Unsolicited Mail ... Gary Orman

Raindancer

I am a little weary of receiving mail from this guy. Ever since he advertised on CM Expat newsletter and I sent an enquiry for his ridiculous over priced structure for lessons, of which I was unaware at the time of enquiry; he continually sends me emails despite my request for him to delete me from his mailing lists. Any ideas, how I can rid myself of this nuisance.

Sorry cannot amend the title with Capital letters of his first name.

Many thanks

Edited by Raindancer

Make sure it is Gary Orman sending the spam and not Gorman as it has proven they are not one and the same- probably.

There should be a link at the bottom of the mails which confirms that if you click it the spam will cease-probably!

Make sure it is Gary Orman sending the spam and not Gorman as it has proven they are not one and the same- probably.

There should be a link at the bottom of the mails which confirms that if you click it the spam will cease-probably!

Thanks ....After I bounced his email...which was rejected by the "Postmaster" He suddenly replied stating that he would unsubscribe me. Amazing!!

Return an email and explain you are charging a process fee (1,000 baht?) for each email you receive. His acceptance of this arrangement is delivery of further emails. I believe you then have a legal contract between both parties where you charge him for each email you receive. You would then be able to sue him through civil law if he doesn't pay. Alternatively, employ a Thai debt collector. I have heard they have very high success rates.

• Like 2

Send an email with a few copies of War & peace attached.

Send loads of emails with War & Peace attached.

Hope he has a slow connection.

He has just sent me another email...apologising for contacting me ....and then (unbelievable) offering me a new course at 3100 baht. Just cannot believe the temerity of this guy. Seems he is hell bent on selling. But I have replied with copies to various agencies.. Might slow him down a wee bit. Aggressive is a polite term for his misguided sales techniques. He seems to think that we all lack a bit of what the good lord gave us to think things through. :-)

Edited by Raindancer

If this is the first SPAM email you've ever received, you are quite a lucky guy. If it's not, does all of your SPAM put you through the ringer like this. You seem a bit, shall I say, overly angry about this. I mean, it's just a delete button away. Or changing a few settings in your email client. It doesn't sound like it's about the emails, but more about Gary Orman and his technique of selling and pricing etc. Hmm.

• Like 1

If this is the first SPAM email you've ever received, you are quite a lucky guy. If it's not, does all of your SPAM put you through the ringer like this. You seem a bit, shall I say, overly angry about this. I mean, it's just a delete button away. Or changing a few settings in your email client. It doesn't sound like it's about the emails, but more about Gary Orman and his technique of selling and pricing etc. Hmm.

Hmm!

Do not develop this into something I never said. I never mentioned anger.. I just object to people intruding into my private life. Maybe you are from the other side of the pond where this intrusion is acceptable. Positive comments are accepted. Not negative posts such as yours.

Do not develop this into something I never said. I never mentioned anger.. I just object to people intruding into my private life. Maybe you are from the other side of the pond where this intrusion is acceptable. Positive comments are accepted. Not negative posts such as yours.

Oh, you're one of those who says things like "I never said that" or "you must be from over the pond." I get it. No, you didn't say you were angry, I just drew that as a conclusion. Your tone seems angry. Notice the word "seems?" Notice how I used it before as well? "Seems" means it seems like something but could in fact be something else. But now with this reply, I in fact do believe you are an angry man. And your posting about a silly email, or SPAM even, is the negative post here.

Even though I'm not in Chiang Mai at the moment I still got this bloody email.

I've replied to his email demanding to be taken off his mailing list, if he fails to remove me from his list there will be bloody hell to pay mak mak

Perhaps his program would benefit you by expanding your vocabulary? do you know what mak mak means?

From RLL

Dear Members, I think you are confusing me with someone else. But I am taking your complaint very seriously.

Yes, my course does seem to be expensive if you compare it with a conventional group class; but it is very successful and effective, despite taking a completely novel approach to learning Thai. Several newspapers have written articles about it (including the Bangkok Post, who sent in two bilingual reporters to assess my course). I have many customers who rave positively about the method I devised; and there have been only a few people who say it doesn't work for them.

I also don't send out emails very often. (I get 2 emails a day from a magazine called International Living!) I try to limit my emails to interested recipients to no more than about 6 per year. Sometimes, this will mean 2-3 in one month, but then nothing for about 4 months…

Please note that you yourself gave me your email address and granted me permission to send you emails. You told me that you signed up after seeing my video on Youtube.

You can chose to unsubscribe and there is a link in the email to do this.

I realise that you are very upset about receiving my email and I truly apologise for that. I genuinely believed that you wanted to continue receiving information from me about my courses after having signed up to my website. That's what the unsubscribe link is for, after all – for people who change their minds after deciding they don't want to be a member of my site anymore. smile.png

I truly hope that you are mixing me up with someone else and that this is all just an unfortunate mistake.

As I mentioned before, you have already been unsubscribed from my list and you will not receive any further emails from my site, and hopefully I won't ever have to write to you or contact you or even meet you again.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Orman