Loving Chiang Mai

underthemoon

I have been in Chiang Mai 3 days now after just spending my first 2 months living in Thailand in Bangkok.

Wow what a difference, I love the feel of the place, the people seem friendlier and the place just has a generally better vibe about it.

Im looking forward to spending the next 6 months exploring the north of Thailand using Chiang Mai as a base.

Sorry if you old timers have heard all this before, just wanted to say how impressed I am with the place.

Regards

UTM

• Like 1

I've been visiting Chiang Mai regularly for more than a decade and I look forward to having stashed enough away to retire there. Then again I will be a seedy single old man for a while, so apologies in advance, Apparently if you are over 50 and single the tar and feathers are already waiting in some circles.

I've been visiting Chiang Mai regularly for more than a decade and I look forward to having stashed enough away to retire there. Then again I will be a seedy single old man for a while, so apologies in advance, Apparently if you are over 50 and single the tar and feathers are already waiting in some circles.

True but we don't run you out of town on a rail here.giggle.gif

Good choice for a base camp. As we creep closer to the winter months, exploration and road trips are a must. Get settled in over the next month or two and then branch out. There is a lot of beautiful country up here in the North.smile.png

Ditto on that !