Motherboard And Cpu Sources In Chiang Mai

davevi

Pantip Plaze at the the end of the Night Bazzar. I've used the place next to the coffee shop by the escalators on the first floor a number of times. However, in my experience, if you want the latest hardware you're not going to find it anywhere in CM. I ordered my SSD (the biggest I could find here was 256GB and overpriced) from http://www.memorytoday.com/. It arrived in a couple of days. I'm getting ready to order an i7 3770K and motherboard from http://www.invadeit.co.th/, but can't vouch for them.

Pantip Plaze at the the end of the Night Bazzar. I've used the place next to the coffee shop by the escalators on the first floor a number of times. However, in my experience, if you want the latest hardware you're not going to find it anywhere in CM. I ordered my SSD (the biggest I could find here was 256GB and overpriced) from http://www.memorytoday.com/. It arrived in a couple of days. I'm getting ready to order an i7 3770K and motherboard from http://www.invadeit.co.th/, but can't vouch for them.

Pantip is overpriced. Try Computer Plaza, Computer City or Icon Square, as posted above by Barefoot1988. 'Opposite the moat' is a bit vague, as there are about 8km of 'opposite the moat' places. The three malls are on the northern side of the moat, outer side, closest end to Kaad Suan Kaew. On google maps 18.796062,98.980508

• Like 1

I'm getting ready to order an i7 3770K and motherboard from http://www.invadeit.co.th/, but can't vouch for them.

I've ordered all my computer components from them and can vouch for them. I just don't have time or patience to go foot shopping at several different shops to try and find what I want so it is a great convenience for me to use them.

I don't think it is a question about trusted since, I never seen copies of these things and those items are covered by a Synnex or alike warranty,which mean whoever you buy from the warranty is provided by one and the same company, so just go for the best price.

I'm getting ready to order an i7 3770K and motherboard from http://www.invadeit.co.th/, but can't vouch for them.

I've ordered all my computer components from them and can vouch for them. I just don't have time or patience to go foot shopping at several different shops to try and find what I want so it is a great convenience for me to use them.

as here I ordered a topend system through them and they were good to deal with. A couple of hundred baht more than local but worth it for not needing any paracetamol and the efficient service.

As I required very specific items, down to the part number specific, I went with the online-option recommendations for the www.invadeit.co.th group.

They were quite easy to work with, with instructions and email in Thai and (well written) English.

My components should arrive in 1-3 days by EMS.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations.

• 1 year later...

I'll second the vote for Goodspeed Computer in Computer Plaza outside the moat. They have been assembling computers for me since 2001, to my specifications, which have always run to Asus motherboards and the newest Intell chips. They just made one for me three months ago, with everything I asked for, including a large SSD for the C drive. If there is any problem afterwards, (which has only happened once or twice,) they try and fix it while I wait. Good people, good prices, great service. There might be cheaper places to be found. There might be good service to be found. But to find all three in the same shop... well, that's why they now have three shops instead of just the one small one they had back in 2001.

In my opinion if a computer is over 5 years old it`s really not worth while buying a new motherboard or any other major components for it.

Computers in Thailand, especially PCs, are extremely cheap these days and probably more viable and easier to purchase a brand new computer and just plug in, install all your desired programmes and go.

In my opinion if a computer is over 5 years old it`s really not worth while buying a new motherboard or any other major components for it.

Computers in Thailand, especially PCs, are extremely cheap these days and probably more viable and easier to purchase a brand new computer and just plug in, install all your desired programmes and go.

My opinion is that after 3 years any type of computer is technically obsolete, after 5 years it's junk. But I surprised myself by having my old old home computer (like 6 years old) refurbished by Amorn. New motherboard/power supply/fan - and it's been working a treat for the last 9 months. Well worth the 3,500 baht or so that I paid.

My opinion is that after 3 years any type of computer is technically obsolete, after 5 years it's junk. But I surprised myself by having my old old home computer (like 6 years old) refurbished by Amorn. New motherboard/power supply/fan - and it's been working a treat for the last 9 months. Well worth the 3,500 baht or so that I paid.

Thanks for that, this is interesting to know.

Can you run Windows 7 on your revamped computer without any problems? Are your computer`s specifications up to the job? Because with some of the old computers it is not possible to install certain software updates required to facilitate Windows 7 or Windows 8, which are presently only up for Windows XP. This is what really interests me regarding having to make a decision whether to spend any money for repairs if need be or buying a new computer.

Can you run Windows 7 on your revamped computer without any problems? Are your computer`s specifications up to the job? Because with some of the old computers it is not possible to install certain software updates required to facilitate Windows 7 or Windows 8, which are presently only up for Windows XP. This is what really interests me regarding having to make a decision whether to spend any money for repairs if need be or buying a new computer.

No idea. I am running XP and very happy with XP. Have Windows 7 on my web-book, It's OK but I prefer XP, guess because I am old and don't upgrade too well tongue.png

No idea. I am running XP and very happy with XP. Have Windows 7 on my web-book, It's OK but I prefer XP, guess because I am old and don't upgrade too well tongue.png

I know exactly what you mean.

I get used to certain kinds of formats and than they go and change everything. Find it hard to keep up with it all. It`s schemed by the IT companies to make us spend more money.

Goodspeed is reliable. The best branch to visit is at Compluter Plaza (the middle of the three at the north west corner of the moat) but they have two in Panthip as well.

I researched for months deciding exactly what I wanted in the way of components and used Invadeit as a resource for both what is available in Thailand and what the specs are for each item. I would have ordered directly from them but ended up using Good Speed Pantip to assemble the N/W. I have had them build two previous computers and was pleased with their work and I was not sure of my own ability to do it myself. I also had them load the OS and do a 3 day burn in. By having them do that, I knew I would not have to deal with any random failures and guarantees with associated shipping problems back and forth to Invadeit. Maybe I was overly cautious?