Documet Translation

properperson

can anyone recommend a translation company in pattaya that can translate from English to Thai (at a reasonable price) and stamp the document so it will be accepted by the Amphur office (attempting to sort out my will without using a lawyer).

And lastly, can anyone give me directions to the Amphur office - i understand that its in North Pattaya....

thanks in advance....

Moved from Visa forum to Pattaya Forum, where you are more likely to get the desired information.

There is a very good shop I used near big c xtra, on klang. Turn off at Klang at big c, but instead of turning left into the car park carry on a short while and there is a little row of shops and you will see a translation shop there. I can't be more specific than that, can't remember the name and don't have a phone number but it's easy to find. My doc which was a birth cert cost around 700 baht and took 3 days I think.

Tyy the office next to the British Consul in Jomtien. I have had documents translated and typed up while I waited - and i don't have a lot of patience. The translations were accepted by UK Government departments, Pension Funds and UK banks. The Department of Work and Pensions based in Newcastle upon Tyne employ their own translators so you can send Thai certification without translation. Strange that, as whenever I went to Newcastle I needed an interpreter to understand a Geordie. biggrin.png

Banglamung Amphur is on Sukhumvit in a large compound that also houses the Police HQ and is on the left hand side going north after leaving Naklua behind.

An excellent translation service is situated next door to the British Consul on Soi 5 in Jomtien. You should park on Sai 2 as Soi 5 has been dug up to lay new drainage and at the current rate of progress won't be completed this year. The Thai documentation that I took there was accepted by two separate UK Government departments, 3 banks and 2 Pension Funds. On a couple of occasions they translated and typed up while I waited - and patience is not one of my virtues. On all others i could collect their efforts the following day. The office is staffed by nice looking ladies too, so if you're on the qui vivre ................................

The UK Department of Work and Pensions employ their own translators so they will accept anything in Thai. Since DWP is situated in Newcastle upon Tyne I find this rather strange because on my visits to that fine city (the night life is something else!) I found the need to obtain the services of a translator since I couldn't understand a word that the Geordies said. biggrin.png