Please Help: Any From From Aranyaprathet To Pattaya?

labik

Years ago I took a bus FROM Pattaya to Aranyaprathet border market. Now, I want to arrive at Poipet, walk across border into Thailand, and then find a good full size bus (please, no minivans) that goes into Pattaya at the regular price (i.e. 200 baht). Would prefer early or mid afternoon departure, might be able to do late morning, but don't want a late evening arrival into Pattaya.

Last time I was in Aran, I briefly asked around but everyone didn't know of a Pattaya bus. Any help? Thanks.

Now I'm confused. You want to "arrive" in Poipet.............from where?

The reason I ask is because you say you want to walk across the boarder into Thailand so I am assuming you are coming FROM Cambodia, want to cross into Thailand then get the bus to Pattaya right?

If that is the case then I think it would be easy to get back to Pattaya via bus as many visa run companies go FROM Pattaya to poi pet and back. Thing is even they use the mini vans which I understand why you don't like them.......death rides.

Yes, thanks. Currently in Cambodia, so I'll walk through border into Rongklua market. I can take a songtaew up to Aran market. But last time I checked no one knew of any full size buses going to Pattaya -- it was all Bangkok, Chachoengsao, places like that. But I figure there should be, with Pattaya being popular.

• 3 months later...

Better late than never with this transport information......

Psych01 in his post 2012-09-03 mentions "a yellow bus from Pattaya to Poi-Pet". I am sure that this is the Roong Reuang Coach "Yellow Bus" and in particular the "Route 815 Mukdahan-Rayong"

This 815-route has important pick-up/drop-off points that include: Rayong, Bannchang, Sattahip, Pattaya, Siracha, Chonburi, Sakaew, Aranyaprathet, Norndindaeng, Nangrong, Buriram, Satuk, Prakornchai, Prasart, Surin, Payakapoompisai, Wapeepatum, Suwannapoom, Tatoom, Yasothon, Umnatcharoen, Roiet, Ponethong, Kushinarai, Loengnokta, and Mukdahan.

The "Yellow Bus" timetable/prices can be found at - http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/roots.html

The main option however would be to take a tuk-tuk, after crossing border, to the main bus station in Aranyaprathet and then take a "government bus" towards your onward destination - http://wikitravel.org/en/Aranyaprathet

From the main bus staion in town, there are reliable and inexpensive government bus services to many destinations, including Bangkok (frequent), Buriram (frequent), Chachoengsao (frequent) ((-this is where one would change bus for Pattaya if necessary)), Chanthaburi (frequent), Mukdahan, Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat) (frequent), Pattaya, Rayong, Surin, and Udon Thani. For Trat, go via Chanthaburi.

A third option for travel help would be via - http://www.aranyaprathethotel.com/

Market Hotel

105/30-32 Raduthit Road (Aran Market)

Aranyaprathet, Sakeo Province 27120 Thailand

Telephone (037) 232302 / 231005 / 233088

- they have a travel office which can arrange travel including from Bangkok or Pattaya to Aranyaprathet and through to Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh and other destination in Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos or China.

It would be useful if the OP, "labik" could let us know what transport he eventually chose, thanks.

• Like 1