Recomendations For A Cheap 3 In 1 Printer?

jaideeguy

Having gone thru all the major brands over the years and most only lasting a year at the most, I now need another [disposable] printer. Preferably a 3 in 1 [scanner/printer and fax] with the added ink wells.

Any recomendations for one that will last more than a year??

My last was a Canon and lasted a year and a half.

Thanks in advance.....

I got the Canon and it still represents the best overall I think. The ink is the issue with most as you probably know, printer cheap Ink expensive. The Pixma MP287 with ink tank on the side at around 50 baht a bottle and 2400 for the printer & tank package.

Edited by CharlieH

I have the Epson ME OFFICE 620f with outside inks, must be getting on for a year now. It's working fine. Scanner is good and so is colour copy. Fax works fine..............absolutely no complaints.

I use a Brother MFC-J415W printer/fax/scanner/copier with large aftermarket ink tanks for for 2-1/2 years

no problems at all

http://welcome.broth.../mfc-j415w.html

the big advantage of Brother is that the large in tanks slip right into the original slots

no ink feeder hoses like those needed for canon

before that I had some HP printers, OK with original ink tanks/head, plenty of problems with refills

Epson, plenty of problems, never again

post-14376-0-56318400-1345778388_thumb.j

Thought about a printer and separate scanner, but the ease of a 3 in one is addicting and takes up less space than separate units in my crowded office.....but you're right about the logic of separate units in that when one fails, it doesn't screw up the whole system.