Trucks With No Bumpers?

bkkjames

Really I saw 3 red plate trucks on my way home today, a chevy colorado z71 ltz 4x4 (nice truck btw) a nissan navara and a new mazda all without rear bumpers. this got my attention and then noticed a whole bunch more on non red plated trucks?

back home in the west it is / was against the law to drive a vehicle without a bumper.

With certain trucks the rear bumper is an option.

ok will take your word for it i guess, seem strange a million baht top of the line 4door colorado z71 4x4 the bumper would be an option though.

I can confirm this being an option.

Some makes also push it a freebie along the same idea as "free liner" or "1 year free insurance"

Strange but true.

ok will take your word for it i guess, seem strange a million baht top of the line 4door colorado z71 4x4 the bumper would be an option though.

Some makes also push it a freebie along the same idea as "free liner" or "1 year free insurance"

Strange but true.

well remind me to spend the few extra k for the ranger in my avatar with a bumper lol

After receiving the repair bill of my bumper after dropping the tailgate I decided not having a rear bumper is not such a bad idea.

Bumpers are cheap, anything between 1200 and 4000 baht, but being a notorious cheap charley.........

Strange but true.

well remind me to spend the few extra k for the ranger in my avatar with a bumper lol

When I bought my pick up the guy asked me, Do you want a ladder on the back ? I couldn't quite picture a ladder on the tail gate so I said no thanks. Went to pick it up a few days later and when I saw no bumper I asked what about the bumper ?

You tell me you no want.

A nice polite Wai and Kop Kung Krap from both of us and probably both thinking what a prat.

Can also confirm this being an option on some makes, also there are many after market bumpers, some look real nice.. as for how strong depends on what bumper you buy, some look like a steel RSJ, some colour coded, some chrome, some just 2 ends,some square some round, the double round bars in chrome look nice on some trucks

​Next door on his new 4 door top of the range Toyota Vigo Champ looks very wide and has a large sunken plate as a step, it is colour coded the sunken step is in ridged Alum... his old Toyota also top model he bought 3 years ago he ran for at least 2 months before buying and having fitted a bumper.

Edit: this was an error, he always bought the Ford pickup, and his last truck he change to Toyota he was shocked it had no bumper as standard.

Edited by ignis