How Far Out Of Bkk For 3 Bed House For 25K Pm?

I currently live in a condo in fairly central Bangkok but wouldn't mind moving into a house with its own garden and perhaps a pool shared or private.

I am wondering how far out of town would I have to go to find a house with three bedrooms and a garden for about 25,000 baht?

If it was on the Silom line or on the river that would be great.

Any ideas for areas to look much appreciated or if it is not realistic at this price what sort of monthly should I expect to pay?

Thanks.

Phrakanong had a few 4-5 bedroom townhouses 200 meter from bts for 30k.

With a real garden (Meaning bigger than an area to park your car) i think you need to go around or beyond sukhumvit 101 and a good distance into sois.

Edited by Khun Jean

If you consider your health important a place a little further from the BTS is much better.

The pollution source is the main road, the further you are removed from that it gets exponentially better.

If i compare the amounts of fine dust between a place close to sukhumvit and where i am now the difference is enormous. It now takes a few weeks before you can see the dust settling on things like picture frames, top of the tv etc. At the place close to sukhumvit it was within a few days.

In my view about 500 meter or more from the main road the condo's are cheaper, bigger, cleaner, have more trees around, etc. Houses are as good as nonexistent near a BTS.

Transportation is most of the time no problem as taxies, motorcy's or a good walk gets you to a BTS very quick.

Here is different than say the UK......... Here the further you go from the City the cheaper it gets, likewise the further from the main road again the cheaper it gets.

Last year some new detached 3 bedroom houses were built in Sai Noi, rent for these was 5,500 baht per month......... From here you get the 6 wheel truck bus to Bang Yai or the main road cost 10 baht each way. Bang Yai is the end stop to the new BTS think opening in about 18 months time....

Same type of house on the main road 25 - 30,000 baht.. Sai Noi is 13 km from main road.. Many people in the Village were I live work in BKK and drive in every day..

The other point is more or less every Village has Mini Buses, from the end of my Village is many......... 2 of them I know where they go 1x every 30 mins to Pata in Pinklao, return is from Tesco Lotus, cost 30 baht, the other to the end of the MRT line also every 30 mins cost 25 baht..

I have both a car and a pickup, but last month went into BKK 50km by next door in there car, and came back of the Mini bus for 30 baht, very easy and simple