Top Cop In Trouble Over Thaksin Links

webfact

Top cop in trouble over Thaksin links

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt-General Khamronwit Thoopkrajang has found himself in trouble after boasting about his links to fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Green Politics coordinator Suriyasai Katasila yesterday said he would this week launch legal and ethical proceedings against Khamronwit.

Suriyasai plans to petition the National Anti-Corruption Commission to look into Khamronwit's lapse of duty in not arresting Thaksin, despite six outstanding warrants. He will also ask the Office of the Ombudsman to rule whether Khamronwit has violated the ethical standards for law enforcement officers.

"I find it unacceptable if the commissioner neglects to perform his duty because of his personal ties with Thaksin," he said.

He said Khamronwit, as well as National Police General Priewpan Damapong, both set bad examples by being humble towards a fugitive instead of upholding the law. He was referring to Priewpan's trip to Hong Kong in July, reportedly to meet Thaksin.

Suriyasai voiced concern about the integrity of the justice system if policemen flocked to seek favours from fugitive Thaksin. The controversial ties came to light after Khamronwit invited reporters to his office to give an interview. On prominent display in his office is a photograph taken in Hong Kong shinging Thaksin pinning three stars on the epaulets of Khamronwit who is in full-dress uniform.

Underneath the photograph, Khamronwit had inscribed a phrase "[What] I have today [is] due to [my] brother's generosity", expressing his gratitude to Thaksin for securing him the position as Metropolitan commissioner.

After major newspapers published the photograph, web-boards were inundated with critical comments on Khamronwit's kowtowing to Thaksin. Reacting to his critics, Khamronwit said he found nothing wrong in displaying the picture of a man he respected.

"I put up pictures of who ever I hold in high esteem as a reminder to myself, and don't see why this should be troubling to anyone," he said.

He confirmed he had met Thaksin and that as an act of anointment, he had asked him to pin the stars on his epaulets. "I will never be ungrateful to Thaksin," he said, vowing to maintain his loyalty even if he had to risk losing his job following a change of government.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-06

Trouble for knowing Thaksin? I doubt it, it;s more a requirement for a top position.

Would be interesting if Thaksin ever decided to come back. Who would dare to arrest him.

Could be a stand off between those Police trying to arrest him and those Police trying to make sure he is not arrested

Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt-General Khamronwit Thoopkrajang.. openly admits "I put up pictures of who ever I hold in high esteem as a reminder to myself, and don't see why this should be troubling to anyone.. and that he considers a convicted fugitive from a country in which he holds a high position within the law a "brother"

Thailand has absolutely no chance of law & order and no respect from it's people of a sense of justice & fairness, if Yingluk had any leadership or morale values she would sack him immediately !!

• Like 1

Metropolitan Police commissioner Lt-General Khamronwit Thoopkrajang.. openly admits "I put up pictures of who ever I hold in high esteem as a reminder to myself, and don't see why this should be troubling to anyone.. and that he considers a convicted fugitive from a country in which he holds a high position within the law a "brother"

Thailand has absolutely no chance of law & order and no respect from it's people of a sense of justice & fairness, if Yingluk had any leadership or morale values she would sack him immediately !!

Yet only days ago many people were singing his praises for his handling of the ferrari cop killer affair - both insisting on justice for the killed cop and dealing with the people who tried to cover it up and put up a scapegoat. Could be more like some powerful people using the media to get him out of the way because he is trying to enforce the law.

The Ferrari killer is still out on bail and has not seen any justice at this time. Oh, sorry, do you mean justice like the 16 year old girl that killed 9 people? That's what I don't call justice. Edited by drdoom6996
  • Like 1

Underneath the photograph, Khamronwit had inscribed a phrase "[What] I have today [is] due to [my] brother's generosity", expressing his gratitude to Thaksin for securing him the position as Metropolitan commissioner.

He confirmed he had met Thaksin and that as an act of anointment, he had asked him to pin the stars on his epaulets."

Bangkok Metropolitan Police Commissioner Police Lieutenant-General Kamronwit meets with convicted fugitive Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin and has the inferior-ranked Police Lieutenant-Colonel with six outstanding arrest warrants pin on his Police Lieutenant-General stars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13468283871346861610l.jpg

Khaosod News (article in Thai)

http://www.khaosod.c...c9PQ==&catid=01

Thanks for sharing.

One day this country will "explode". Even PT voters are getting sick of this "everything for Thaksin" strategy this government has adopted. There are a few PT voters in my office and they never thought that this government would go to such extremes pleasing itself and Thaksin over the general population.

If they would have known this before... Seems that the Yingluck fairytale is coming to an end.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

Yet only days ago many people were singing his praises for his handling of the ferrari cop killer affair - both insisting on justice for the killed cop and dealing with the people who tried to cover it up and put up a scapegoat. Could be more like some powerful people using the media to get him out of the way because he is trying to enforce the law.

