Possible To Take Your Own Car Into Thailand

thats a long drive, you better change the oil first...actually i think the shipping & import taxes are so much you better really love that car like its your offspring.

Many people ask "Should I bring my car?" Usually, the answer is "no", and instead you should lease or buy one over here. Cars are subject to a high luxury tax, equal to 200% of the car's value when new, as assessed by Thai customs (actually, the combined value new of overseas price plus local price), plus tax on the transport fee.
Moving to Thailand
MOTOR VEHICLES

Automobiles and motorcycles heavily taxed and require approval from the Ministry of Commerce prior to forwarding of vehicle from origin

Shipping Personal Goods to Thailand

thats a long drive, you better change the oil first...actually i think the shipping & import taxes are so much you better really love that car like its your offspring.
Many people ask "Should I bring my car?" Usually, the answer is "no", and instead you should lease or buy one over here. Cars are subject to a high luxury tax, equal to 200% of the car's value when new, as assessed by Thai customs (actually, the combined value new of overseas price plus local price), plus tax on the transport fee.

Moving to Thailand

MOTOR VEHICLES

Automobiles and motorcycles heavily taxed and require approval from the Ministry of Commerce prior to forwarding of vehicle from origin

Shipping Personal Goods to Thailand

Spare parts and service / repairs will be a nightmare too.

I asked the same question only last friday of my shipping bloke in Sydney. He is not bad, and gets stuff through fast.

I wanted to bring my Commodore and my Honda XL500 over.

He said in all practicality you must be a motor dealer in Thailand. Hir forwarding agent in Thailand has got all sorts of stuff through but said it was just too hard and the "Invisible Hand" would not work.

So maybe you can find a motor dealer and try to work a deal.