Sleeping Drunk Dutchman Robbed By Greedy Gays: Pattaya

webfact

Sleeping Drunk Dutchman Robbed By Greedy Gays

pdn340.jpeg

A 50-year-old Dutch tourist sleeping in front of a KFC on Beach Road was robbed by two gays of his cellphone and motorbike key. Witnesses called police, who arrested the gays. The pair said they first tried to wake the man, then decided to steal his stuff.

PATTAYA – August 24, 2012 [PDN]; at 6 a.m., a theft of a drunken tourist by two gays was reported to Pol. Lt. Vitsanu Chaisuwan, Deputy Inspector, Pattaya police station, Chonburi province.

He rushed to the scene with a police team in front of the KFC shop at the Royal Garden Plaza shopping complex on Pattaya Beach Road, Moo 9 Tambon Nong Preu, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province.

Witnesses told police that two gays had just stolen the phone of a drunk foreign tourist sleeping outside the KFC restaurant. Police then caught up to the two thieves and arrested them at the Soi Welcome Hotel Pattaya on Second Road.

They were identified as Mr. Veerasak or TonThongdaeng, age 29, address 92 Moo 5 Tambon Thaipattana, Amphur Phusing, Srisaket province; and Mr. Raklae or Tam Thongmak, age 31, address 26 Moo 7 Tambon Nongbua, Amphur Baankai, Rayong province.

Police searched the body of Mr. Veerasak and found a iPhone 4S belonging to the victim. The thieves had switched off the phone and took out the SIM card, which was found in the bag of Mr. Raklae. When police searched Mr. Raklae’s body, they found a motorbike key taken from the victim’s pants pocket.

Full story: http://www.pattayada...by-greedy-gays/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2012-08-24

footer_n.gif

Horrible yellow journalism.

Their sexuality had nothing to with this story.

The Dutchman was robbed by two MEN.

If the thieves had been straight, would the headline had said robbed by two STRAIGHTS?

First time I have ever heard gays used in that kind of irrelevant context.

Before you get your panties in a twist, no this is not the same as if the thieves had been ladyboys.

Why? Because ladyboys present as women so their appearance is so distinctive that it is objective to mention it. Look at the picture in the story. These are two men. One might look a bit effeminate but not more than many Thai straight men.

Now if the Hollander had invited the men to his room for a threesome, THEN the mention of the sexual aspect of the story would have been relevant.

If their sexuality doesn't matter then why do you say their gender matters. Why not 'robbed by two human beings'?

• Like 1

If the thieves had been straight, would the headline had said robbed by two STRAIGHTS?

Before you get your panties in a twist, no this is not the same as if the thieves had been ladyboys.

Why? Because ladyboys present as women so their appearance is so distinctive that it is objective to mention it. Look at the picture in the story. These are two men. One might look a bit effeminate but not more than many Thai straight men.

Now if the Hollander had invited the men to his room for a threesome, THEN the mention of the sexual aspect of the story would have been relevant.

Maybe THEY insisted on the title as it's their 'identity ' :D

"Hollander " :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

If their sexuality doesn't matter then why do you say their gender matters. Why not 'robbed by two human beings'?

Standard practice. Men and women have different general appearances. This also brings up nationality. In a tourist resort, it is relevant to mention the nationality of the victim. The nationality of the thieves is somewhat assumed to be Thai unless otherwise stated. So if the thieves had been Iranians you would expect that in the headline or lead. The detail that the thieves were gay if mentioned at all, should definitely not have been in the headline or lead, except in the case of a yellow journalism rag. They know there is more reader interest to bring something about SEX into a story that had nothing to do with sex.

The human being suggestion is totally ridiculous so not even going to bother responding to that specifically. However it does bring up the issue of RACE in these kinds of news stories. Should (minority) race be mentioned in the headline or lead of such news stories?

Edited by Jingthing

For once I totally agree with you.

Exactly my thoughts. GUTTER journalism. Disgusting. Tells us something about those who write (and spread) it.

Edited by pointoffew

I thought only Norwegian and U.K men were drunk.Must had a rough night.

You've obviously not met Americans, Aussies, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Germans, Danes, Swedes etc etc etc.

Get the point - drunks are not just from two countries.

• Like 1

Hang on,I thought the BiB were all corrupt and lazy and only helped if you paid them?

wait 'til you learn who took the drunk's other, dearer cell phone ...

Edited by thurien

Will the Pattaya Daily News kindly note the heterosexual orientation of all offenders please (as far as known). Here's a hint; Should be the majority.Thanks!

Maybe THEY insisted on the title as it's their 'identity ' biggrin.png

"Hollander " laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Maybe the keys were not in his pocket.