Anyone With Experience To Make A Plastic Mold ?

Hi, i need to make a mold for producing screw caps for the 18" water bottles,

anyone who can put me in contact with a company who can make this mold, and the production,

If not,

Anyone who have hands on experience and can help me to make the mold i need so i can make this screw caps.

Jack

I know of a company that also can do the production.

www.bangkokmolds.com

Nice approachable guys running it. And very easy, they speak German and English. In my view essential for a good contact.

Not used them for my projects yet but they where very helpful and gave lots of information.

Edited by Khun Jean
  • Like 1

www.bangkokmolds.com

Nice approachable guys running it. And very easy, they speak German and English. In my view essential for a good contact.

Not used them for my projects yet but they where very helpful and gave lots of information.

excelent

Thank you !

jack

www.bangkokmolds.com

I talk with then already,

there prices are very Fair, however, the tool cost is too high for this project ( 85.000 baht )

i need a much cheaper solution,

jack

If you need a cheaper solution to get a few samples made up to test the concept, you may want to find one of the ubiquitous shops with a lathe and have a few of them machined from plastic rod.

The unit cost would be a lot higher, but you could tweak the design and test their market acceptance before ponying up the $3,000 for the mold.

BTW, as you noted- I'd consider $2,500-3,000 to be a very reasonable price for the tooling. Still, that's a significant chunk for a product test.

Good luck with the product!

If you need a cheaper solution to get a few samples made up to test the concept, you may want to find one of the ubiquitous shops with a lathe and have a few of them machined from plastic rod.

The unit cost would be a lot higher, but you could tweak the design and test their market acceptance before ponying up the $3,000 for the mold.

BTW, as you noted- I'd consider $2,500-3,000 to be a very reasonable price for the tooling. Still, that's a significant chunk for a product test.

Good luck with the product!

well, i just had a look at youtube, on how to make casting molds from silicone base, seems this is they way to go for the beginning atleast, however seems the results are reasonable enought considering i dont need to invest 3000 usd from beginning.

jack

Post back how it works out. I'm curious myself on the silicone molds.

i will do that.

i have watched some youtube video about it, and it does not seem complicated, except my product have an inside and outside, and im little worried about how the inner part will work out. But i will post the result.

I am pretty sure the Thais have a way which is not 3000 usd. you have have alot of workers to do something for 3000 usd

Jack

There will already be a manufacturer of these lids so why not approach him to supply?

Well still need a mold either way.

But i maybe found an alternative way, to just modify excisting lids, i am working on that for now

We contacted a Thai Mold maker, 200.000 for the mold ad minimum order of 50.000 subject there after.....

Jack

Output from a silicone mold will not perform well under stress. Hope you know that. smile.png

I dont know that, i have zero experience :-)

However, i have found another way, to just modify excisting Lids, to fitt my specification,

I can see the mold thing, is too complicated for this "job"

I better do it the "thai" way :-)

Jack

• Like 1

You mean low quality? :)

It all depends on how many you want to make, 80.000 for a professional mold is cheap but if your product sells for 20 baht you need to sell a lot to get out of costs.

Professional molds have short cycles to increase production.

Buy some polymorph and make a temporary mold from that.

Epoxy with glass fiber can also be used for a mold.

I even used gypsum and concrete as a mold. These materials are very cheap and if it not work, at least you learned something. :)

however, the tool cost is too high for this project ( 85.000 baht )

How many cavities? What daily output? What lifetime required? All that affects the cost.

Payboy is asking all the right questions.

Silicone molds are really just used for prototypes. They have a very short lifetime and deteriorate with each use. You may get 100 - 300 decent casts before it is no longer useful.

85,000baht for tooling is very reasonable and should be a one-off expense if made by a competent toolmaker, used by a competent manufacturer (pressure, heat and repairs) and well maintained - 10million cycles minimum.

All depends on your needs and budget.

Edited by DLock
  • Like 1