Someone Help Me With Birth Certificate Stuff ):

Hi, so I was born in Thailand 1992 to a Thai mother and a Canadian Father.

Long story short, after a break up I was sent over to Canada to live with my grandparents, through this process my dad needed to translate my birth certificate into English.

So basically, I have the certified copy, I just don't have my original birth certificate but I need it to move to Switzerland.

Theres not way I can go and find my old birth certificate, my father lives here now and I have no contact with my mom.

Is there a way with all the numbers and stuff on the copy of my birth certificate for the Thai embassy here in Canada just to give me a new birth certificate?

Thank you

As Mario says ask the Thai Embassy and see what they say. I think the next best option with quickest results would be contact a lawyer in Thailand and have them obtain a copy of your birth certificate from the Amphur office in the district you were born in Thailand. All the info lawyer needs should be on the translation.

Edited by ballbreaker

Why do you need your birth certificate for your move to Switzerland. A certified copy should be enough in most cases.

A assume you have a Canadian passport as proof of citizenship. You should also have a document proving your Canadian citizenship. Info here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/proof.asp

I would think that the passport would be all that is needed for you move.

Edited by ubonjoe

Why do you need your birth certificate for your move to Switzerland. A certified copy should be enough in most cases.

A assume you have a Canadian passport as proof of citizenship. You should also have a document proving your Canadian citizenship. Info here: http://www.cic.gc.ca...nship/proof.asp

I would think that the passport would be all that is needed for you move.

I agree with Ubonjoe, if you are a canadian citizen you need only your passport to move to Switzerland as a visitor.

You can check all the requirements for all kinds of Visas here: http://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home/reps/nameri/vcan/ref_visinf/viscan.html

-B-

We need my wife's birth certificate for her to be able to get Australian citizenship. We seem to have lost her original copy. The Thai embassy in Australia said the only way to get another copy of the birth certificate is to return to Thailand and go and visit the Amphur of her birthplace.

We cannot visit Thailand for awhile at the moment so after doing a bit of googling we came up with an option of a Thai PI company getting the certificate for us. We have had to sign a power of attorney for them to visit the amphur on my wife's behalf. This is still in progress and it will end up costing us 12,000 baht when successful.

There well may have been other options but at the time I was struggling to come up with anything better than this.

http://www.thailand-pi.com/

You could probably do the same thing by having a family member or friend do it for a lot less money.

The power of attorney would have to be notarized at the embassy which I assume is what will also need to be done for the PI to do it.

We need my wife's birth certificate for her to be able to get Australian citizenship. We seem to have lost her original copy. The Thai embassy in Australia said the only way to get another copy of the birth certificate is to return to Thailand and go and visit the Amphur of her birthplace.

We cannot visit Thailand for awhile at the moment so after doing a bit of googling we came up with an option of a Thai PI company getting the certificate for us. We have had to sign a power of attorney for them to visit the amphur on my wife's behalf. This is still in progress and it will end up costing us 12,000 baht when successful.

There well may have been other options but at the time I was struggling to come up with anything better than this.

http://www.thailand-pi.com/

relative can go get one. All you need to do is sign a power of attoerney form.

My Sister in law needed her birth certificate for her green card application in the US. The original was lost and the hospital where she was born had since had a fire destroying all the paper records. Since she was born before the process was properly computerised in Thailand there was no way to replace it.

In her case the US immigration accepted an affidavit stating time and place of birth. I would imagine that the Swiss authorities would be similarly enlightened so that might be an easier option if you explain the circumstances.

Good luck!