Don Mueang......will You Use It!

theblether

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a no-brainer.......

If the place I want to fly to only use DM, I will use it. If there is a choice, I will use the airport easiest to get to based on where I am at the time. But that's kinda stating the obvious?

I won’t have a choice unless I want to drive ten hours to Bangkok.

That's a fair point, you're restricted as to the carriers that service Chiang Rai, and I understand a lot of other people will have the same problem.

I don’t see it as a problem, however.wink.png

I won’t have a choice unless I want to drive ten hours to Bangkok.

That's a fair point, you're restricted as to the carriers that service Chiang Rai, and I understand a lot of other people will have the same problem.

I don’t see it as a problem, however.wink.png

It will be if DM floods and you can't use it coffee1.giftongue.png

Trust you to be the first poster on a new forum clap2.gif

I have to fly into Bangkok monthly from here. I have a few options open to me and usually use AirAsia from Udon. Now they're changing to DM I'm cosidering using Thai or Lao Airlines. Both are considerably more expensive but using DM regularly is not convenient for me.

• Like 1

it's a no-brainer.......

If the place I want to fly to only use DM, I will use it. If there is a choice, I will use the airport easiest to get to based on where I am at the time. But that's kinda stating the obvious?

+1

David

There are many variables that will effect my decision.

Am I transiting to another port domestic or oversees.

Am I travelling alone or with the family.

I will fly to whichever airport that will suit my circumstances.

I have a choice of Thai or Air Asia

We like to use it. Our favorite for the domestic flights.

Check-in and -out is faster than in the swamp airport: Less than 1,5 km (or more?) walking to or from the gates unlike in swampy. After landing the plane doesn't need 10-15 min. to the gates. Not overcrowded.

The swamp airport has a chilly, clinical atmosphere.

Being not in a hurry, we don't mind to stay one night in BKK for a long distance flight.

From Pattaya area it will be a night mare compared to BKK. From Bangkok, have to get a cap, fight through the traffic.

No Train.

Total Sh1t fight.

THAI is a rip off many times, Looks like Cx and SQ are looking good thumbsup.gif

Strangely enough I will Use DM Oct 01 2012 flying into from Udon Thani with Nok Air, at least they know the place whistling.gif unlike the others...

Why?

I have a flight out of Swampy at 03.00 next day, taking late Nok Air, plenty of time to hop to Swampy, will use free Benz limo included in business class price with Etihad and only paid 1088 promotion with Nok.

But this is only a one time, I will normally stick to Thai in/out of Swampy to Udon, the hassle to connect to DM is not worth it.

As far as Air Asia is concerned I used to fly them 10x year, I have one return booked left two weeks from now, Udon-Phuket.

I don't have any further plans to fly AA nor Nok for the next 18 months, much has to do with Don Meuang indeed bah.gif

Used Don Muang (where does the extra "e" come from?) a couple of times over the last few years when flying Nok, will probably be forced to use it more now with Air Asia there. Suvarnabhumi much more convenient though, but the cost savings of Air Asia trump the shorter journey times.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

The choice is really dictated by carrier, and I doubt more than handful of people (weekly commuters, those who live nearby) will choose by airport. Rather they will choose on route, price, schedule, carrier.

Many of the destinations ex-DMK are only served from DMK, and limited to daylight operation, so choices/options somewhat limited.

If you are flying Air Asia (FD, on/after 1 Oct. 2012), Nok Air (DD) or Thai Orient (OX), then you will obviously have to use DMK.

Used Don Muang (where does the extra "e" come from?) a couple of times over the last few years when flying Nok, will probably be forced to use it more now with Air Asia there. Suvarnabhumi much more convenient though, but the cost savings of Air Asia trump the shorter journey times.

There was an official name change from Don Muang to Don Mueang a few years ago.

The extra "e" was added a while back. Although the airlines probably still use the original Don Muang spelling, which is how we all remember it.

Will use when traveling around Thailand, but otherwise Swampy for me.

The choice is really dictated by carrier, and I doubt more than handful of people (weekly commuters, those who live nearby) will choose by airport. Rather they will choose on route, price, schedule, carrier.

Many of the destinations ex-DMK are only served from DMK, and limited to daylight operation, so choices/options somewhat limited.

If you are flying Air Asia (FD, on/after 1 Oct. 2012), Nok Air (DD) or Thai Orient (OX), then you will obviously have to use DMK.

I thought OX are staying at Suvarnabhumi? Or have they moved now? Not that I'd ever use them anyway...

• 2 weeks later...