a good, balanced diet, take the prenatal vitamins, deliver in a hospital with a well equipped NICU. Once the baby is born, breastfeed for at least a few months and provide as healthy and wholesome a diet as possible. Beyond that and plenty of love, it's out of your hands.

It is rather analagous to the growth of a seed. If the soil, water and sunlight aren't sufficient, then the natural qualities in the seed may not manifest. But even the most ideal environmental conditions can't alter what was in the seed to begin with, i.e. all you can do is enable the child to develop the qualities s/he already has latent. Some children will have musical aptitude and some won't. Ditto artistic abilities and so forth. Children naturally vary in their degree of intelligence and in what types of intelligence they possess. The most important thing of all is unconditional love and acceptance. Don't get worked up on expectations of how you would like the child to be, let him or her emerge as they are. The anxiety created by parental expectations/ambitions can be very damaging.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...