Martial Arts In Pattaya

tuk tuk

hi guys

can anyone help i am looking for martial arts clubs in pattaya but not thai boxing. i am looking for Kali, Arnis, Pencak Silat, clubs or any mixed martial arts.

chears tuk

SOUTHEAST ASIA INTERNATIONAL MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY THAILAND

It is a one of a kind in Thailand fully certified by the Ministry of Education (Thai Government). It teaches Sir Ge Dorr Kempo Kung <deleted>, International boxing, Muay Thai (Thai Boxing), and K1 kick boxing. The center is made up of four levels equating to 1024 meters of training facilities.

The Ground floor catering for reception, sports equipment shop, beverages, and changing facilities.

The 1st floor is a fully equipped Martial arts training area matted out with professional throwing mats, wooden dummies for Shaolin training, along with all other equipment needed to practice traditional martial arts.

The Second floor is a Muay Thai and Boxing Gym, set up to professional standards with a solid wooden oak polished floor with punching bags and fully mirrored.

The Roof top is equipped with a full size boxing ring for sparring and training along with weight lifting equipment.

If you walked over the bridge at the top of Pattaya Klang it is just to your left!

Edited by MP5

• 2 years later...
http://www.issworldwide.com/innerstudentcourse.html

hmmmmm.... maybe a bit hard core.

I agree, I am also lookingg for some martial arts in Pattaya, but this ISS looks to me a bit too aggressive. I am not looking into becoming a killer machine, rather do it as a past time. Aikido would be interesting...

theres a western nutter in pattaya who claims to be trained by the shaolin monks, and is ex- SF

I think he,s a brit, or kiwi... what he is , is mad....

he hides behind some " top thai connections" like most of his kind in thailand who he runs to when he cannot fight his own battles-

i think he calls his " art " kempo", has a big school on the main road

does,nt like others to open schools there-my friend fronted him and he ran a mile-avoid him of coures

the best is gerry for the krav- maga

mark stewart for JKD, kali, etc

tom sotis from amok! is coming soon too

all real people

in bangkok theres a good aikido school in the ambassador hotel

goodluck

hi guys

can anyone help i am looking for martial arts clubs in pattaya but not thai boxing. i am looking for Kali, Arnis, Pencak Silat, clubs or any mixed martial arts.

chears tuk

It is a one of a kind in Thailand fully certified by the Ministry of Education (Thai Government). It teaches Sir Ge Dorr Kempo Kung <deleted>, International boxing, Muay Thai (Thai Boxing), and K1 kick boxing. The center is made up of four levels equating to 1024 meters of training facilities.

The Ground floor catering for reception, sports equipment shop, beverages, and changing facilities.

The 1st floor is a fully equipped Martial arts training area matted out with professional throwing mats, wooden dummies for Shaolin training, along with all other equipment needed to practice traditional martial arts.

The Second floor is a Muay Thai and Boxing Gym, set up to professional standards with a solid wooden oak polished floor with punching bags and fully mirrored.

The Roof top is equipped with a full size boxing ring for sparring and training along with weight lifting equipment.

If you walked over the bridge at the top of Pattaya Klang it is just to your left!

thats the nutter...he should be fully certified!

the cert from the thai government is both pointless and worthless time wasting, completely worthless, ignore that-

a good art, teacher does,nt need that- theres neither there

the muaythai might be good though

having something like that should serve as warning not to go there

hope you find what you,re looking for

QUESTION :-

I am retiring to Pattaya & if I was to teach Martial Arts to interested persons there would that contravene my Retirement Visa???????

I would like to see this Guy teaching Kempo as I became a Shihan in Kempo at the Kempokan HQ in Fukasawa ( I stayed there),Tokyo in 1974 & promoted to a yudansha (Black Belt)since 1964 & a life member of the Kempokan Yudansha Kai. We might have some common friends from China or Japan.

Up until then (1964) no Gosei (Foreigner) ever was made a Senseii (Instructor) & since then only another 3 , one was my younger brother , another was a Mr.Abrahams of Newcastle NSW (We are all Australians) I think the other was a Mr. Bingo of Hawaii.

My Hanshi was Narasaki Takeo & his colleague Yamaguchi Gogen of Goju-Kai organisation were with me & photograhed to-gether in 1974 when I was promoted to Shihan (Master) & after winning the Open Title. (I was a lot younger then ). Hanshi Narasaki & Yamaguchi have since passed away

I have been teaching part time since 1964 but since the mid nineties mainly to Security , Police & Special Units with Defensive Tactics.

