Claim That Apple Computer Has Deceived Its Customers

midas

I just can't wait to buy the next iMac2012, ( hopefully within a month) sorry. My existing one is 5 years old, still going strong but not up to coping with modern NLE editing programmes. I just love how Macs 'just work' You boycott them if you like,

Mac is the easiest thing to use if you do not have good computer skills or you do graphic design or video editing but over all it is not a good product but it sure is pretty, not quite sure how a mouse with only one button works though seems like you're missing out on a lot of options with that flaw alone.

You could always just run Linux on your old Mac, in fact Mac OS X is Linux copied poorly by Apple. I would never personally own any product from Apple simply based on the human suffering they have caused and continue to cause not to mention they lie about everything including what they did not invent like rounded corners and flat, soon they are going to try to patent the "square" and say they invented it.

It's a bit like driving a car, no need to be a mechanic and fix it regularly, just drive it. I have some computer skills, have to, my wife uses a PC and I have to 'maintain' it. I use a variety of mouses? (sic mice,?) two button, trackpad, a special one for editing. No need to run linux,don't want to, Mac OSX is fine for me and Adobe Premiere runs on it ( not fast I've only got a core duo, waiting for the new iMac). I suspect you are just a little biased.

Mac OS X is a cloned Linux kernel that is why it does not crash, although most of the tech that went into the kernel used in Mach Kernel was scraped and considered a failure, the kernel was developed at Carnegie Mellon University with grant money.

I'm not biased at all I even mentioned if you do movie editing or graphic design Mac is the way to go it's the best for doing those things, I just would not buy one strictly based on the human rights violations Apple engages in as well as frivolous lawsuits they bring against the competition because they want attention. You have to admit Apple did not invent the shape of a telephone, nor did they invent "flat" or "rounded corners" well, unless you're a fanboy or an Apple Evangelist, very sad.

To all you Apple haters, go ahead and boycott all you want. My AAPL stock has gone from 138 to 663 in the last five years, and I hardly think your childish boycott will make a difference.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

did you buy your stock with US dollars?

Edited by hml367

I just can't wait to buy the next iMac2012, ( hopefully within a month) sorry. My existing one is 5 years old, still going strong but not up to coping with modern NLE editing programmes. I just love how Macs 'just work' You boycott them if you like,
Mac is the easiest thing to use if you do not have good computer skills or you do graphic design or video editing but over all it is not a good product but it sure is pretty, not quite sure how a mouse with only one button works though seems like you're missing out on a lot of options with that flaw alone. You could always just run Linux on your old Mac, in fact Mac OS X is Linux copied poorly by Apple. I would never personally own any product from Apple simply based on the human suffering they have caused and continue to cause not to mention they lie about everything including what they did not invent like rounded corners and flat, soon they are going to try to patent the "square" and say they invented it.
It's a bit like driving a car, no need to be a mechanic and fix it regularly, just drive it. I have some computer skills, have to, my wife uses a PC and I have to 'maintain' it. I use a variety of mouses? (sic mice,?) two button, trackpad, a special one for editing. No need to run linux,don't want to, Mac OSX is fine for me and Adobe Premiere runs on it ( not fast I've only got a core duo, waiting for the new iMac). I suspect you are just a little biased.
Mac OS X is a cloned Linux kernel that is why it does not crash, although most of the tech that went into the kernel used in Mach Kernel was scraped and considered a failure, the kernel was developed at Carnegie Mellon University with grant money. I'm not biased at all I even mentioned if you do movie editing or graphic design Mac is the way to go it's the best for doing those things, I just would not buy one strictly based on the human rights violations Apple engages in as well as frivolous lawsuits they bring against the competition because they want attention. You have to admit Apple did not invent the shape of a telephone, nor did they invent "flat" or "rounded corners" well, unless you're a fanboy or an Apple Evangelist, very sad.

Telephones?corners? What are you on about? I've got an iMac, 5 years old, going well but too slow for modern editing. Reliable, brilliant image. I just want a new one. Brilliant product. Don't care who invented the OS, 'it just works' As I said, like a car I just drive it, don't spend my time under the bonnet ( ? hood?) trying to fix it.

