60 Day Thai Tourist Visa From Phnom Penh Through Agency

I need to get a 60 day Thai tourist visa. I'm currently in Trat, Thailand on a 15 day exemption. I'm planning on going to Phnom Penh and getting the visa through an agency rather than the consulate, as I heard agencies can get the visa in as little as 1 day (compared to 3 or 4 business days in person at the consulate) and time is of the essence for me. Can anbody recommend a good agency in Phnom Penh that doesn't charge too much and can get the visa quickly?

Hi

I got a single entry tourist visa in PP using an agent just 2 weeks ago so unless changed, since then should be doable.

However I wasn`t in a rush and waited 4 days.

Good to hear, thanks for the info. Did they say they could get it faster if you needed it? This whole visa situation was very unexpected for me, so I need to get it ASAP. Also, did you have to show proof of travel out of Thailand?

Go to the embassy (early morning, before 9AM), but don't go inside. The guard who does it in 1-2 days will be looking for you. Give him your passport, one pic, and $60, and tell him you want it next day. He will have it ready in the afternoon of the next day. He will give you a slip of paper with his contact details as a receipt.

Have done it this way twice now, never a problem (I took his picture the first time, paranoid). He remembers us now, and greets us with a smile (and outstretched hand). Single 60-day entry only these days, however.

Go to the embassy (early morning, before 9AM), but don't go inside. The guard who does it in 1-2 days will be looking for you. Give him your passport, one pic, and $60, and tell him you want it next day. He will have it ready in the afternoon of the next day. He will give you a slip of paper with his contact details as a receipt.

Have done it this way twice now, never a problem (I took his picture the first time, paranoid). He remembers us now, and greets us with a smile (and outstretched hand). Single 60-day entry only these days, however.

Thanks!

Hi

I got a single entry tourist visa in PP using an agent just 2 weeks ago so unless changed, since then should be doable.

However I wasn`t in a rush and waited 4 days.

Good to hear, thanks for the info. Did they say they could get it faster if you needed it? This whole visa situation was very unexpected for me, so I need to get it ASAP. Also, did you have to show proof of travel out of Thailand?

Hi

The agent had already asked how long I was in PP for( total 7 days) so I`d guess she figured I didn`t need a quick turnaround and didn`t offer it.

No I wasn`t asked to show proof of travel out of Thailand, thought I might have been but wasn`t.

Strangely I was asked for proof of travel in to Thailand.

I provided my Air Asia BKK - PNH return itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Phnom Penh so wanted to update you guys. I actually decided to stay for longer than I originally planned, so getting the visa in 1 or 2 days wasn't as important. The lady at the hotel I stayed at said they would take care of the visa for $47, or $48 if I didn't have any onward travel plans. She said in 4 days I would have it. Everything went smoothly and in 4 days I had my Thai tourist visa without having to show any travel itenerary. Pretty dam_n easy...

@gavin, strange that you weren't asked for a travel itinerary. When I went to get my Thai tourist visa in Phnom Penh back in July, I was offered a 3 day 2 night turnaround for $5 more than the standard fee of US$40 by giving my application to the guard outside. He also requested my itinerary showing flights both in and out of Thailand. Although he didn't specify which one he was after, I had flights both in and out of Thailand anyway so there were no problems here. The guard did check my itineraries thoroughly though. I asked if I could get the visa sooner, but the guard insisted it would only be back 2 days later in the afternoon (I submitted my application before the deadline of 11am that day).

I was told by a travel agency in town that the turnaround would be no less than 3 days as well but for about US$50. I recall the travel agency hinting at the need for some sort of airline ticket either into or out of Thailand, but since I decided it might be quicker to go to the embassy myself I didn't use their service.

@gavin, strange that you weren't asked for a travel itinerary. When I went to get my Thai tourist visa in Phnom Penh back in July, I was offered a 3 day 2 night turnaround for $5 more than the standard fee of US$40 by giving my application to the guard outside. He also requested my itinerary showing flights both in and out of Thailand. Although he didn't specify which one he was after, I had flights both in and out of Thailand anyway so there were no problems here. The guard did check my itineraries thoroughly though. I asked if I could get the visa sooner, but the guard insisted it would only be back 2 days later in the afternoon (I submitted my application before the deadline of 11am that day).

I was told by a travel agency in town that the turnaround would be no less than 3 days as well but for about US$50. I recall the travel agency hinting at the need for some sort of airline ticket either into or out of Thailand, but since I decided it might be quicker to go to the embassy myself I didn't use their service.

I just told her right from the start that I didn't have itenerary. I knew from other threads that if I went into the embassy without it that I wouldn't get my visa. When she said that with itenerary it would be $47, I was expecting it to cost a lot more without, but she said $48. A friend of mine from France and myself did it at the same time, and we both didn't have outbound travel plans. We were guests at the hotel, so maybe she didn't try to price gouge us? The tour, bus, and visa prices at the hotel were cheaper than the travel agencies. Like for the bus from Phnom Penh to Koh Kong at the travel agencies was $9, but only $7 at the hotel.

That was my first time into Phnom Penh and I have to say, the Cambodians that deal with farang are the most dishonest people I've ever met. Even at the street food carts, I guarantee what I paid was more than what any Cambodian has paid. The tuk-tuk and motorbike taxi drivers are nothing but crooks. There's dishonest taxis in Thailand, but EVERY taxi in Cambodia tried to rip me off. Like asking for $12 for a 10 minute ride. A-holes.