• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe i'll wait a year for them to knock 20% off of the Z800 biggrin.png

In a year there may be something better too wink.png

You're right, I'm sure bigger and better things will follow.

I might just save and wait for something special, not that the Z800 at 375k isn't....... I just want to buy a bike i yearn for, not one that's simply just available. :)

• Like 2

Maybe i'll wait a year for them to knock 20% off of the Z800 biggrin.png

Is 20% the amount they discounted the ninja after the first year?

I wasn't aware of any such discount.

The price went up when the 2012 model was introduced, other than the tax increase on all big bikes that's the only change in price for the current 650 range so far

Edited by karlos

Yeah I do not really think prices are going down with the exception

of those that maybe were priced too high initially.

Then they may have a sale if sales are below what they projected.

Kind of like KTM did pretty quick with the Duke 200

started at 249k then dropped to 199k which is where it still is I think?

Still too high too IMO for what it is.

If they priced it same or a little less than the N250 I think they would

sell a few more. I know it interests me & the 390 will interest me even more

if the price is right. Although singles are not my fav config theirs are interesting.

Aside from all of that I think we will continue to see fairly high prices as

money itself is constantly losings its buying power :(

You know i saw one of the 200 ktms at the light yesterday and i must say it looked cheap especially compared to the n250 0r n300.

I am gonna rent a 300 as its peaked my interest..

That was my initial impression too

But then I went to a dealer & sat on one & looked closely at the

components,suspension etc.

It is a very nice bike I think. I wish one was for rent as I would really like to

flog one in the hills.

PS: I think you will probably like the 300

But coming off the 1000 of course it may feel a little anemic

If ridden on highways etc. But hit the twisties &

keep it in the 10k rpm area & it if like the 250 is quite fun.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Well the wait is over for some in Pattaya. On my regular trip, with slowdown at Kawasaki, along Sukhumvit Rd I finally got to see a Z800 in the showroom so I stopped and went in. Walking past a non-descript all black bike, in through the doors and my eyes were on the gold and black beauty polished to perfection....except for the occasional glance to the even more beautiful 1400 behind it.

So I say to the salesman (order taker) "Can I have a ride on your demo bike? "

To which he replies "It will be 2 months"

And my reply was "That's a long wait just to test one"

To which he replied "that how long the waiting list is to buy"

I said "Are you telling me there is no bike for me to test ride?"

To which he replied "Yes"

<deleted>!!! They expect me to shell out that much money without riding it!

PS: When walking back outside it was then I discovered the all black machine was in fact a Z800! OMG! The all black one is horrible!

Edited by BSJ

^

easily goes to 230 kph but after that last 20 kph is getting slower.

i love the instrument cluster of z800. big numbers and a nice light with three separate sections.

After the full digital cluster of cbr500r, i started to favor full digital s it is easier to read the information from full digital just with a short glance, it was harder with analog clusters.

Well the wait is over for some in Pattaya. On my regular trip, with slowdown at Kawasaki, along Sukhumvit Rd I finally got to see a Z800 in the showroom so I stopped and went in. Walking past a non-descript all black bike, in through the doors and my eyes were on the gold and black beauty polished to perfection....except for the occasional glance to the even more beautiful 1400 behind it.

So I say to the salesman (order taker) "Can I have a ride on your demo bike? "

To which he replies "It will be 2 months"

And my reply was "That's a long wait just to test one"

To which he replied "that how long the waiting list is to buy"

I said "Are you telling me there is no bike for me to test ride?"

To which he replied "Yes"

<deleted>!!! They expect me to shell out that much money without riding it!

PS: When walking back outside it was then I discovered the all black machine was in fact a Z800! OMG! The all black one is horrible!

You know that is the common excuse Kawasaki uses on all newer bikes in the shop . It was 3 months to get to ride the 2013 Kawi 650 ER6n.

You think the dweebs in management would insist on the showroom model +1 bike to test on all the bikes that come in. I mean jeez if theywould pull that crap in the states I would jut have to stroll 40 miles to the next Kawasaki shop that gives a shit. That & the factory is in Rayong just a couple hours or less from here or faster if you are going faster than traffic & who isn't going that way on a bike. It is pretty lame to say the least.It was a deal breaker for me I went down to Pattaya with 275,000 baht & my residency certificate for a black ER6n & another 20,000 grease money to get the bike within the week & they couldn't do it. Maybe BKK. I lucked out & got a hardly used 2011 ER6n for 175000 baht with only 756 kilos on the clock.And it was from a lady who bought the bike for her hubby that has 3 bulging discs on his neck & 2 surgeries(not bike related) And it gave him great pain when accelerating Go figure. Their loss for not being more accommodating. I will never get used to the way they do business here!

Edited by Beardog
  • Like 1

I will never get used to the way they do business here!

Agree Beardog it is hard to understand after coming from a country that has

test rides.

Actually when I bought my N250 I too was not allowed a test ride so I put 5k down on a supposedly

2 month wait so I could think it over.

They called in 10 days that the bike was there so I basically had to buy or lose 5k.

Worked out ok as I like it but still. Like you I do not understand this no test ride deal.

Also that N250 was only 158k

I cannot imagine how it feels to drop 400k or more & not even know what it is going to feel like.

Major faith there for sure

Edited by mania

Ok can someone who is good in math go to gearing commander and see what you get? i used 15/45 10200 rpm but wasnt anywhere close to 250 kpm. either i suck at math or these guys were going down a mountain. I think i suck at math...

Ok can someone who is good in math go to gearing commander and see what you get? i used 15/45 10200 rpm but wasnt anywhere close to 250 kpm. either i suck at math or these guys were going down a mountain. I think i suck at math...

No Z800 yet so I took a Z750 & loaded your gearing 15/45

But really we need all the gear ratios

I will go see if they are around

PS: That rpm line is 10,500 & showing 221 kph

Edited by mania

Actually that is the right gear ratios already...surprising?

Anyway as you said theoretically with that gearing it does not happen

all else being equal.

But hey we have guys on here all the time that claim some pretty high speeds

that theoretically cannot be.I often wish they would gps their speedo too wink.png

No Z800 yet so I took a Z750 & loaded your gearing 15/45

But really we need all the gear ratios

I will go see if they are around

attachicon.gifk.jpg

PS: That rpm line is 10,500 & showing 221 kph

221 kph gps speed most probably equals to 240 ish kphs and 250 kph with the wind from the back on a decline.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

I haven't been up to 250kph on a bike for many years. It's bloody unreal territory but I think I WILL LEAVE it to the younger blokes to explore. Plus I don't know what to do to get the VTX1800 up there! When I had it up to 140 it was like being in a wind tunnel at Boeing!

• Like 1