90 Day Reporting...Something I Didn'T Know

whistling.gif Last month...when I did my 90 day reporting, they handed out a factsheet handout.

Most of the information was stuff i already knew.

But there was one item I had never heard before,

It stated very clearly that if you were subject to 90 day reporting and you failed to report on time you were subject to that 2000 Baht fine.

But, if you were detained for any reason by the police AND it was discovered you also failed to report on time for your scheduled 90 day reporting....then that 2000 Baht fine could be DOUBLED by immigration.

So in other words...

If you are late in your 90 day reporting

and stopped for a traffic offense

and the police discover that failure of reporting on time for your last 90 day report

then immigration CAN LEGALLY make you pay 4000 Bant as your fine.

May never happen to anyone....but just be warned.

whistling.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

As far as I know it is a 5,000 Baht fine and 200 Baht every day late.

EDIT.

From Immigration Website. Maybe they have changed it?

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

Note

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

The law allows up to 5k fine and 200 baht per day for failure to report (Immigration Act of 2522) but immigration has normal fine of 2k if reporting late without issues or 4k if issues (such as arrest or refusal to pay).

Section 76 : Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

As far as I know it is a 5,000 Baht fine and 200 Baht every day late.

EDIT.

From Immigration Website. Maybe they have changed it?

http://www.immigrati...php?page=90days

Note

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.

I can't remember how that note read before. In case of arrest, this would probably be by the regular police, not immigration police, which could mean that the regular police has the authority to give a fine of 4,000 Baht. Or it could be that if the foreigner gets arrested the fine is 4,000 Baht, if he surrenders voluntarily (ie goes to the immigration office) the fine is halved. Basically, it depends on the details of the "settlement rule or any conditions" fixed by the Settlement Commission under Section 84 of the Immigration Act, a document that is not publicly available, as far as I know:

Section 84 : In all offenses under this Act, except the provisions of Section 62

Para.1 Section 63 , 64, 71 and 82 Para.2. The settlement Commission ,consisting

of the Police Department’s Director General or Representative, the Public

Prosecution Department’s Director General or Representative, and the

Immigration Division’s Commander or Representative, as the, members shall

have the authority to assign duty of settlement to the Inquiry Official or the

competent official by fixing a settlement rule or any conditions as the Settlement

Commission my deem proper.

When the offender has paid the fine as stipulate, the case shall be deemed settled

under the Criminal Procedure Code.

The best way to deal with this situation is to report on time. You can report in person, you can report by mail and you can send someone to report for you. All of us here on TV are using computers and smart phones and tablets. Each of those electronic devices has a calendar that you can set reminders for...... forgot to do 90 day report.... Really???

• Like 1

real life example.

we, as a foreign registered family of 4 regulary cross the border to Laos.

2 adults regular visits(seperatly) about once a month, no need to "calender" the 90 days

2 children however (age 4 and 8)do NOT regular cross the border, just once in a while.

For them we need to keep track of date and validilty of passport this year (Laos enter only when passport valid for more then 6 months)

Just for the record.

But beside the 6 months issue,how about if WE forget to report the childrens 90 day reporting, will they(WE) be subjectto the same punising ruling, or do they wave until they are 14?.

Children dont really need a visa do they?

WE THINK THEY DO.