New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

I spent ages going around there but nver asked how much is the rent and deposit for these now? And if they want to take hostage of your passport ?

Didn't ask but would expect it to be 1k max, less for longer rental...i was recently quoted 7-800 for some kind of a naked Aprilla (place on Soi 8 entrance which usually has good prices)... for sure only give copy of your passport, can't remember now but never paid much of a deposit... maybe a 1k ?.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I just went to Big Wing where their entire range is waiting for me to rub my bits up against.

We also went to Ducati. I liked the Monster, but the riding position is bloody awful. The 2 guys were clueless except when it came to showing me the price of the small range of bikes they had in the showroom. They did have a 795 available to ride away though.

^ I just went to Big Wing where their entire range is waiting for me to rub my bits up against.

We also went to Ducati. I liked the Monster, but the riding position is bloody awful. The 2 guys were clueless except when it came to showing me the price of the small range of bikes they had in the showroom. They did have a 795 available to ride away though.

My friend had a monster and a simple handlebar changed made a HUGE!!!! difference.

• Like 1

My friend had a monster and a simple handlebar changed made a HUGE!!!! difference.

I didn't like the way the seat ensures my unfeasibly large testicles get squashed on the fuel tank.

I'e visited Mython in Pattaya today. A kind salesman showed me the waiting list: 55 orders standing, 6 units delivered so far. Reservation deposit Bt 5,000.His rough estimate at this point is 2 months delivery time. Personally I'm not impressed how the bike looks like, but not even dislike it. Just for fun I took few piccies.

10593485025_6788f8d60c_b.jpg10593498416_dfafddcf23_o.jpg

10593511984_b0ee25ccb9_b.jpg10593744183_4e0619d253_b.jpg10593508424_0cb0bb6870_b.jpg10593496516_8b2d97b9a6_b.jpg10593739143_cecc2db2de_b.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, I got one from Kawasaki Udon about a month ago. It is a really good bike with lots of power.

Good to hear someone got it.

Any impression in the light of Thailand?

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes, I got one from Kawasaki Udon about a month ago. It is a really good bike with lots of power.

Thanks.

I really like the bike and I am happy that I bought it. It is good for riding long distance, has lots of power and is very stable. It sells for 375000 baht and a new er6n is around 275000 IMO you are getting twice the bike for the extra 100000 baht.
  • Like 1

Thanks.

I really like the bike and I am happy that I bought it. It is good for riding long distance, has lots of power and is very stable. It sells for 375000 baht and a new er6n is around 275000 IMO you are getting twice the bike for the extra 100000 baht.

Twice the bike up to an extent. Meet a good er6n driver on a good twisty road and an will be very hard to keep up with a z800. But, of course, there are no good twisty roads in Thailand and road racing is illegal too smile.png

Edited by paz

^^ Maybe that rider would still be way faster on the Z800, no?

Regardless, the Kawasaki 650 series opened many doors in LOS.

yeah that's true. I owned an er6 and it was hands down the best bike I had ever bought new until the 800. After all the years of trying to modify or buy someone else's crap bike. It's nice that now we can buy a good bike at a reasonable price. But i do feel bad for the guys that imported similar bikes over the past couple of years that will take a hit when they try to sell them.

^^ Maybe that rider would still be way faster on the Z800, no?

Regardless, the Kawasaki 650 series opened many doors in LOS.

yeah that's true. I owned an er6 and it was hands down the best bike I had ever bought new until the 800. After all the years of trying to modify or buy someone else's crap bike. It's nice that now we can buy a good bike at a reasonable price. But i do feel bad for the guys that imported similar bikes over the past couple of years that will take a hit when they try to sell them.
But also true is that the z800 would destroy the er6 anywhere.

Afraid you don't understand the all important concepts of weight and torque on twisty roads. Try it someday, you will be surprised..

Afraid you don't understand the all important concepts of weight and torque on twisty roads. Try it someday, you will be surprised..

I'd have thought the Z800 had far better power to weight ratios.

It's about 10% heavier than the ER6 but it has more than 25% more torque and close to double the horsepower. The reviews of the bike suggests it handles very nicely as well.

It's about 10% heavier than the ER6 but it has more than 25% more torque and close to double the horsepower. The reviews of the bike suggests it handles very nicely as well.

What are they like with a passenger inboard ? More comfortable ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not sure a passenger would want to spend more than 5 mins on that pillion seat.

• Like 1

First of all, depending on source, the weight difference between er-6n and z800 could be as much as 50Kgs,, that is like a 27% difference.

Note I said importance of weight (not ratio), and secondarily torque, So let's go into the details.

Weight to power ratio is a great thing to have, unfortunately it helps in a single instance only - acceleration with the bike straight - (we don't top speed on road driving, do we ?)

As you come into braking, the lighter you are, the quicker you will decerate and insert in turn. Visualize being able to brake after and harder , passing at the last moment before turn.

Then in the corner, the lighter one is are, the less centripetal force, meaning you can in fact turn faster without being thrown out. Visualize the other guy passing you on the outside.

And in the fast direction turn changes, a light bike will have to sway much less mass from one side to the other, meaning faster and more effective in doing so preparing for the nex turn.

Finally torque, a great point for twins or triples, expecially long stroked ones. It means that mid-turn already you can start open throttle with confidence, feel something like a steady punch to pull you out quicker than the big power bike guy that must keep throttle shut to avoid tire spin and related crash.

That is why the lighter, the better, always. Unfortunately the z800 is not light at all.

Edited by paz

^ kind of pointless to argue IMO. The Z800 has almost 2x the HP, it's a bit heavier, and it's a similar style bike as the ER-6n. That's really all you can say.

If you start talking about twisty roads, it depends on how twisty, what sort of turns, etc etc - lots of factors to consider. If it gets really twisty a supermotard might lose you; some liter bikes will be passed by a Honda Wave with a skilled rider on it on the way down. Too many factors to talk about really. So yeah the Z800 won't always be the faster bike but I'd think with upgraded everything it should be able to keep up in most conditions (and zip away on straights of course). It is a heavy pig though, no question. What gets me is that the Z1000 is lighter and has more power too...

The passenger seat on the z800 is not as comfortable as the er6 and it is slippery. They do sell a different seat cover for it that should help though. My wife and I ride together a lot and I can feel her sliding around on it.

I'm just saying. I've owned both and the er6 is a great bike but it just doesn't have the nuts that the z800 has. Both bikes are quite similar in handling to me anyway, but when you crack the throttle on the z800 the similarities end there.

As for not understanding power to weight ratio, you are welcome to bring an er6 up to my home and teach me anytime.

I'm just saying. I've owned both and the er6 is a great bike but it just doesn't have the nuts that the z800 has. Both bikes are quite similar in handling to me anyway, but when you crack the throttle on the z800 the similarities end there.

As for not understanding power to weight ratio, you are welcome to bring an er6 up to my home and teach me anytime.

That is not what I said, read above what I said.

Anyway if you're willing to learn a thing or two, go to a track day.