Ferrari That Killed Bangkok Cop Was Doing 200Kph; Red Bull Heir

webfact

They should check the car's ECU. It will show the speed at time of impact.

They should ask him and his dad separately what was said in the supposed conversation.

They should ask him how much he had to drink, who served it, and then get confirmation from the server before he has a chance to coach their answeres.

Every policeman will know his worth is on a sliding value scale and that higher up officers will throw your corpse under a bus for the right familys.

On the bright side, the dead policemans family will probably have more money than they ever dreamed of having. I know this isn't acceptable in the west but money is number one in Thailand.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wishing to make light of suicidal speeding in bangkok, but you have obviously never driven a ferrari. More than capable of reaching well over 100 MPH in very short order, and still has the capacity to brake in short order too

And I think that sentence just about sums it up, I know nothing about the capabilities of a Ferrari, but I suspect you are correct in saying that they are more than capable of reaching a 100 mph in short order and also has the capacity to brake in short order.

I believe that these high performance cars are designed to be driven on roads designed for high speed driving, not city streets in Bangkok, London, Milan, New York or where ever, they are probably also designed to be driven by someone skilled in driving a car with this power.

I don't know this guys capabilities in respect to this car, his state of mind at the time of the incident, or what actually happened, but I do know that a human being lost his life and rather than face up to his actions at the scene, he ran home to daddy.

It says a lot about the mans character and his willingness to accept responsibilty. A 27 yr old grown man who has to run home to Mummy and Daddy for protection. He is nothing more than a little child in a mans body and this child is a managing director of a billion dollar corporation. This says a lot about the company, the CEO and Board of Directors. I hope the Board have the balls at an urgent meeting and dismiss him because he clearly shows that he is not mature enough to accept responsibility.

I wonder if this could have a similar effect here in Thailand?

Ferraris such as Ling Gu’s black 458 Spider, which reportedly cost $1 million, have come to symbolize a degree of freedom, mobility, wealth and status that hundreds of millions of Chinese can never attain.

High Speed Scandal: Ferrari Incident Rocks China

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/05/high-speed-scandal-ferrari-incident-rocks-china.html

200KMH? No. Way.

If he would have been going 200, the whole front would have been smashed in much more and the policeman would have gone through the windshield. The motorcycle would have been mangled to bits and IMPLANTED into the Ferrari.

Remember the Porsche incident with the girl? He was going MUCH faster.

That Ferrari was going 70. Tops.

Not everything is so straight forward! This is grose but it's just an example your claim can be argued against.

http://ozfm.darkbb.com/t93-how-to-pack-a-70-kg-kangaroo-into-a-bmw-z4

They should ask him and his dad separately what was said in the supposed conversation.

They should ask him how much he had to drink, who served it, and then get confirmation from the server before he has a chance to coach their answeres.

Every policeman will know his worth is on a sliding value scale and that higher up officers will throw your corpse under a bus for the right familys.

On the bright side, the dead policemans family will probably have more money than they ever dreamed of having. I know this isn't acceptable in the west but money is number one in Thailand.

They probably reflashed ecu when he went home.

IMHO and from first hand experience, it is practically impossible to drive at 200km/h along that particular stretch of Sukhumvit Road (on both sides around Soi 49). I regularly drive past that area around 5:30am and there are just too many cars, buses and motorcycles to allow any acceleration to 200km/h. I agree that the damage to the motorcycle and car would have to be much more than what is shown in the photos. Again, I'm not defending the guy, I'm just stating my opinion.

First away from the lights?

Car can go that fast very very quickly and hitting a light motorcycle that went up on the hood would no make a lot of damage. 100 plus in a Ferrari in seconds. That is why forensics experts are looking at the incident. Sounds pretty thorough to me. Horrific action by driver to leave dying man in the road after continueing to drive. Ferrari can stop very quickly too if he had tried. Seems intentional.

I wonder if this could have a similar effect here in Thailand?

