Will Resigning From Employment Affect My Non-O (Thai Wife) Visa

i am planning to resign from my current job, as i have got another, better, job opportunity in thailand, which i want to take up. so, of course i will have to cancel my current WP, but as i am on a non-O 'Thai Wife' (NOT Non-B) visa, will that affect my visa too?

will i even have to inform immigration of the work permit cancellation or just apply for a new WP for the new job, and when - next year - my yearly visa extension renewal will come up, just renew it as usual, with the new job's salary being the income proof needed?

just want to make sure...

Visa's are not effected by end of employement, only extensions of stay from immigration based on employement. Since you are on a visa or on an extension of stay based on marriage your end of employment does not affect your immigration status.

You only need to cancel your work permit.

Visa's are not effected by end of employement, only extensions of stay from immigration based on employement. Since you are on a visa or on an extension of stay based on marriage your end of employment does not affect your immigration status.

You only need to cancel your work permit.

that's good! also, do you happen to know how log before i want to resign i have to tell my company? it's not stated specifically in my work contract, so the usual legalities would apply. i am on monthly salary basis, and i have read that i'd have to resign before the next salary date, but it did not state how long before/ a full moneht or more? less?

for example, if i want to resign as per 30th september 2012, would i have to tell my employer before august 31st, or could i do this, let's say, on 5th september or so still?

Why don't you ask your company? They are the ones to tell you. One University I worked at had a two month before the end of the term notice requirement.

as there is no specific provision concerning termination between me and my company, there will just be the usual regulation specified by law applicable. and i am not sure about THAT one...