Windows 8 Apps Just Getting Better

Notstupid30

Windows 8 is just getting even more better as we speak with 865 apps up to now and that's before its comes out also spoke with George and IE10 works fully now on here and look miles better also like to tell people via Win 8 can now get UK Radio and USA Tv throw apps and I hope for more to be added once it comes out on the market ..

http://www.winbeta.o...e-windows-store

Samples

30utiqs.png

512gz6.png

Edited by Notstupid30

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Windows 8....no further comment! Everything was said already.

Win 8 can now get UK Radio and USA Tv throw apps

And? Will you be able to watch/listen to them here Thailand?

1000's of these and similar apps in Google's and Apple's store.

But 99% useless, if you want to use them outside the country, they have been developed for.

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 1

Windows 8....no further comment! Everything was said already.

Win 8 can now get UK Radio and USA Tv throw apps

And? Will you be able to watch/listen to them here Thailand?

1000's of these and similar apps in Google's and Apple's store.

But 99% useless, if you want to use them outside the country, they have been developed for.

Radio works 100% plus TV but UK Tv needs a proxy plus only up to now just Channel 5 the app also come from these people www.filmon.com

CNBC

330qjqo.png

Edited by Notstupid30

UK Tv needs a proxy

Is there a "proxy" app in the store?

If not, useless on a tablet/phone.

All major *legal* TV-streaming sites in our home countries are not accessible without proxy/vpn.

Zattoo, Wilmaa, Hulu, Netflix, BBC..... only to name a few.

And Windows 8 doesn't make anything better.

Edited by Turkleton

UK Tv needs a proxy

Is there a "proxy" app in the store?

If not, useless on a tablet/phone.

All major *legal* TV-streaming sites in our home countries are not accessible without proxy/vpn.

Zattoo, Wilmaa, Hulu, Netflix, BBC..... only to name a few.

And Windows 8 doesn't make anything better.

Nothing up as of yet but it's still fair to early to know what's happening until October 26 when it comes out on the market .. ? I'm just using OEM Windows 8 Enterprise RTM Version but it hasn't been activated yet because not out on the market ? but I will have everything backed up for when it does come out also using a AMD FX 8120 and this is better for me to Win 7 with the patch and hotkey seems a lot smoother too ..

Kinda reminds me of all the hype for Windows Vista

Very true just wish there were some decent drivers out for this Windows 7 drivers do work on some stuff but not much but apart from that the whole system feels faster and stable and gaming with Windows 8 to 7 is just awesome ..

• Like 1

It doesn't like my LexMark S300 or my Drobo, but in fairness they were not connected when I installed. I have to do a clean install anyway (the OCZ Vertex 4 arrived!), so I'll be doing it over the weekend and I'll let you know.

By the way, how did you get the RTM version without a key? Off the Internet?

Okay understood also doesn't take long to do around 10 minute to install windows 8 pretty fast in all truth .. As to how I got the copy got it when it was leaked out on to the net just don't use N as it doesn't support Media Player and it's for the EU that version as they didn't get the rights there ..

Unless your are using a Tablet PC, why would anyone want to use windoze 8?

The overhype is starting to remind me of vista.

Well for me I don’t use programs that often but I do a lot of gaming at home as you can see and Windows 8 has a lot benefits for wholes people who do play games like myself also I like Windows 8 because everything a lot organized and is hidden away plus with these new apps I can read the news without getting ink on my fingers and it also offer a new experience to just typing in a news source and just looking at a screen it plus it supports multiple screens without having to use software for the bar to be at the bottom of the screen ..

Also on top of this there will be stuff so then you can connect like your home entertainment / server throw the whole house without getting confuse what you doing to say like windows 7 I have also added some examples to give you a heads up..

1i1xty.png

Skynews

2yyqeyt.png

BBC

21cxn5g.png

Word

nmls0n.png

Edited by Notstupid30

Perhaps you are confused by the Metro interface. You don't *have* to use it, and in multiple monitors you can use it *and* a standard Windows desktop. The omission of a start button for me is a glaring error, but that's easily fixed.

It's speed is excellent, I'm finding it much faster than Win 7. It also has some improved features under the hood, but many of them probably aren't needed by most users.

It is a bit like Vista, in as much as they've rushed it out to try and get a go at the tablet market before its too late.

But it isn't like Vista in that it isn't so damned slow.

