Dominoes

ishan14

don't think so its a good idea although it will nice to see a fast food pizza outlet here with parmesan cheese shaker instead of fake ketchup shit

Pizza company have parmesan but you usually have to ask for it from a waitress who then asks 3 of her collegues before one knows what it is.

• Like 1

don't think so its a good idea although it will nice to see a fast food pizza outlet here with parmesan cheese shaker instead of fake ketchup shit

Pizza company have parmesan but you usually have to ask for it from a waitress who then asks 3 of her collegues before one knows what it is.

They then don masks, gloves and nuclear proof nasa suits and bring it out to you. :P

• Like 1

I've seen a couple of dominoes pizza's in Bangkok and also in KL malaysia. The NWCO is upon us!

Where are the ones in bangkok actually located ?

Sukhumvit between sois 6 and 10, been a while.

So around Soi 8, this must have been more than 10 years ago. Believe me if was recently, the bangkok / western food forum would have been filled with posts about in the infinity 'best pizza in bangkok' threads.

Anyways to bring this topic to a screaming halt.

NO there are none here. Will there be? Email Dominos and find out.

Next question please. ;)

bloody hell and heres me hoping ide get a game of 5 and 3s or at leats a game of doubles,

jake

Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking, not actually seen a set here sad.png

They must sell them somewhere. It's played up many an alley.

Look in local toy shops would be my guess.

bloody hell and heres me hoping ide get a game of 5 and 3s or at leats a game of doubles,

jake

I too was disappointed to see the OP was only after pizzas.

The Thai domino sets have numbers up to 9 rather than 6. I've no idea what games they play with them. I have however bought a "UK" set locally.

We have a 5s and 3s school every Monday evening - 3 sad old Brits trying to recapture their youth mis-spent in local tap rooms and a Swedish chap who's caught on very quickly.

• Like 1

jake

Chap in Pattaya's wife and 3 others were caught some years back playing dominoes, BIB removed 30baht from the table. A fine of 500 baht each got them released. Had to sign some papers first at the police station. Later on that year, she was refused visas into UK and Australia, where she went annually because she had a police record. Dangerous game, these dominoes

jake

The Thai domino sets have numbers up to 9 rather than 6. I've no idea what games they play with them. I have however bought a "UK" set locally.

We have a 5s and 3s school every Monday evening - 3 sad old Brits trying to recapture their youth mis-spent in local tap rooms and a Swedish chap who's caught on very quickly.

5s and 3s with a Thai set is quite interesting, but you need at least 2 laps of the crib board for a game - double 8 + double 7 and double 9 + double 6 both score 16 points!

I'm still hoping to someday find enough players for a decent game of Maltese Cross ( very mis-spent youth!)

It was reported on the local news in Pattaya last week that some ladies were arrested and hauled down the station for playing straight dominoes for money.

The stake was 1 baht a game.

jake

5s and 3s with a Thai set is quite interesting, but you need at least 2 laps of the crib board for a game - double 8 + double 7 and double 9 + double 6 both score 16 points!

I'm still hoping to someday find enough players for a decent game of Maltese Cross ( very mis-spent youth!)

It was reported on the local news in Pattaya last week that some ladies were arrested and hauled down the station for playing straight dominoes for money.

The stake was 1 baht a game.

About time they brought back hanging, then

jake

I bought them for the kids a couple times. I see them often in the shops that sell all different cheap junk from kitchen utensils to flip flops. I have to walk through one of these places to get into my local Lotus and they always have them for about 30 baht.

• 3 months later...

I have spotted a new Domino's Pizza in Bangkok! After seeing it, I did a google search which led me to this thread. There will be a Domino's in the new Holiday Inn being built on Sukhumvit Soi 22. Does anyone have more information about this branch opening?

• Like 1

I have spotted a new Domino's Pizza in Bangkok! After seeing it, I did a google search which led me to this thread. There will be a Domino's in the new Holiday Inn being built on Sukhumvit Soi 22. Does anyone have more information about this branch opening?

Lights are on now, looks to be ready to open.