How Many Week/Month Do You Tell Landlord If You Want To Move Out From Flat/Apartment ?

Simple if you have a lease in writing, you can leave with your deposit at the end of term unless it has some sort of automatic extension provision that requires notice.

Otherwise, typically you provide notice based on your term - weekly = one week's notice, monthly = one month's notice. That's what I've done and never had a problem and always got my deposit.

Deposit may not be available until an inspection of your apt. but I have always insisted on being present for the inspection upon vacating. Several times I had to come back a few days later to get my deposit - sometimes cash, sometimes a check.

All of the above based on dealing with reputable landlords and no damage other than normal wear and tear (occasionally a debatable issue).

Good luck.

Edited by Headgame
  • Like 1

30 days notice is common. Some apartments tie you into minimum contract periods (6 months or a year) and they will inflict this upon you by keeping the deposit if they are a bit tight. There are plenty of suggestions about how to take that behaviour badly, but I would suggest you inspect any contract you have, be open minded, polite and understanding....it will go a long way.

• Like 1