• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Building Permits? Inspection?

toenail

I'm confused. I just read where two "resorts" must be torned down on Koh Samit because it is a national park -- Duh, I even know that. How can huge structures like this be built without anyone noticing it before hand. If "tea money" is the answer, then it certainly doesn't give protection for eternity. I was walking past Markland and noticed the empty front annex is being torn down because it never passed safety inspection...next, an 5 story apartment complex was torn down along Wongamat beach a couple years ago because no one could ever move in it when it was built ????15 years ago because the structure was built too close to the sea; meanwhile other huge apartment complexes have been built as close to the water. So, don't isn't there a building permit that one has to get before building....or isn't there some government official that would question anything being built and check to see if that the building has passed inspection before opening up? Seems like things are really screwed up with the procedure. You don't build something, then wait for an "inspector" to ok it after it is built.

I know Thailand is different but in the United States, you have to submit plans for approval, build the structure as close as possible to the plans and get it approved for occupancy. There are a lot of people that you would have to pay tea money to in order to get shoddy construction approved. If that's not enough, you also have to worry about lawyers, unions and competitors that will try to find something wrong with your project.

Shawn

I know Thailand is different but in the United States, you have to submit plans for approval, build the structure as close as possible to the plans and get it approved for occupancy. There are a lot of people that you would have to pay tea money to in order to get shoddy construction approved. If that's not enough, you also have to worry about lawyers, unions and competitors that will try to find something wrong with your project.

Shawn

Youre not in the states, but it's the same as in the UK where inspectors visit the build as various points to sign of safety etc.

TIT

"Seems like things are really screwed up with the procedure. You don't build something, then wait for an "inspector" to ok it after it is built.

:- OBVIOUSLY SOME PEOPLE DO!

How would an inspector give it the OK before it's built?

TIT

Uhmm, ever heard about a building permit?

Yep, I've heard of a building permit, but it seems that the OP is saying that these places arfe being built without? Not sure, so, in my view they are in line to be knocked down.

If on the other hand they have a building permit and are then condemned then that's another storey.

One question I have, if you were to build a house, for example, can you get the blue/yellow book if you have no building permit?

Yep, I've heard of a building permit, but it seems that the OP is saying that these places arfe being built without? Not sure, so, in my view they are in line to be knocked down.

If on the other hand they have a building permit and are then condemned then that's another storey.

One question I have, if you were to build a house, for example, can you get the blue/yellow book if you have no building permit?

No, you must have a building permit for the Amphur or Tesaban to issue a Blue book to a Thai or a Yellow book to a Farang once the house is completed, but unlike in the west there is no inspection of the completed house for the issuance of these documents

OP, yes there is an EIR for projects for specific size which are then approved by the City before a construction permit is granted and the project can be registered at the Land Office. If the process is not followed then no Chanotes (titles) will be issued. I wouldn't talk about National Parks, Kok Samit and Pattaya in the same breath; they have their differences.

OP, yes there is an EIR for projects for specific size which are then approved by the City before a construction permit is granted and the project can be registered at the Land Office. If the process is not followed then no Chanotes (titles) will be issued. I wouldn't talk about National Parks, Kok Samit and Pattaya in the same breath; they have their differences.

I think you mean EIA which is required for certain constructions in order to be issued a building permit. Aways a good question to ask condo developers, if they say they have a building permit but are awating EIA, stay away as they are lying through their teeth.

I think you mean EIA which is required for certain constructions in order to be issued a building permit. Aways a good question to ask condo developers, if they say they have a building permit but are awating EIA, stay away as they are lying through their teeth.

Yes, you are right in Thailand they are called an EIA (for Environmental Impact Assessment) in USA they are often called an Environmental Impact Report (EIR).