Idiots Who Come To Thailand.

chiangmaikelly

For the record Thai's who don't eat Beef particularly if they are from the North of LOS....

Have foregone the pleasure as a sacrifice to the local ju ju doctor for granting them their wish which would hae usually come true anyway but thats a different subject.

They believe emphatically, that's why they dare not eat beef.

I have a few unreliable sources for this fact.

Yes very unreliable it seems, just asked Mrs Soutpeel who incidently is from the South of Thailand and she says its a buddhist thing some people choose to do, nothing to do with the ju ju doctor.

My personal theory is that many Thai people do not eat beef because Thai beef sucks. I only starting eating it the last few years as it has finally gotten better if you buy the top grade stuff.

Edited by Ulysses G.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many idiot 'farangs' I've encountered are in Phuket, ones with no taste and too much money. The types you wd normally see in Fulham wine bars. They think they are a bit special in Phuket, and treat the local thais like they are living on a plantation. The west coast is fast becoming beach clubs with 'easy listening' music, perfect for these types. My idea of hell!

Edited by fish fingers

I suggest the topic title should be changed to " Idiots who live in Thailand and command tourists as to what they can do or not."

Hardly a substantial argument for eating shoe leather water buffalo and drinking frozen beer. But it that trips your trigger I have a nice bar for sale.smile.png

See, you do it again biggrin.png

No offence intended, but since this is not your first day in Thailand you must have noticed already that the more you tell " newbies" the more they will ignore it.

So after all, who's the idiot?wai.gif

I suggest the topic title should be changed to " Idiots who live in Thailand and command tourists as to what they can do or not."

Hardly a substantial argument for eating shoe leather water buffalo and drinking frozen beer. But it that trips your trigger I have a nice bar for sale.smile.png

See, you do it again biggrin.png

No offence intended, but since this is not your first day in Thailand you must have noticed already that the more you tell " newbies" the more they will ignore it.

So after all, who's the idiot?wai.gif

The ones that ignor the advice that they have asked for. No one is saying, least of all me, to offer advice to persons who do not request it.

If your advice is anything like your posts on here it's no wonder he chose to ignore you. You categorically stated Thais don't eat beef, when it's blatantly obvious that many do, my colleague had it for lunch today. Just because it may not be a T-bone or of sufficient quality does not mean they are not eating beef.

I can't be arsed with these people that believe just cos they have spent a good few years here, it means their opinions are the only correct ones.

Whats that great line about opinions Like A..........

If your advice is anything like your posts on here it's no wonder he chose to ignore you. You categorically stated Thais don't eat beef, when it's blatantly obvious that many do, my colleague had it for lunch today. Just because it may not be a T-bone or of sufficient quality does not mean they are not eating beef.

I can't be arsed with these people that believe just cos they have spent a good few years here, it means their opinions are the only correct ones.

Am average of 3 kg per year per capita means almost no one in Thailand eats beef. Think about it for a minute and it will become obvious. If it does not I can't help you.

If only them Nam people had listened to your advice, you woulld still be living in Nam, telling visitors to Nam where to go.

What is this Nam thing? Are you trying to insult me because you have nothing to answer about the OP? A guy ate food that tasted like poop and had the consistency of shoe leather because he did not hear what I said or could not understand what I said. That's all. What are on about?

Am average of 3 kg per year per capita means almost no one in Thailand eats beef. Think about it for a minute and it will become obvious. If it does not I can't help you.

Those statistics I believe. Cos of course with you advocating the abstension of eating beef everybody listened to you!

Those statistics I believe. Cos of course with you advocating the abstension of eating beef everybody listened to you!

Beef is my favorite meat. But my least favorite in Thailand. That is fact and anyone who tells you Thai beef with the exception of imports or French Thai beef is not edible for a person used to Australian beef is wrong. But that was not what the thread was about. They guy agreed the meat was awful after he ate it. It just did not register in his brain because of conditioning. Much like your posts here.

Beef is my favorite meat. But my least favorite in Thailand. That is fact and anyone who tells you Thai beef with the exception of imports or French Thai beef is not edible for a person used to Australian beef is wrong. But that was not what the thread was about. They guy agreed the meat was awful after he ate it. It just did not register in his brain because of conditioning. Much like your posts here.

read your post again m8 your contradicting yourself. 'Thai beef withe the exceptions of french thai or imports is NOT edible for a person used to Aussie beef is wrong'???

By the way are you george orwell?

read your post again m8 your contradicting yourself. 'Thai beef withe the exceptions of french thai or imports is NOT edible for a person used to Aussie beef is wrong'???

By the way are you george orwell?

Who says? You! OK How much beef do you eat a year?

thai beef arent all that bad, they just arent the thing for steak. they are fine for stews, curries and stuff.

actually i don't get this thread and why people are arguing about

There are almost all ad hominem posts. They misread the OP. I am trying to help but English may not be their first language. And one guy is trying to start an arguement about Nam whatever that is.

thai beef arent all that bad, they just arent the thing for steak. they are fine for stews, curries and stuff.