Ferraris such as Ling Gu’s black 458 Spider, which reportedly cost $1 million, have come to symbolize a degree of freedom, mobility, wealth and status that hundreds of millions of Chinese can never attain.

High Speed Scandal: Ferrari Incident Rocks China

http://www.thedailyb...ocks-china.html

Good LINK, but what is the effect in China? You think there is a change?

Yes, there, they easy kill somebody, for his wrong doing, but that is it, the next person at the right job is also corrupt!

Where are the cops going to get their hands on a computer to read a Ferrari ECU? Cavallino motors?

Having said that, it lends weight to them possibly doing exactly what ttelise said - they have the equipment!

If I were the family of the dead policeman, I wouldn't even let these "people" in to "pay respect" to my beloved family member. Where was the "respect" when he was being dragged for miles under the speeding vehicle? This is just more hi-so poser B.S.

It doesn't work like that here. The Thai guy must go to the funeral, it's expected. sad.png

"Samak said Worrayuth did not try to flee the scene but went home to consult his father." How is going home to consult your father not analogous to fleeing the scene? How can one go home and, at the same time, not flee the scene?

That's what cell phones are for . . .

If I were the family of the dead policeman, I wouldn't even let these "people" in to "pay respect" to my beloved family member. Where was the "respect" when he was being dragged for miles under the speeding vehicle? This is just more hi-so poser B.S.

It doesn't work like that here. The Thai guy must go to the funeral, it's expected. sad.png

Even so, if I were a family member, I would probably vomit in disgust. The total lack of remorse is obvious in their faces. The dark glasses are probably being worn to hide their shame. Edited by visionchaser45

Not possible to do what I think you're suggesting in a few minutes. To erase and re code all the ECU's that store the important data in this case would take at least a few hours.

Even so, if I were a family member, I would probably vomit in disgust. The total lack of remorse is obvious in their faces. The dark glasses are probably being worn to hide their shame.

No, the guy is just being his hi-so trendy self, and the poor folk know it. It's the way it is.

Where are the cops going to get their hands on a computer to read a Ferrari ECU? Cavallino motors?

Having said that, it lends weight to them possibly doing exactly what ttelise said - they have the equipment!

They will not have the necessary equipment to extract this information.

I feel a huge amount of disgust looking at this of piece of trash with his insincere wai. Nothing but lies and deceit from the whole family and their cop friends. What a disgusting situation!!

I don't drink their "poison in a little brown bottle" but if I did, I would absolutely stop giving these horrible people any money. This creepy little maggot doesn't have even one ounce of backbone or integrity. It infuriates me that he will certainly see no jail time, and the Thai public will accept that because mommy and daddy will pay what seems like a substantial amount of money (but is actually a tiny little trinket compared to the obscene wealth this family of azzholes possesses). It makes me wonder just how many people suffered or died to build up this family's riches. They are pure evil.

Is there any way to find out just what companies and businesses these horrible pieces of garbage are involved in to make sure that I don't inadvertently put even 1 satang in their pockets?

I advise you to leave Thailand.

ASAP.

Why?

I hope you're not beating that extremely dead "If you don't like it leave" horse. I'm sure everybody's getting really tired of those hollow words -- the ones that are used when somebody wants to post but can't say anything intelligent.

Just because I'm disgusted by this situation doesn't mean that I can't handle the deficiencies and differences of Thai culture. I've been here for over a dozen year and know the score, so blabber away to someone else with your hollow posts.

May I advise a trip to the massage shop then.

You seem awfully uptight and furious.

Almost as if you can't handle the deficiencies and differences of Thai culture.

Edited by siampreggers

I have AIM data loggers/ECU bridge and smarty cams. I am sure they could get their hands on something similar off the net. Need dealer equipement to reflash or lap top with right program. I have erased parameters on my elise, but other brands are much more difficult.

