Ipv6

matt111

Im attempting to use ipv6 via he.net's free tunnel broker via their Singapore server, but I suspect my cheap ass router isnt passing Protocol41 as the doc suggest is required.

Anyone had success using ipv6 behind a Huweai 856 adsl router (the free wireless one 3BB give out on their standard ADSL)?

Are any providers handing directly handing out ipv6 addresses if requested with dhcp6? What routers support this/recommended?

• 2 months later...

I am using 3bb as my ISP and a Zoom 5715 adsl bridged modem (bought with me from USA) which is connected to pfsense v2.1Beta (www dot pfsense dot org) router/firewall. Been using for over one year, and no problems with IPv6. Note that currently 3bb does not provide IPv6 to resdential customers.

Do not believe there is any "cheap" adsl router that has support for IPv6 within the firmware, (could be wrong) have not done any research. But googling "IPv6 adsl router" has many links.

Also you could buy another router (Ethernet router) and flash it with dd-wrt or tomato and put the 3bb adsl router into bridge mode. Research which model of the Ethernet router can be flash with the 3rd party firmware prior to purchasing. There is alot of "how to"s and tutorials on the web.

Do not know if there is any ISPs in Thailand that do provide IPv6 to the residental customer. Guessing they do for business customers if requested.

Ken