In any case it would not be because "red bull" are not "donating" enough to the red police officer's orphan charity club??? Or any red charity support in general???

Just asking.....

wai.gif

• Like 1

Simply put there is no regard for the rule of law by any group and the country is already in a state of bovine anarchy. And all are aware of it. The ship is rudderless and it is only a matter of time before it hits a reef.....

And this is precisely why many TV members and others love living in Thailand!

• Like 1

Simply put there is no regard for the rule of law by any group and the country is already in a state of bovine anarchy. And all are aware of it. The ship is rudderless and it is only a matter of time before it hits a reef.....

And this is precisely why many TV members and others love living in Thailand!

Many? Or a few?

He confirmed he had met Thaksin and that as an act of anointment, he had asked him to pin the stars on his epaulets."

Bangkok Metropolitan Police Commissioner Police Lieutenant-General Kamronwit meets with convicted fugitive Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin and has the inferior-ranked Police Lieutenant-Colonel with six outstanding arrest warrants pin on his Police Lieutenant-General stars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for sharing.

One day this country will "explode". Even PT voters are getting sick of this "everything for Thaksin" strategy this government has adopted. There are a few PT voters in my office and they never thought that this government would go to such extremes pleasing itself and Thaksin over the general population.

If they would have known this before... Seems that the Yingluck fairytale is coming to an end.

Led by a Hugh Hefner bathrobe-wearing impersonator.

• Like 1

Correct me if i'm wrong,but isn't it the Police duty to be politically unbiased and hold the peoples interest and Law and Order,first and Foremost?

Well judging by the their failure to uphold the law, and clear the streets of the Red Brigade of Anarchist Arsonists in 2010 we know the answer to that question.

Khamronwit is obviously a novice,he should have done what all the the other Thaksinites do: deny all knowledge of the hidden agenda,to bring Thaksin back unhindered,at any cost,which runs through the Cabinet and upwards.

Thanks for sharing.

Thaksin Shinawatra: "I'm willing to die to make my country and its people happy."

Me: "Can you please DO than your country WILL be !"

licklips.gif

Trouble for knowing Thaksin? I doubt it, it;s more a requirement for a top position.

Would be interesting if Thaksin ever decided to come back. Who would dare to arrest him.

It would be interesting to see what happened if Thaksin just turned up at Swampy one morning.

I suspect everyone's post would suddenly become inactive.

Edited by bigbamboo

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing.

Breaking news in the other paper this evening has a report that Bangkok Metropolitan Police Commissioner Police Lieutenant-General Kamronwit may have lost his position and been replaced over this issue with Thaksin.

Edited by Buchholz

Today, the Deputy Prime Minister and Pheu Thai Party MP Police Captain Chalerm denied the rumors that Police Lieutenant-General Kamronwit was being replaced in his position.

Meanwhile, Police Lieutenant-General Kamronwit admitted that he had traveled with Police Captain Chalerm to Singapore last Saturday and Sunday, but denied he had met with convicted fugitive Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin, who was also there.

All three had gone to watch the Formula One race that was held there last weekend.

So you are suggesting his enemies snuck in to his office placed the picture there prominently displayed and drugged him to say he admired Thaksin.

I in no way condone his attitude towards a convicted criminal who he should be arresting if given a chance. But at least he is honest about his misplaced loyalty.

update:

POLITICS

Transfer 'not discussed' on trip: Kamronwit

The Nation

30191038-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang yesterday admitted going to Singapore with Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung but said the subject of his possible transfer never came up.

Speculation has ripened that Kamronwit's days are numbered at the Metropolitan Police after dozens of officers gathered outside the Democrat Party's headquarters last week to rally in his support.

He said he went to Singapore to watch the Formula One night race with about 10 people. And he doesn't know anything about being removed from his position. That's up to his supervisor to decide.

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was also in the city-state for the Grand Prix weekend, but Kamronwit said he didn't meet with him.

Chalerm said the report about shunting Kamronwit out of the Metropolitan Police was a rumour. Kamronwit has morality and suitability as the head of Bangkok police because he is capable and faithful, and there is no reason to force him out of his seat although the Democrat Party doesn't like him, he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-25

30191038-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan Police chief Kamronwit Thoopkrachang yesterday admitted going to Singapore with Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung but said the subject of his possible transfer never came up.

He said he went to Singapore to watch the Formula One night race with about 10 people.

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was also in the city-state for the Grand Prix weekend, but Kamronwit said he didn't meet with him.

Amazingily bad luck for Police Lieutenant-General Kamronwit and Police Captain Chalerm being unable to hook up with Police Lieutenant-Colonel Thaksin while they were all there together in Singapore.

They could have had a nice chat on police protocols and procedures.

Oh well, perhaps next time when they meet up again in Hong Kong or elsewhere when Kamronwit is promoted to Police Major-General.

Edited by Buchholz