Citibank Global Transfer From Singapore To Thailand

Hi Guys, I have a question for you guys who have a Citibank Singapore account and use it to transfer money to their Citibank Thailand account online by Citibank Global Transfers. I need to know whether transferring from Singapore, the bank forces you to convert it in Baht or you can send trasnfers in SGD or USD and have it converted in Baht by Citibank thailand here instead? Just asking it coz I am curious about a poor exchange rate of SGD/USD to THB forced by using the Global Transfer Service.

Thanks Naam. I guessed so but read somewhere that's not the case. Since the online Global Transfers are free, citi forces the currency exchange to make some money. But not really sure if that's the correct info. That's why asked here for first hand experience of people who are actually doing the transfers

caveat! Citi might have the right when using its proprietary "global transfers" (never heard that expression before). to be on the safe side talk to them and if they still insist on conversions instruct them to make a "SWIFT" transfer, cost ~SGD 25.- for any amount.

Thanks Naam. I guessed so but read somewhere that's not the case. Since the online Global Transfers are free, citi forces the currency exchange to make some money. But not really sure if that's the correct info. That's why asked here for first hand experience of people who are actually doing the transfers

You can transfer in what ever you currency you choose..., BTW last time I looked citi to citi transfer between Singapore and Thailand are not free, Thailand is excluded from that scheme, or it was the last time I looked at this, you will pay a SWIFT fee