Dual Citizen, Name Chaning And Immigration Issues

Dear all,

I am Vietnamese and will have Thai nationality follow husband soon,I would need to consult you the following:

1) When I obtain Thai nationality, do I need to have new Thai name and does that Thailand can contain my current family name (i.e., can it be Siriluck Nguyen Klinholm: Siriluck is given name, Nguyen is middle name, also my current last name, Klinholm is my husband's last name)

2) All of my degrees/certificates in the past need to convert to this new name too? I am currently study Master student, I enroll with VNese name, I will have degree with VNese name I guess. Then is there any forms to confirm that 2 names is the same person???

3) Can I hold dual nationality in Thailand? Is that still true that I can enter/leave Thailand with Thai passport and enter/leave Vietnam with Vietnamese passport

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Regarding question 3, as far as Thailand is concerned you can have dual nationality.

BUT, you can only use the Thai nationality in Thailand and must enter and leave Thailand on it. Using your other nationality in Thailand will lead to problems and can be reason to revoke it.

She is talking about Thai citizenship and that used to require choice of a Thai name for anyone; but understand that requirement has been removed. It is not the normal change to married family name of husband that marriage used to require but a separate issue.

With all due respect, but how can someone considering dual nationalities without. what I call " a proper search and rescue"

inquiry.

Statement made in this highly respected forum have no legal consequentes........perhaps a thaivisa sponsor i.e authorized legal advisor should answer these sort of questions upfront.

Unless of course you know somebody who knows somebody big who doesn't know who/what or where but knows etc etc to get you a duplicate nationality instead of a dual.

no offence intented, just a thought

hgma

I see. So no need for a Thai name.

Thank you, so I can still keep my own name that my parents gave me. Great

But in case I want to change my last name to my husband's last name...there is any forms to show that 2 names is for one person?

Thank you

I see. So no need for a Thai name.

Thank you, so I can still keep my own name that my parents gave me. Great

But in case I want to change my last name to my husband's last name...there is any forms to show that 2 names is for one person?

Thank you

You will be given name change certificates from the district office where the change was made. These can be used as evidence should you need them.