Airline Passengers Flying Into Thailand To Get Fake-Goods Warning

webfact

What if you bought these goods in Thailand (pretty good chance!), fly to Farang-land, and return in the same (washed!) clothes and with the same belongings (PC, phone and what not). I guess you will have to keep receipts for everything whistling.gif

Impossible to verify and enforce! It will never work, as nobody will pass Customs anymore cheesy.gif

Wouldn't a warning against buying counterfeits in Thailand, and then taking them home to Farangland, be more relevant ? rolleyes.gif

Either way it's the stupidest policy ever enabled or the journalist completely misunderstood the entire story.

Take your pick.

I particularly liked, that the announcement will be made when the plane is inbound to Thailand, and it's already too late to leave at home, one's French/Italian/British knock-offs of famous Thai products ! laugh.png

So when coming into LOL (land of laughs) don't forget to bring your fake reciepts with you.

jb1

Surely he meant get caught taking fake goods out why the hell would anyone want to bring fake goods in ? only in Thailand

I live in Thailand and I have only fake goods, so when I go out and come back in, it will be the same fake goods. cheesy.gif

How many fake items have you or your friends bought and used in your life. If the answer is none, then you are a very honest person.

What does using fake goods have to do with being an honest person?

I remember a time when the thought of someone smuggling drugs into the Kingdom would have been laughable too.

Like counterfeit goods, They only ever went out, that is, once upon a time.

Perhaps China has alot to do with it.

I know a bloke (farang) who was smuggling fake Golf Club sets into thailand, (Calloways actually), to sell to farang tourists, until his Brit supplier in HK got busted.

it is not as silly as it sounds.

Edited by cpofc

You don't get it people.

It means if you are living in Thailand and go oversea with the fake Thaistuff

they will get you when you come back with exactly that what you bought in Thailand

I think we do get it mate... that's why all the jokes...

• Like 1

I love Thai politics. It's the funniest show in town.

It doesn't even need over dubbing with boiiing noises and drum rolls.

Yup, but we could always use some deaf-mutes or midgets to peddle those counterfeits on Sukhumvit. :(

This policy is entirely consistent with Thailand's 51% ownership laws. Clearly if a fake is brought into Thailand then they cannot benefit from it. Come on people; you know how important it is that only Thai citizens benefit from "genuine reproductions"

The Real Story

Having an argument with a stallholder in Pantip 2 days ago about a laptop that had problems I was offered aThai made IPhone 4 with Thai software normal price 2500Bht as compen I said no so was offered the same but with android software normal price( so he said) 4500.

I said maybe you just sort the laptop and I wont go to police about Apple copies answer was no problem we all contribute to the bossman.