Many , many people have done some sort of training & then start their own 'style' schools. This is how most arts started in ancient times , BUT, Karate per se has only been 'schooled' since 1925. Funacoshi Gichin founder. The original Muy Thai used gloves of hemp with ground glass in them,Tae Kwon Do was Military unarmed Killing of enemies,Shaolin/Kempo/Chuan Fa was defensive arts to eliminate village enemies & that included marauding animals ,Judo was commenced by Kano Jigaro , & so it goes throughout the world & as society has changed so have each Art.

I use Kempokan for light exercise & fitness & don't teach a lot of advanced skills except to the personnel who need them in Hostile enviroments where it is another option of Force.

Why I have always liked Martial Arts is that it can be taught & learnt in many ways , very few people train to the nth degree as their life , & it would be hard unless you were dedicated , celibate & live in a Monastry for many years.

Hope that this short condensed history is helpful.....

BUT , back to my question , if I was to teach in Pattaya would that contravene my retirement Visa ???

:o

Depending on what art form you are looking to train for you have to decide offensive or defensive. If your teacher is into the kill all in combat avoid him or her like the plague.

A good teacher will always be humble & teach you the art is for self defense & not to become a killing machine.And you get a great workout body mind & spirit as a +!

Judo & Ju-Jitsu are both wonderful forms of the art as your opponent will have a hard time getting close to you. I like the way you use their weight & inertia of their mass against them when a perpetrator tries to overbear you. After a couple of times throwing them down or flipping them on their head or whatever- they will give up the pursuit & go for an easier target.

My teacher was very small 5'3" or 160 cm & was able to take on an opponent 6'4" or 193cm upward to 200cm with ease.

And this type of art is less prone to getting fractures in your bone structure. Both forms are rarely announced to the attacker & is a very humbling experience for a would be problem. No braggarts in this bunch & it is fun to learn!!!!!

I wish had a contact for you, but my time is dedicated to planting trees & keeping our property looking good.

Good luck on your training- a definite worthwhile investment on your self. And a dynamite way to keep fit while increasing serenity & self esteem among the many other benefits.

There is also one in Pattaya, in Mike shopping mall, 4th floor. website: www.aikido-pattaya.com.

BUT , back to my question , if I was to teach in Pattaya would that contravene my retirement Visa ???

Yes - but that doesn't stop some from people doing it anyway ....

Edited by Phil Conners

I am retiring to Pattaya & if I was to teach Martial Arts to interested persons there would that contravene my Retirement Visa???????

I would like to see this Guy teaching Kempo as I became a Shihan in Kempo at the Kempokan HQ in Fukasawa ( I stayed there),Tokyo in 1974 & promoted to a yudansha (Black Belt)since 1964 & a life member of the Kempokan Yudansha Kai. We might have some common friends from China or Japan.

Up until then (1964) no Gosei (Foreigner) ever was made a Senseii (Instructor) & since then only another 3 , one was my younger brother , another was a Mr.Abrahams of Newcastle NSW (We are all Australians) I think the other was a Mr. Bingo of Hawaii.

My Hanshi was Narasaki Takeo & his colleague Yamaguchi Gogen of Goju-Kai organisation were with me & photograhed to-gether in 1974 when I was promoted to Shihan (Master) & after winning the Open Title. (I was a lot younger then ). Hanshi Narasaki & Yamaguchi have since passed away

I have been teaching part time since 1964 but since the mid nineties mainly to Security , Police & Special Units with Defensive Tactics.

Many , many people have done some sort of training & then start their own 'style' schools. This is how most arts started in ancient times , BUT, Karate per se has only been 'schooled' since 1925. Funacoshi Gichin founder. The original Muy Thai used gloves of hemp with ground glass in them,Tae Kwon Do was Military unarmed Killing of enemies,Shaolin/Kempo/Chuan Fa was defensive arts to eliminate village enemies & that included marauding animals ,Judo was commenced by Kano Jigaro , & so it goes throughout the world & as society has changed so have each Art.

I use Kempokan for light exercise & fitness & don't teach a lot of advanced skills except to the personnel who need them in Hostile enviroments where it is another option of Force.