There are almost all ad hominem posts. They misread the OP. I am trying to help but English may not be their first language. And one guy is trying to start an arguement about Nam whatever that is.

He means you say you have been here for 40 years. he is implying that maybe you stayed after fighting in Vietnam. if you've been here for 40 years that implies you are in your 60's and maybe should enrol in the washington square club!

He means you say you have been here for 40 years. he is implying that maybe you stayed after fighting in Vietnam. if you've been here for 40 years that implies you are in your 60's and maybe should enrol in the washington square club!

Why, want to turn it into an, "I hate old folks thread?" I have never been to Washington Square. But that would be another ad hominem post. Are you going for a record?

Why, want to turn it into an, "I hate old folks thread?" I have never been to Washington Square. But that would be another ad hominem post. Are you going for a record?

My you do like that word eh?

I dont hate old folks, but maybe, just maybe after your 40 years here and your advancement in age is it possible that you are a little bit set in your ways and only your thoughts/opinions count?

My you do like that word eh?

I dont hate old folks, but maybe, just maybe after your 40 years here and your advancement in age is it possible that you are a little bit set in your ways and only your thoughts/opinions count?

Try using fact based answers. What thoughts and opinions? At least make a small attempt to stay on the topic which is not how much you dislike me.

I was wrong I gave you meat eaten numbers. Beef is lower. About 3kg per person per year. So it is really a small amount. Sorry Giddy it is quite a bit smaller than I said. The average person gets one Big Mac every other month. I think that's right. So I guess Thai people really don't eat beef do they?

BHUMIJAI FARM COMPANY

RAJABHAT SAKHONNAKON UNIVERSITY ; THAILAND

www.dld.go.th/pvlo_sno/data51/Tajima.pdf

And all the Thais, at Mc Donald or Burger King, they only ordering french fries and fishmacs/burger, huu?

What do you think I am an idiot too? They wanted to go to Pattaya. Have you ever been to the Hilton in Pattaya? Ever been to Central in Pattaya? They both are unique.

I've never stayed at the Hilton Pattaya, nor would I wish too.

But pray tell ... what is so unique about Central (Shopping Centre) in Pattaya?

I'll give you this chiangmaikelly ... you have replied to many posts here ... except my question.

I'm tired of talking about beef.

Actually I wished I never offered my gf her that medium well done steak with mushroom sauce in the local RSL ... whistling.gif

What do you think I am an idiot too? They wanted to go to Pattaya. Have you ever been to the Hilton in Pattaya? Ever been to Central in Pattaya? They both are unique.

I've never stayed at the Hilton Pattaya, nor would I wish too.

But pray tell ... what is so unique about Central (Shopping Centre) in Pattaya?

I'll give you this chiangmaikelly ... you have replied to many posts here ... except my question.

I'm tired of talking about beef.

Actually I wished I never offered my gf her that medium well done steak with mushroom sauce in the local RSL ... whistling.gif

".......nonsense dear ........I love Thai beef....I'll eat yours........."

"...do you have something with a little less rat in it....."

Since this has become a beef connoisseurs thread I would just like to say that I find wet market beef or buffalo or whatever just fine. if well prepared, marinated or.....not a big fan of melt in your mouth steaks.....anyone remember the over cooked onion skin steaks one used to get served up in the UK..

Restaurants anyplace are capable of screwing up even the finest cuts

Although the Thai art of butchery is errrrr......?

Unsolicited advice to newcomers to Thailand about anything? .naaaa!

3kg of beef per capita/year would work out to about 30 times a year considering how small an amount of meat is used in most Thai dishes. I am guessing about 100 grams per dish. Given that some people eat none, that would mean that some people eat it fairly often.

It tastes fine as a larb.

I cannot believe I read all the posts on this thread. So thought what the heck throw in my 2 cents worth.

As far as beef goes and old BKK friend told me thais like beef. Just cannot afford it so eat pork.

The idiot part well I see them all the time. I will give examples, of guys just in the area where I live.

One British guy is married,built the house,bought the car,had a son with his thai wife,is in his 60's.He has been here 10 years. His wife told me all he can say in Thai is Sawadee Khrap.He doesnot eat Thai food.Doesnot even go to Thai restaurants with the family. When they take the bus to BKK he packs a sandwich to eat on the bus refuses to even sit in the restaurant the bus stops at. All the thais keep asking me why did he come to Thailand and I donot have the answer.

Another guy an american.Married a Thai woman in America,(his 7th wife), says he was an electricial engineer. He retired to Thailand with his wife because the family owned a home they could live in (thai style home), all he has is state pension from America ended up with nothing in retirement.Has been here over 15 years, only goes to one restaurant all day. He goes there because the this owner speaks english and he can get non spicy food.He still cannot speak any thai. Cannot affford a plane ticket home.

I could go on. But you get the idea I hope. This country is full of guys who make little or no effort to learn about Thailand ,the people or the culture. I personnally have given up on meeting men here who really know why they are here.