Brlts In Tahkli

petetakhli

I don't know about Brits, but I know an American in Takfa about 30 kilometers away, me!

I miss read and thought you said tahkli. Tak Fa really?

And here I was thinking I'm the tallest guy in the village.

I don't know about Brits, but I know an American in Takfa about 30 kilometers away, me!

Tak Fa really! Actually about 12 kilometers south of Tak Fa in a small village, Ban Khao Din Daeng (Red Dirt Mountain Village) in the middle of sugar cane and corn fields, about 20 houses in all. Been here over 14 years. Don't know of any "Pubs in Tak Fa", the two that existed years ago are long gone. Not familar with Takhli nightlife but doubt that any exists. Where do you live?

Edited by wayned

Tak Fa really! Actually about 12 kilometers south of Tak Fa in a small village, Ban Khao Din Daeng (Red Dirt Mountain Village) in the middle of sugar cane and corn fields, about 20 houses in all. Been here over 14 years. Don't know of any "Pubs in Tak Fa", the two that existed years ago are long gone. Not familar with Takhli nightlife but doubt that any exists. Where do you live?

Technically I think it's Ban Khao Chai Tong, though I don't think either of us appear on maps. About 6 kms west of Takfa on the north side of AH 1 to Tahkli.

You'd be somewhere off highway 11 then?

Let me know if you're coming to the market in town and maybe we can grab a beer.

Edited by necronx99

Technically I think it's Ban Khao Chai Tong, though I don't think either of us appear on maps. About 6 kms west of Takfa on the north side of AH 1 to Tahkli.

You'd be somewhere off highway 11 then?

Let me know if you're coming to the market in town and maybe we can grab a beer.

About 4 kilometers to the left off Highway 11 on the first Soi just past the police checkpoint when going south toward Inburi. Just had hip replacement surgery on 6 August and am just starting to hobble around on a cane. Took a nose dive off a ladder when I was rerouting TV antenna cable. Will give you a shout when I'm able to push the clutch with repeated success and drive.

Actually I would suspect there is some nightlife in Takhli as it is still has an active Royal Thai Airforce base, a train depot and on highway 1 so a market town for a rather large area.

It's a very quiet town now, very spread out and I don't think it has a building over 3 stories.

has a 7/11, no supermarket.

I haven't has a real good look around though.

Perhaps Peter can fill us in.

Edited by necronx99

Not sure nightlife has to be higher than 3 stories - from my travels most upcountry seems to be at ground level and likely to be located in the spread out areas. The town used to be off the highways across from the train station so may be more shops in that area than along the road. But it had a reputation as a rough town with criminal activity a few decades ago and even when US troops were there conflicts between police and Thai military were common (most land was owned by military).

• 2 weeks later...

hi john

i have been living in tahkli for 5 years now i have seen a few falangs about

but never spoken too any,i live about 500yards south of the railway station on the east side of the tracks

Ok cool , maybe we could meet for a beer one day . Is your house close to the main road ? I could try to locate you , if that`s ok with you.. ? ( Not eveyone likes strangers on their doorsteps ) Edited by John Egil

hi john

i sent you a pm yesterday i dont know if you recieved it, anyway iam in bangkok for

a few weeks if you want to locate my house it is on the main rd no 3o1 it is a large white

house with big blue gates outside,opposite the house is a small shack that sells sticky rice

maybe we can have that beer when i come back