Why I have always liked Martial Arts is that it can be taught & learnt in many ways , very few people train to the nth degree as their life , & it would be hard unless you were dedicated , celibate & live in a Monastry for many years.

theres lots of ways to do....ask for donatations, ask someone else to receive payment, nobodys can either prove, nor bother to check it out. You will not make alot of money and be doing some good.

I wish you well. I lived in japan for a long time too.

I met sensie draeger, higonna( of guju), etc, etc,I loved it. What is your style, is it like shorinji kempo?

The other kempo man in pattaya is 100% fake, he,ll not be pleased if you teach.

if you do have classes, please let me know

best wishes

theres lots of ways to do....ask for donatations, ask someone else to receive payment, nobodys can either prove, nor bother to check it out. You will not make alot of money and be doing some good.

I met sensie draeger, higonna( of guju), etc, etc,I loved it. What is your style, is it like shorinji kempo?

best wishes

Thank you for your wishes , it is starting to sound encouraging. Kempokan & Shorinji Kempo both have their roots in China & go back many centuries.The 6th in fact. The difference is mainly that Shorinji is named after one of the temples where Bodhidharma is said to have taught a meditative state combined with the physical aspects of training. It is proclaimed to be one of the old styles that place as much importance on Zen meditation as much as the defensive moves. KempoKan (Kan , Ryu, Kai etc basically mean school ) also does this but achieves it with Ryu Ken (the way of the river) in Chinese Tai Chi of which there are also many styles .

Having spent the majority of my life in Conflict Areas of other training for Law Enforcement & Special Teams as a teacher & a Team Member , I enjoy just the mellowness of Kata (form) with light formal spars to demonstrate achievment. I teach the combat parts of it for the professionals that need it only & adapted for their need. After 45+ years of practise I am more into the enjoyment & skill of self improvement. Many modern arts find their roots in Kempo (Chinese = Chua'n Fa , the way of Fist) such as Aikido,Judo,Karate etc. For Fighting I always recommend , Muy Thai , Boxing, Krav Magda & an MP5 or a .40cal Sig is fairly serious. I don't teach to interested persons to make a living just a moderate sum , I teach other skills for that

For a pastime & moderate execise I like it & I will test the waters of interest while there in December ,as we prepare for our final move & house search.

:D

hi guys

chears tuk

The ISS gym for boxing and kung <deleted>/ martial arts/ judo mentioned above, has also now just opened another branch, all brand new with new equipment and air con on Pattayaklang accross from Foodland - my Thai Partner is the boxing teacher there and on the Sukhumvit, very reasonable prices i believe. Might be worth your while to go and have a look, the prices ect are advertised on the windows.

There is also one in Pattaya, in Mike shopping mall, 4th floor. website: www.aikido-pattaya.com.

Yes - but that doesn't stop some from people doing it anyway ....

Funny how this thread resurfaced...A few posts above I was asking about Aikido in Pattaya...now I practice 2.5 years already - at Mike's actually, for more info PM me :o

• 3 weeks later...

best wishes

Thank you for your wishes , it is starting to sound encouraging. Kempokan & Shorinji Kempo both have their roots in China & go back many centuries.The 6th in fact. The difference is mainly that Shorinji is named after one of the temples where Bodhidharma is said to have taught a meditative state combined with the physical aspects of training. It is proclaimed to be one of the old styles that place as much importance on Zen meditation as much as the defensive moves. KempoKan (Kan , Ryu, Kai etc basically mean school ) also does this but achieves it with Ryu Ken (the way of the river) in Chinese Tai Chi of which there are also many styles .

Having spent the majority of my life in Conflict Areas of other training for Law Enforcement & Special Teams as a teacher & a Team Member , I enjoy just the mellowness of Kata (form) with light formal spars to demonstrate achievment. I teach the combat parts of it for the professionals that need it only & adapted for their need. After 45+ years of practise I am more into the enjoyment & skill of self improvement. Many modern arts find their roots in Kempo (Chinese = Chua'n Fa , the way of Fist) such as Aikido,Judo,Karate etc. For Fighting I always recommend , Muy Thai , Boxing, Krav Magda & an MP5 or a .40cal Sig is fairly serious. I don't teach to interested persons to make a living just a moderate sum , I teach other skills for that

For a pastime & moderate execise I like it & I will test the waters of interest while there in December ,as we prepare for our final move & house search.

:D

well I think thailands genuine/earnest martial artists will be happy that you,ve decided to move here.

Whats the main differences between the two styles you teach?

best wishes