Getting Rid Of Unwelcome Dogs

petercouz

Hi There - can anyone tell me who I can contact to get rid of very unwelcome wild dogs around my house - I have two young kids and I am really concerned that these dogs are going to breed soon and we will be overrun, and my kids will be in danger from packs of snarling nasty dogs. Are there local organizations who can come round to neuter the dogs or even take them away?

You could always invite them in for a meal. May I recommend the fresh chicken marinated in ethylene glycol (non-synthetic antifreeze). Serve it up with the marinade. They love it, but seldom come back looking for more.

Dont think I have thought of that but my Wife's family, not her share my extreme sentiments in the matter.......

Get your Thai partner to contact your Amphur who will remove them if they are not owned by someone

I will definitely try that - but when you Amphur, what exactly is that? The local council or mayor?

Get your Thai partner to contact your Amphur who will remove them if they are not owned by someone

I will definitely try that - but when you Amphur, what exactly is that? The local council or mayor?

It's the equivalent to a local council. They will have a person/department that deals with stray dogs.

It's the equivalent to a local council. They will have a person/department that deals with stray dogs.

Okay many thanks for the suggestion - prefer that to anti-freeze!

A department in Thailand that gets rid of stray dogs? How many people are employed by them? How many hours do they work per day? Who pays the employees wages? If they are to succeed in their job, there will have to be loads of workers working very long hours. But where would all the money to pay their wages come from?

A department in Thailand that gets rid of stray dogs? How many people are employed by them? How many hours do they work per day? Who pays the employees wages? If they are to succeed in their job, there will have to be loads of workers working very long hours. But where would all the money to pay their wages come from?

Did I say the Amphur has a dedicated department? No. However my Amphur, Nong Prue in Chon Buri, will follow up on complaints about dogs such as excessive barkings during the night. They come to your Moo Baan, talk to the neighbours and if they concur will warn the owner to take action. If they don't the dog/s are removed. Same applies for dangerous dogs / Soi dogs

Edited by simple1

Dogs need food to survive and breed - the long term solution is to make sure there is no food around to encourage the dogs to visit your neighbourhood.

THis means check out the garbage and any other source of food - in particular the morons who think they are helping by feeding the dogs.

no food - no dogs.

• 1 month later...

Wait for the guy in the truck with the load speaker saying he will trade a bucket for your dog.Last time he came around our village the familys two dogs did not bark and they always bark.All they did was sit still at the house and watch as the truck with the barking dogs came and went.I think they knew for sure who that was.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

And, if the 'local council' can't do it, then mix some 'X85' powder and mix it with some rice and meat. Usually found in farm shops but anyone will advise you where to get it. Protect your babies, animal rights come second.

Edited by DonW

I've seen some locals put (full) water bottles on the pavement and their driveway to ward off stray cats and dogs. I have no idea how it works, but the locals claim it to be effective.

Reflections and the way cats and dogs see. It works to the same principle of small hanging mirrors over pre-prepared food. Those mirrors are to flies what repugnant maggots are to humans.

You could always invite them in for a meal. May I recommend the fresh chicken marinated in ethylene glycol (non-synthetic antifreeze). Serve it up with the marinade. They love it, but seldom come back looking for more.

Hope the kids don't chow down too.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

And, if the 'local council' can't do it, then mix some 'X85' powder and mix it with some rice and meat. Usually found in farm shops but anyone will advise you where to get it. Protect your babies, animal rights come second.

Same stuff that causes DNA deformities and cancer when in the groundwater,nice for babies..FOOL.

• 1 month later...

Just kill the dam_n overgrown rats. You can't let them form packs. The Thai Buddhist mentality towards dogs doesn't work. No training, no punishment, and when one of your dogs has puppies you wait a couple months then take them about a kilometer away and turn them loose. When there's too many to deal with you turn your back and let the government kill them all. If you have sympathy for the aggressive street dogs then I'm assuming you've never had to deal with problem dogs.