I'm not going on about anything, I suggest reading the news. Judge Lucy Koh even Suggested Apple was "smoking crack" in the Samsung case and said Apples lawyer was wasting the courts time. I don't think about Mac or Apple, never did I always thought it was a bad option for me from the start (back to the very beginning of it all) and I am saying it is a bad choice for ME it is an opinion not bashing or hating, I am a Linux user and would like to think I am above the petty arguments of Coke being better than Pepsi and I will not engage in a debate with people that do not program or use source code it's like debating biology with a creationist. The case against Samsung was by the way thrown out of the courts in Japan as a wast of time and pure silliness. I personally do not think Apple ever had an original idea other than the fanboys to bully non-Apple users kind of reminds me of a religion recently outlawed in Germany that bullies people.

As for telephones and corners Apple says Samsung copied the design of the iphone and put round corners on it just like the iphone they also say Samsung copied the ipad which in my opinion is one of the most worthless pieces of hardware ever not even a USB port or SD slot to load and store data but if they do add a USB port or SD slot to future models I hope Acer and Samsung sue them (just kidding that would be stupid).

• Like 1

Like their products, hate their prices.

Buying new is like buying a new car and the depreciation you'll experience there. If you want the added security of Applecare and associated warranties, then by all means. I'm a cheap b_stard so I'm a proponent of buying used.

Since Macs are 5-15% higher here in Thailand than in the US, we bought our used machines there before moving here. I found my wife a 13" MBP for $700 and I got a dual quad core Mac Pro for $1200 w/an LCD monitor included. Sold my G5 for $200, and got exactly what we paid for my wife's G4 Powerbook when we sold it; $200. Man I wish Craigslist here was as good here as in Chicago!

Apple prices ARE on the moon and I've only bought new ones twice. Once in '98 (a clone) and another in '01. Since then I've not been able to justify the price of admission, but I prefer the OS, so I get previously owned machines. If I can afford the package, I'll get an iphone, but it will be used. Phones that cost the same as a Mac Mini is ridiculous.

To linux user

"and I will not engage in a debate with people that do not program or use source code it's like debating biology with a creationist." A liittle arrogant don't you think?. So you would not discuss whether one car was better than another if the person talking did not understand the details of the engineering and just discussed the reliablity and ease of use?

No debate ,not interested in who makes what, who sues whom, who invented corners. Just want a computer that works well.

PS I used to work for Coke- it really is better then Pepsi, take my word for it!

Emanphoto

Prices here in Thailand seems to be cheaper than the UK, especially if you can get the education discount. But yes, they are expensive.

It also appears that Apple stoe the name iPhone from Linksys (Cisco)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_iPhone

and then again there is the IOS operating system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisco_IOS

Whatever side you take, it is obvious that the patent system is broken (at least in the US) and it is doing nobody apart from the lawyers any good

This is also why it will probably never be fixed. The only people who can fix it is the legal profession, and they are making too much money out of it to want to try.

Prices here in Thailand seems to be cheaper than the UK, especially if you can get the education discount. But yes, they are expensive.

Wow.. then in the UK they must be really getting screwed. Prices in Thailand on tech is much much more expensive than in the US. If the UK is more expensive than Thailand then I truly feel for you brits.

Any reasoning why the prices are so high in the UK? I know in Thailand the reason is duty on imports.

Wow.. then in the UK they must be really getting screwed. Prices in Thailand on tech is much much more expensive than in the US. If the UK is more expensive than Thailand then I truly feel for you brits.

Any reasoning why the prices are so high in the UK? I know in Thailand the reason is duty on imports.

It always seems to be the same on electronic gear, cameras etc. VAT is 20% but it seems, they just can.

To all you Apple haters, go ahead and boycott all you want. My AAPL stock has gone from 138 to 663 in the last five years, and I hardly think your childish boycott will make a difference.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

did you buy your stock with US dollars?

Yes, but what difference does it make?