Upgrading To Windows 8....Worth It?

BKS22

By any chance is there a way of using Win 8 on the net without being logged into an email account? Not sure if I've stuffed something during the upgrade, but if I don't log in to hotmail there is no pc access.

I am aware I can create a 'local' account - but apparently that won't have internet access.

Can anyone shed some light in this corner?

With all the crap MS determined we should have on the main screen, it will be one hell of a download hog on wireless.

Some things in Win 8 are ok - bit painful finding the way around at first & some things, like closing programs, are not obvious. If being permanently connected via MS mail account is an unlisted pre-requisit, I'd prefer to go to Linux.

I use one of my computers logged in to an email account and one computer without logging in. I can use everything the same way on both computers. I don't use the tiled screen very much, I use it mostly for easy access to programs, processes, or files.

I haven't switched accounts on either computer since using the retail versions of Win8. In all the preview programs I had only 1 computer loaded and I did switch between a local account and a signed in account. Again, there wasn't much difference. At the time I was using the cloud for storage. Now I don't because my needs have changed.

I like Windows 8. I have found answers to most of the "problems" and some dislikes people have talked about. I am not using my computers for work, so that may make a difference.

MSPain

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic