The Asians Just Ain'T Cutting It!

Stubby

Hi Folks. This is a bit of a strange request, and I doubt anyone will have the answer, but after 10 days of unsuccessfully searching for track suit bottoms with the proper fit, then, well, there’s no harm in asking?

I’ve been to all the department stores and surround sportswear shops that I know or now, and had no joy. So if anyone has any new suggestions pray do tell.

The Problem

How can I explain it? Okay, I’ll try. I find the right size tracksuit bottoms with comfortable waist and perfect leg length when standing up straight. The problem is, when I sit down, get on the motorbike, or cycle. So when the knee bends the material goes shooting up the leg halfway between ankles and knee.

Despite looking odd, it’s uncomfortable too. I really don’t know how this happens (this my second pair now), but can only assume it’s some kind of Asian cut?

The track suite bottoms I have from home rest on the top of the shoe. When I bend the leg to walk, sit, or ride, they’re still sitting comfortably on the top of the shoe, just like a pair of jeans does.

So if anyone knows of any place where I can find a western fit (assuming the cut is the problem), then please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Stubby

What are you doing wearing a track suit outside?

You may want to try one of the "Export" shops in KSK or Airport Plaza. If you go to Airport plaza try the place in the basement as well (Dr Zu?) - Kind of a big and tall store.

Another option is to get one made to order. At least it will fit you well...

outside? really?

When you buy a track suit, I think you should ware it, sit and see how many centimeters that you need to cut it off , then mark it and go to any clothes repair shops, Natapong tailor on Wualai road, Ton-Or on Bumrungrad road , or other tailors in Chiang Mai .http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=tailor+chiang+mai&hl=th&ie=UTF8&ll=18.785092,98.983727&spn=0.173243,0.220757&fb=1&gl=th&hq=tailor&hnear=%E0%B8%88.%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88&t=m&fll=18.785092,98.983727&fspn=0.173243,0.220757&z=12

Thanks for the replies folks.

What am i doing wearing tracksuit bottoms outside? I'd be a bit of a novice to go trekking in the mountain jungles wearing shorts, wouldn't I? Get a grip of yourself man! Tracksuit bottom are light, comfortable, and protect from insects and cuts from the overgrowth.

CMSteve, you sound like a man who hangs around the concrete jungles rather than those of a more natural 'nature'. Either that of you love the feeling or a juicy leach sucking the blood from your calves.

I'd still be interested to know if anyone else has a local solution other than getting tailor made items or ordering from the internet? I don't need to post on a forum to work out those options for myself ;)

Btw, this is an issue with all the brand names, but it wasn't just a few years ago. Maybe the market for foreign cuts is not lucrative enough to continue, going by similar requests by people on forums looking for clothes that fit in Thailand.

Stubby

What am i doing wearing tracksuit bottoms outside?

I'd be a bit of a novice to go trekking in the mountain jungles wearing shorts, wouldn't I?

Get a grip of yourself man! Tracksuit bottom are light, comfortable, and protect from insects and cuts from the overgrowth.

CMSteve, you sound like a man who hangs around the concrete jungles rather than those of a more natural 'nature'.

Either that of you love the feeling or a juicy leach sucking the blood from your calves.

I'd still be interested to know if anyone else has a local solution other than getting tailor made

items or ordering from the internet? I don't need to post on a forum to work out those options for myself wink.png

Btw, this is an issue with all the brand names, but it wasn't just a few years ago. Maybe the market for foreign

cuts is not lucrative enough to continue, going by similar requests by people on forums looking for clothes that fit in Thailand.

Stubby

On Ratchapakinai road, near Jok Somphet (Thai-Chinese rice soup restuarant in the corner of Ratchapakinai road and Sri Poom road)

in the same side, there is a clothes repair shop, the name is Rung Ruang Jean (they repair all kind of clothes).

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?q=chiang+mai+map&hl=th&ie=UTF8&ll=18.794976,98.99006&spn=0.005444,0.006899&hnear=%E0%B8%88.%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%8A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%87%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%AB%E0%B8%A1%E0%B9%88&gl=th&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=18.794976,98.99006&panoid=3nWTmAZJJISy3mB9gasoYA&cbp=12,286.65,,1,-3.11

"I'd be a bit of a novice to go trekking in the mountain jungles wearing shorts, wouldn't I? So your mind jumps to a track suit for treking?

A little advice from " a man who hangs around the concrete jungles rather than those of a more natural 'nature'."

track suits and excersise clothes in general are made to breathe, leaving wide gaps for mosquitos to bite through.....

You'll be much better off with a good pair of light khaki's and something to tie downs the legs around your boots.

In all seriousness, try the Dr Zu place in the basement of airport plaza. They either have or will order pretty much any size for you.

What am i doing wearing tracksuit bottoms outside? I'd be a bit of a novice to go trekking in the mountain jungles wearing shorts, wouldn't I? Get a grip of yourself man! Tracksuit bottom are light, comfortable, and protect from insects and cuts from the overgrowth.

CMSteve, you sound like a man who hangs around the concrete jungles rather than those of a more natural 'nature'. Either that of you love the feeling or a juicy leach sucking the blood from your calves.

I'd still be interested to know if anyone else has a local solution other than getting tailor made items or ordering from the internet? I don't need to post on a forum to work out those options for myself wink.png

Btw, this is an issue with all the brand names, but it wasn't just a few years ago. Maybe the market for foreign cuts is not lucrative enough to continue, going by similar requests by people on forums looking for clothes that fit in Thailand.

Stubby

Edited by CMSteve

You hit the nail on the head when you asked if it was some kind of asian cut.. Don't forget that asians do not have the same bone structure that we have and this being a country of asians clothes are made to fit their bodies not ours.

I think you're right market trader. It's strange how they fit when standing though, then do their own thing as soon as the leg bends! I guess only a tailor could explain why this is.

There did however used to be a large sportswear shop (with a camping department upstairs), located at the night Bizarre. I think it was there 2 years ago when i was last having a long stay in CM. It's gone now, but i know they had all kinds of brand names that fitted foreigners.

Thanks once again everybody else that has contributed. There's some useful responses here. Can't help but wonder what the posts were that got removed for flaming though? Surely no one can muster up nasty comments over the purchase of clothing. Can they? LOL smile.png

Stubby

Edited by Stubby