ECU doesn't record impact speeds etc only fault codes but ACU ( airbag control unit ) does record the speed at which the airbag was activated among other things.

Both can be reset with the the right equipment, which probably the Ferrari importer will have.

However it will still keep an invisible log which only can be accessed by the manufaturer.

Wait until the blood test come back, the lawyer and senator for the kid says he was not drinking at the time of the accident but had a few after he returned home. Could this be another one of those white lies? Charge with doing 200 mph, leaving the sense of the accident, trying to avoid police at his home. Then pay off the family is the Thai way for wealthy families to say "Oh I am so sorry" BS

I'll be interested to see if the policeman's family say, NO we don't want your dirty money, we want you to go to jail....but I just don't see that happening...

• Like 1

I've seen the photos of the car and the motorcycle, and seriously doubt that the car was doing 200kph. The motorcycle looks in fairly decent condition and would have been completely destroyed if the car had really been doing that speed. I'm not defending the idiot car driver, but I can't believe you can drive that fast on Sukumvit no matter the hour. And I suspect he was fairly drunk. The international press coverage of this tragic event will hopefully bring some much needed reforms to law enforcement in Thailand. Yes, I'm a dreamer...

My boss had a Ferrari Modena and, yes, it is EASY to do that kind of speed in a short period of time.

It doesnt make sense to you and I and others because it is INSANE.

• Like 1

Not possible to do what I think you're suggesting in a few minutes. To erase and re code all the ECU's that store the important data in this case would take at least a few hours.

Dunno. I had an F car reflashed by dealer after that upgraded factory ecu parameters on a 430 Challenge. Took about an hour and I don't think they spent the whole time just working on my car. I know it removed my over revs from hair pin at Barber though . . .

ECU doesn't record impact speeds etc only fault codes but ACU ( airbag control unit ) does record the speed at which the airbag was activated among other things.

Both can be reset with the the right equipment, which probably the Ferrari importer will have.

However it will still keep an invisible log which only can be accessed by the manufaturer.

Actually, a reflash can remove everything. Just depends on the type of reflash. I have had ECUs reflashed that removed all over rev history and gave me a fresh start.

The ECUs are getting a bit better now a days. I think FF might record speed on left front, transmission and engine speed. May even be Gs in there. I cannot remeber as I use data loggers for Gs. ECUs record rpms, but primarily over revs which will show as 5 highest and at what engine hours they occurred and an average I believe. They also have something called standing starts which show abuse on drive trains.

They log this for warranty claim purposes to deny claims for over revs. After killing many second gear synchros at my favorite track's down hill breaking zone into a tight left hand hair pin in an Elise I use for instrucitng and a Challenge I use for racing, I know what's kept. I have gotten into many pissing matches about over revs, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and my need for a new transmission. 4 times to be exact. Also grenaded an engine on the highway that was covered.

If that excuse for a man had come to my father/brother/sons funeral ,I would not be able to refrain myself from ripping his head off!

From the looks of him, it wouldn't take more than the thumb and fore-finger of one hand

It doesn't matter how fast he was going, he killed someone, he ran after the accident (typical Thai) and now the spin from the lawyer (white lies)

Not really 'white lies' ....more like bald-faced lies. But just doing his lawyer job, much like Thaksin's Noppadon, or O.J's slew of high priced attorneys. The nearly 30 year old 'kid' will get off, no doubt about it - regardless of how guilty he actually is. If in doubt, just look at another cop slayer from another family of the same name, whose father is rich.

• Like 1

Dunno. I had an F car reflashed by dealer after that upgraded factory ecu parameters on a 430 Challenge. Took about an hour and I don't think they spent the whole time just working on my car. I know it removed my over revs from hair pin at Barber though . . .

What on earth has ECU (what ever that is) and tuning motor vehicles got to do with this topic. Isn't there another forum dedicated to cars and petrol heads. ECU and reflashing please speak english so us non grease monkeys know what you are talking about or take it over to the car forum.

• Like 2