Perhaps you are confused by the Metro interface. You don't *have* to use it, and in multiple monitors you can use it *and* a standard Windows desktop. The omission of a start button for me is a glaring error, but that's easily fixed.

It's speed is excellent, I'm finding it much faster than Win 7. It also has some improved features under the hood, but many of them probably aren't needed by most users.

It is a bit like Vista, in as much as they've rushed it out to try and get a go at the tablet market before its too late.

Very true plus the lettering on names are bigger to say the old start-up menu easier on the eye's ..

Here a cool app about all the movies that have come out give you reviews rating casting and some more ..

ol1m1.png

I use my favourite Android apps on Windows 7 via

Bluestacks player

Has full access to google play-store.

You can sync it with your Android device.

And easy to block the "in app ads" with a modified "hosts" file.

Even rooting is possible wink.png (If you need it, I don't)

No need to install an OS with a crappy inconsistent Tablet-UI..laugh.png

Home screen with ADW Launcher:

post-158247-0-03689100-1346981559_thumb.

Google Play store

post-158247-0-19420700-1346981630_thumb.

MX-Player with a german TV-Stream via .m3u8 playlist

post-158247-0-54069600-1346981611_thumb.

Edited by Turkleton

Kinda reminds me of all the hype for Windows Vista

Yes I think Windows 9 will be excellent :-)

Funny it's like a pissing contest this with some of the comments on here end of the day some people will like it some wont if everybody was the same in this world we would live a boring life that's for sure ..

haha yea windows 8 is so fast i think its amazingly fast sometimes i can do stuff so fast my heads spins but when i load mario cart it goes to fast because windows 8 is so fast and when i load my android emulator i cantt believe how cool it is you wouldnt believe it either unless you saw it so maybe you should download windows 8 rtm too so we all can have windows 8 rtm and play our games really fast and be cool together and wow i wish i could learn how to use periods by the time windows 15 comes out i can do that too but you can do that and i can do that too.

haha yea windows 8 is so fast i think its amazingly fast sometimes i can do stuff so fast my heads spins but when i load mario cart it goes to fast because windows 8 is so fast and when i load my android emulator i cantt believe how cool it is you wouldnt believe it either unless you saw it so maybe you should download windows 8 rtm too so we all can have windows 8 rtm and play our games really fast and be cool together and wow i wish i could learn how to use periods by the time windows 15 comes out i can do that too but you can do that and i can do that too.

Have you thought about a career in comedy?

• Like 2

Have you thought about a career in comedy?

HAHAHA ... Anyway finally some decent drivers coming out had to do some running around for them as Asus are been f'ing lazy about AMD driver but seems they come out with Intel driver the speed has pick up a lot more .. ? I must say also NVIDIA come out with some Beta Drivers and all my game work fine and some of the graphics on some of the game are jaw dropping with my GTX 570 .. All i'm needing now is driver for my sound card as it keeps resetting with the ones I have in as they are window 7 drivers and Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard then i'm sorted ...

There are 2 start buttons. You mean start menu?

The start button is on the left corner or the right side of the screen. Start menu is now this Start screen with the tiles instead of the list.

Bypass the Windows 8 Start screen with RetroUI whistling.gif

http://reviews.cnet....n-with-retroui/

Start8 for Windows 8 - Bringing back the Windows Start menu

http://www.stardock....roducts/start8/

what's the point really. If you want the old, keep windows 7. if you want to embrace the new, then the way forward will be metro.

as usual, it is the normal reaction to resist change. Just keep windows 7 and problem solved. Windows 7 is a great OS. There's no real reason to change it.

Edited by thaicruze

Very true plus the lettering on names are bigger to say the old start-up menu easier on the eye's ..

Here a cool app about all the movies that have come out give you reviews rating casting and some more ..

ol1m1.png

I wonder where they got the idea...

ScreenShot2012-09-09at82032AM.png

oh wait... Windows 8 has it "Metro", what we in the real world call "Full Screen". Hang on...

ScreenShot2012-09-09at82109AM.png

hey look. I've got behind the scenes featurettes and everything. hmmm..

Edited by thaicruze
  • Like 1

Why fiddling around with third party "apps", to give W8 a W7 "look and feel"

Nobody knows, what "side effects" this may cause...

W7 is already available and a great OS and it will get updates until 2020.

Enough time, to wait for a "metro-free" W9/10/11 laugh.png.

