Airline Passengers Flying Into Thailand To Get Fake-Goods Warning

webfact

If they can do this, then why don't they give a a warning about the Jet Ski's

I think if you try and bring a copy jet ski in, they will nab you for sure.

May not be mentioned in the warning, but I would think it would be included. Difficult to get rid of as well if the warning is only given out on the flight and the jet ski is part of your carry-on baggage.........thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Wouldn't a warning against buying counterfeits in Thailand, and then taking them home to Farangland, be more relevant ? rolleyes.gif

Either way it's the stupidest policy ever enabled or the journalist completely misunderstood the entire story.

Take your pick.

I particularly liked, that the announcement will be made when the plane is inbound to Thailand, and it's already too late to leave at home, one's French/Italian/British knock-offs of famous Thai products ! laugh.png

There will be an "amnesty" box at the door to drop off your fake goods. Once it's full everything will be taken to lower Sukhumvit where you can buy it back!

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

• Like 1

<deleted>! Is it April 1 already?

Really, warning about BUYING fake goods (not to mention all the myriad scams the kingdom is known for) would make much more sense. Do they really think that people flying in on commercial aircraft are hefting suitcases full of counterfit products to sell in Thailand?

So they will be arresting Thais returning home with their fake handbags bought in Thailand?

Sounds like this is for show. The fake goods are imported from China in massive quantity with the connivance of corrupt politicians, police customs officers etc. They are unwilling to jail any of these big shots and the business will carry on.

Wouldn't a warning against buying counterfeits in Thailand, and then taking them home to Farangland, be more relevant ? rolleyes.gif

Either way it's the stupidest policy ever enabled or the journalist completely misunderstood the entire story.

Take your pick.

I particularly liked, that the announcement will be made when the plane is inbound to Thailand, and it's already too late to leave at home, one's French/Italian/British knock-offs of famous Thai products ! laugh.png

hmm... you forgot the Belgian products..

Instead of running a crack down at all the known locations in Thailand, they prefer to prey on the incoming tourists ?

I guess this must be a joke or a hoax or a proof of lack of common sense and intelligence, but for sure it's hilarious.

Probably I could be mistaken but maybe, just maybe, the Thai mafia government is trying to protect the local economy.

Edited by stefb1964

So what will happen on your last day of your stay, you went shopping in Panthip and MBK then fly home to BKK. For some technical reason the plane can't take off, luggage is offloaded and the airline offers you a night stay in Bangkok. You get through immigration and get caughtat customes with a lot of fake goods... purchased in Thailand.

Now what?

• Like 1

A lot of the counterfeit goods on sale here are actually from China, not Thailand, and transported in by plane. This isn't about people flying from Europe or the US. So laugh it up but it is actually useful if it ends up being enforced and they start confiscating goods

Which plod will sell onto the highest bidder to appear down Sukhumvit later in the day where they can then confiscate it on exit and repeat...................excellent idea

LOL... Its like restaurants charging massive corkage when u bring your own wine.. Don't u dare bring counterfeit goods into our country, you can only take them out!

Next they'll be saying if you have a wife from cambodia or burma leave her at customs and go find a nice thai lady.

Copyright laws in thailand, no fake stuff? I think a lotta people will have nothing left to do dat way. Believe me if that happens a lot of people have no work to do. THE COUNTRY IS FAMOUS IN THE WORLD FOR FAKE STUFF MAN. just sayin'