Gem Restaurant - Lovers Of Good Seafood

LawrenceChee

1000 baht for a party of 4 doable without alcohol is doable for sure

Recommend the following :

Shrimps in garlic and pepper 300

Fried calamari 300

Hung Sen Noodles in Claypot 300 (big pot)

Thais were all ordering the fish in sour spicy soup ( not my kind) - 400

Water and rice

Enjoy !

Just got back from Phuket; balled off with you lot unable to decide where the bloody place was; then you didnt even know what it was called. Anyway in the time of this thread, had a wonderful seafood dish, at the "seafood restaurant" in Rawaii.

Dead easy to find;...airport chiang mai- Phuket; taxi to Rawaii.

and including the flight, seems it was still cheaper than "bingo mahseer"......

.....this thread got to be the biggest anti climax of the food year to date?

• Like 1

All the above posts are the reason my wife and I don't go to as many restaurants as we would like to. Frigging directions are almot impossible to follow and the restauant names half the time are incorrect.

Part of the fun is exploring and finding new places.

"All the above posts are the reason my wife and I don't go to as many restaurants as we would like to. Frigging directions are almot impossible to follow and the restauant names half the time are incorrect. "

Yes it's take over a page to get the correct location.

Over a year since I last dined there.

Quality meal, difficult to find. Rather dingy down by the river, might put off anyone of delicate nature, but well cooked food at what I considered reasonable price for Good Seafood.

john

Looks like everyone who found this place agreed on 2 things:

No complains on the food and how delicious it is & it's not that easy to find ;-p

Anyone with a sense of adventure can follow the instructions and find it as a few who pm me...

Anyone who is not willing to travel or look and like food delivery service will never find this place hahahhahha which is great for the foodies as this place is always packed !

Have a happy day ..enjoy ;-)

anyone else tried the restaurant? honestly i felt alittle reluctant after seeing the pictures of the calamari. sorry lawrence, i agree with your dimsum recommendation but i had some doubts on this lol

im a seafood sucker but i had been to just few seafood places, the one near the airport is decent and pretty dam_n cheap imo

anyone else tried the restaurant? honestly i felt alittle reluctant after seeing the pictures of the calamari. sorry lawrence, i agree with your dimsum recommendation but i had some doubts on this lol

im a seafood sucker but i had been to just few seafood places, the one near the airport is decent and pretty dam_n cheap imo

I searched for this restaurant for ages. First on the recommendation of Citylife and then on the recommendation of this site. It took me months, maybe a year or so to find but I was determined to find this great, the best Thai seafood restaurant in Chiang Mai. Finally I found it and went there with my family and my brother and his family that was visiting. I am very critical of restaurants as those who know me can attest. The food was absolutely horrible. Small shrimp that were suppose to be prawn brought up fresh from whatever seaside were actually small shrimp from the freezer case at Makro. Crab fried rice was something you would get at some crappy restaurant. Every thing was low quality. Nothing came from a direct importer. It was crap.Under the star fruit tree restaurant is crap? They don't care because they have a bunch of idiots eating there. 1 star and why bother?