What Is The Best Visa For My Travel

Hi.

Please review my itinerary below with follow-up questions.

I will be arriving in Bangkok Don Mung airport on May 1, 2006 at 11:30pm.

I have a flight to Cambodia at 7:00am the following day (05/02).

I will be in Cambodia for 3 weeks then return to Bangkok May 22,2005

With the exception of a 4 day travel to Philippines in July, I will stay in Bangkok for 5 months.

Questions:

1. What visa would best suite the above itinerary and allow the least amount of visa runs?

2. Since I will be traveling to Cambodia the next day, what steps must I take at the airport on my initial arrival to not loose 3 weeks on my visa?

3. When I apply for my visa at the consulate in New York City, do I have to show proof of my air ticket payment?

Thanks.

Tom.

1. A two entry tourist visa.

2. Proceed to transit area - do not enter through Thailand immigration/have bags checked through when you start travel. If unable to do this ask immigration to provide you a 30 day stay stamp rather than use your tourist visa (do not write visa info on arrival card) - they are usually willing to do this if you are polite.

3. Obtain a re-entry permit for your PI travel so you can continue using the full validity of your first tourist visa entry. That will cover first 2 months of stay in Thailand. Then extend for 30 day at immigration. That make trip to another country and return for your second tourist visa entry and if necessary extend for 30 days again.

1. A two entry tourist visa.

2. Proceed to transit area - do not enter through Thailand immigration/have bags checked through when you start travel. If unable to do this ask immigration to provide you a 30 day stay stamp rather than use your tourist visa (do not write visa info on arrival card) - they are usually willing to do this if you are polite.

3. Obtain a re-entry permit for your PI travel so you can continue using the full validity of your first tourist visa entry. That will cover first 2 months of stay in Thailand. Then extend for 30 day at immigration. That make trip to another country and return for your second tourist visa entry and if necessary extend for 30 days again.

Thanks Lopburi3 for your feedback.

In regards to the second point, I will have to go through immigration upon arrival.

If I can get a separate 30 day stamp, then upon return from Cambodia to Thailand in 3 weeks, I should present my tourist visa to Thai immigration which at that time the 2 months will begin. Correct?

Thanks.

Tom.