What Is The Gender Range You Are Willing To Date?

Feminine/Masculine Limits For Your Type  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ijwt: that was EXACTLY what i was talking about. though the supposed exact words were "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche." brioche and baguette, though both emerge from french ovens, are not the same same, no?

btw, ijwt, read up on l'affaire du collier (aka affair of the necklace) its fabulous.

now nelliness also has got a lot to do with what the gay boy likes. for example, some do not possess the stereotypical gay limp wrist not do they wear makeup. but they sure do know a lot about tragic french queens, devious mistresses and courtesans, and express great interest in the goings-on during the era of powdered wigs, corsets and fake beauty spots.*titter*

Yes, indeed, boybrat - they know the entire repertoire.

I just got the call from a young man who insisted for years that he wasn't a katoey, but finally was so proud that he had to show me the photos. I barely recognized him in full drag. And as it's already been alluded to, one's outward appearance has no relation to what he does when you're behind closed doors.

Having recently 'come out' as gay to friends and family I'm still learning all the terminology and it's very complicated, even before we get to different words between American and English. If I were to start dating someone who had undergone a sex change would I even be able to consider myself to be gay? Wouldn't be worth the trouble of coming out if he didn't at least have a p****. But then I'm not really into muscular types either so put me down as mid-range somewhere (for now).

Bienvenidos, Caohmin; welcome to the forum. Yes, it's hard enough to distinguish between American and British English, but some Madrilenos would be confused in Nicaragua, speaking Spanish.

In Thailand, it's doubtful that a fully post-op, former male who's been transgendered is still a male in any sense; even the pre-op 'khatoeys' who wear women's clothing are considered females for most purposes. That's why ChrisP and I were discussing whether the polls on this thread should even have a choice for 'sex change,' since a post-op guy is no longer masculine in any way, except maybe his left-over voice.

I started coming out as a gay man at age 42, so I'm still figuring a lot of this out, 21 years later. I confused a boyish Malay by telling her I was looking for "a pretty boy who looks like a woman who looks like a boy." She tried to set me up, in Malaysia, with dress-wearing Thai khatoeys!

Of course, no form of English translates directly into clear Thai at all times, and vice versa. If you hear a Thai gay man saying, "I'm a man, I'm a man" maybe he's trying to say he's a top. Even though he look femme!

• 7 months later...

I would like to know more about bronzers! My favourite is a Neutrogena one that is not available in Thailand. Some of the others are not ph neutral and when one perspires, eye irritation follows. Any suggestions?

By the way, I am versatile. :o

• 1 month later...
... That's why ChrisP and I were discussing whether the polls on this thread should even have a choice for 'sex change,' ...

The attempt at including katoey on the poll seems fatally flawed. I know several (gay) Thai men who are way more ''flamboyant'' than any katoey I know (and a few katoey who are more butch than some straight (farang) men I know).

It's a bit like a poll asking how you like your egg cooked (v. runny, runny, medium, hard, frazzled) and then including a ''crispy bacon'' category at the end somewhere. Categorise the men however you like, but there really should be a seperate poll for katoey.

(And come to think of it, I don't think I know any gay men who like katoey ... I've persuaded a few to try, but they remain, er, at best, unconvinced.)