W7 ist just three years old. No need to replace it with a tablet GUI OS!

yes. the start button is there. click it. it will bring you to the start screen. that's the way forward. if you want Windows 7, then keep it! it's a perfectly good OS.

People who say "there's no start button in windows 8" drive me nuts. I guess they've never used windows 8. It's right here:

windows-8-start-button-580x326.png

and here

start8_1.png

and the start menu is here

windows-8-b.jpg

you can group the tiles the way you want to. a group for office, and group for adobe, etc. it's a tile representation of the old folder start menu from Windows 95. At some point they have to move on. You can try another OS, or keep windows 7.

in thailand a lot of laptops come empty. it's your choice what to put in there. some are still rocking XP SP3 and are happy.

Edited by thaicruze

Why fiddling around with third party "apps", to give W8 a W7 "look and feel"

Nobody knows, what "side effects" this may cause...

W7 is already available and a great OS and it will get updates until 2020.

Enough time, to wait for a "metro-free" W9/10/11 laugh.png.

W7 ist just three years old. No need to replace it with a tablet GUI OS!

Metro is optional. I have it on a second screen, and the standard desktop on the main one.

yes. the start button is there. click it. it will bring you to the start screen. that's the way forward. if you want Windows 7, then keep it! it's a perfectly good OS.

People who say "there's no start button in windows 8" drive me nuts. I guess they've never used windows 8. It's right here:

<snip>

and here

<snip>

and the start menu is here

you can group the tiles the way you want to. a group for office, and group for adobe, etc. it's a tile representation of the old folder start menu from Windows 95. At some point they have to move on. You can try another OS, or keep windows 7.

in thailand a lot of laptops come empty. it's your choice what to put in there. some are still rocking XP SP3 and are happy.

I don't want to start Metro. I want a Start button that gives me direct access to things like Computer, Control Panel, Documents, all of my applications and a command line.

That's what they've removed.

Put it back with ViStart and you have both. I don't know why they removed it.

Metro is optional. I have it on a second screen, and the standard desktop on the main one.

Metro is _not_ optional.

You may bring it to the background temporary, with some dubious tools. But you can't deactivate it at all!

Example:

1. I have a dual monitor setup too.

And I like to run some video programs, like VLC or VNC/Teamviewer sessions on the secondary screen.

Than, pressing the "windows" button on W7, opens a small menu, which doesn't disturb video or anything else.

The same on W8 and I have a nice "full screen menu" which overlays everything.

May I ask you for what?

2. On W7 "Windows button" + one click = control panel. W8?

3. Metro Apps.... who needs small apps like weather or news/etc. in full screen?

No chance to resize the app window and running 3-4 or more of them, on the same screen. Why?

And how can you close the Metro-Apps easily without a "close" button?

4. What idi*t had the idea, to navigate with the mouse, to the screen corners to open some bars.

A hit and run, especially on a multi monitor setup

I know, there are a lot of new keyboard shortcuts for some functions, but I refuse to learn them, for an OS I don't like.

As I mentioned before: when I like to run tablet apps on a PC, I do it in an emulator/player/whatever!

Amen

Edited by Turkleton

Metro is _not_ optional.

You may bring it to the background temporary, with some dubious tools. But you can't deactivate it at all!

Example:

1. I have a dual monitor setup too.

And I like to run some video programs, like VLC or VNC/Teamviewer sessions on the secondary screen.

Than, pressing the "windows" button on W7, opens a small menu, which doesn't disturb video or anything else.

The same on W8 and I have a nice "full screen menu" which overlays everything.

May I ask you for what?

2. On W7 "Windows button" + one click = control panel. W8?

3. Metro Apps.... who needs small apps like weather or news/etc. in full screen?

No chance to decrease the app window and running 3-4 or more of them, on the same screen. Why?

4. What idi*t had the idea, to navigate with the mouse, to the screen corners to open some bars.

A hit and run, especially on a multi monitor setup

I know, there are a lot of new keyboard shortcuts for some functions, but I refuse to learn them, for an OS I don't like.

Amen

I don't follow you. On my laptop I have a standard W7-like Desktop with Computer, Control Panel, etc. and my usual app icons.

The other monitor I use for the same as you, the odd movie, email or whatever.

I do not touch Metro on the laptop, I don't need it. Which is why I call it "optional", I can display it any time I want to.

You can "bring it to the background" simply by clicking the "Desktop" tile - why is that dubious?