**Urgent** Visa Problems

Hey guys I need some help on an issue,

I applied for my visa back in the usa for training muay thai, i gave them all the documents and was stamped. I am in Bangkok and I want to extend my visa further it expires in the 22/sept/12 I was not aware the visa they gave me was a non-b immigrant visa(work visa) I am not working here im just training, I went to the embassy today here in bangkok and they told me you have a working visa? And in order to extend I need a work permit ect? What the heck Im so confused and I wont want to get into any trouble here please help!

Do you have a single entry or multi entry non immigrant B visa? If multi entry you just exit Thailand a return for a new 90 day stay. You can check on the visa "single" or "one" or "multi". You can also check the use by date - if only three months from issue it is single entry but of valid for a year it is multi entry.

You must have gone to Immigration in Bangkok today. What kind of training are you talking about (teaching or learning or both? If it involves work you do need the non immigrant B visa and a work permit. Do not believe many places can provide documents for education extension but they should be helping you if they can.

Well my visa i believe is only a 1 entry visa it says enter before sept/5/2012 and under the number of entry it has been stamped "USED" and i cant read the number because its stamped over but i believe it says 1, I am training Muay Thai boxing btw

Edited by Sakmongkol

For sure single entry and you are not likely to obtain another in any country near here without a work permit if you really mean you are doing the training. But believe your receiving the training so should have an ED visa or even a tourist visa entry. In any case it appears you will have to exit Thailand to obtain a new entry to continue your study if in training.

Have you consulted the school for assistance?

Sorry for the confusion here, but when you say you're "training in muey Thai" -- it's not clear to us if you're a teacher or a student. If you are a teacher, then the school should assist you in arranging for a work permit. If you are a student, then they should help you obtain an Ed visa -- which isn't the visa you currently have.

Edited by NancyL

Your are allowed to study anything, including Muay Thai, when in Thailand on a tourist visa or even without a visa. Therefore, as Lopburi mentioned, your option is to go to a Thai consulate in a neighbouring country for a tourist visa. Some consulates may even give you a double-entry tourist visa, eg Vientiane and Savannakhet.

I would also bring a note from your gym, trainer and reciepts for payment as well as photos.

Id apply for a TR myself, see if you can get a double and then extend both.

Big risk is that they take you as another layabout or illegal teacher so bring evidence contrary.

Also atm slips. They might not want to see any of it but you have it none the less.

Edited by bangkokburning