Truevisions Cut Service Stealthily

ianh68

I subscribe to TrueVisions cable. It is not cheap. I like to listen to the radio channels during the day. Now I see a message on 20 of them "This service will be terminated on September 16". The doomed channels are all English language or instrumental. They include musical channels R&B, Blues, rock and roll, jazz and light classical, all of which I enjoy.

Are True planning any replacement? If not can we expect a refund?

Thank you ThaiDown for the helpful link. I note that the DMX business applications for the jazz channel are "lounges. restaurants and retirement homes." I'm gonna have to watch myself with this!

I just want background music for when I'm busy doing other things and don't use it that often so don't worry about loops too much.

My current radio isn't much cop so I would be interested in getting a "real" one if Paul888 could expand on what he means.

By real radio, I meant of course a real radio not an audio channel broadcast by a satellite TV provider who will no longer be offering that service.

You didn't say where you live so nobody can tell you what channels you should be able to pick up, but search in google for english language radio stations + your location and see what comes up and then try tuning your existing radio to it.

If no success, write down the frequencies of the stations you are interested and go to a shop that sells radios and say something like "give me a radio that can tune into these". (note it may help asking this in Thai)

If you can't be bothered to do that just go to the website of your favourite radio stations and listen online.

You could always ask your question to True visions of course.

Truevisions sucks! I dumped them over a year ago after having them for 5 years. Internet radio works great! I can listen to my favorite station from San Francisco for free... And bit torrents for TV is the way to go, unless you have to watch your sports live. Which you can do, just not very high quality video.

• 3 weeks later...

there have been many letters in the Bangkok Post concerning this. Today there is a letter from True saying they are reconsidering canceling the music stations. I will call them and complain. I hope others do as well. The music is good the the sounds quality excellent!

Hopefully True can be persuaded to change their mind. I'm particularly angry about the cancellation of the BBC World Service as it's ideal night-time background noise, and far more convenient being able to turn it on/off via the TV trhan having to get it online.

make sure to call and complain. They do listen and there seems to be lots of people pissed off on this.

Hopefully True can be persuaded to change their mind. I'm particularly angry about the cancellation of the BBC World Service as it's ideal night-time background noise, and far more convenient being able to turn it on/off via the TV trhan having to get it online.

make sure to call and complain. They do listen and there seems to be lots of people pissed off on this.

They do listen?

I thought it was already an achievement if you could get to the point that they answer the phone.

They do listen?

I thought it was already an achievement if you could get to the point that they answer the phone.

call 02 725 2525 before 10 pm and they answer in less than a minute. Ask for DMX music back

All radio channels are still available this morning (17th) although no DMX tag that I can see. Do not know if they have reconsidered or just late turning them off (Thai time).

I noticed that too. I wonder if they've had a change of mind? However, other notices on the radio channels (e.g. the BBC World Service) still seem to indicated that radio is being discontinued.

All radio channels are still available this morning (17th) although no DMX tag that I can see. Do not know if they have reconsidered or just late turning them off (Thai time).

I noticed that too. I wonder if they've had a change of mind? However, other notices on the radio channels (e.g. the BBC World Service) still seem to indicated that radio is being discontinued.

True Marketing guy wrote to Bangkok Post that they we aware and "listening" to the community. I think they don't want t stink and are leaning either way. Call them and complain!