Please Help With This .....

CharlieH

I would like to request/ complain/ advise and seek help from you with what appears to be the latest trend of endless continual posts with You-tube embedded videos

These embedded videos for those of us members on slower connection speeds within Thailand are causing a real problem, the page being loaded with so many just freezes or takes an eternity to load/clear to be able to move on away from it and I feel is damaging the enjoyment the forum offers as many are no longer able to participate.

Please could you help with this and maybe just restrict to providing the url for people to look at if they wish, not embedding the actual video into the post.

Examples:

http://www.thaivisa....-and-70s-music/

http://www.thaivisa....-extended-play/

Thank you.

Edited by CharlieH

Unfortunately it appears to be a feature of the board software, dropping a YouTube URL into a post adds media tags and displays the preview.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS9EEy4Hxc8[/media]

Even manually deleting the media tags doesn't help, the software puts them back.

Does displaying the preview images cause that much problem, they seem to come up ok even on my Edge connection?

You could block the YouTube connection (many ways of doing this, Google is your friend), even just editing your hosts file could do the trick. But of course you won't be able to watch the videos even if you want to :(

Truely sorry that it is causing a problem for you.I most certainly will have a look at that to see if I can comply with your request.Just give me some time to see if I can.

Have just seen the post from Crossy.Looks like thats the way its with the forum software.Sorry it looks as if I can't help but I genuinely wish I could.

Edited by Ron19

Truely sorry that it is causing a problem for you.I most certainly will have a look at that to see if I can comply with your request.Just give me some time to see if I can.

Have just seen the post from Crossy.Looks like thats the way its with the forum software.Sorry it looks as if I can't help but I genuinely wish I could.

If you click "Share" then "embed" copy this link and past in your TV reply.

Just add song title and artist name.

Hope this helps

PS My apologies also.

Edited by kevjohn

To the OP - I had to install firefox with noscript, flashblocker and ghostery. Now I choose what gets loaded.

On a similar note - I recently put a request into ThaiVisa for a plain html version ( à la gmail ) but there's been no reply yet :(

I connect over 2.5gprs (basically GSM) and even the basic thaivisa page is too heavily scripted for quick viewing.

Actually if you leave out the http:// part it will not display the video. Of course it is an extra step as you have to copy and paste the URL.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS9EEy4Hxc8

Thanks very much for that and it works well.I hope it fixes the problems that people with slow internet were encountering.

Over here, the video does not start being download unless I click on it. It's just like a picture. when I do click on it and decide I don't want to see all of it. I right-click on the video and choose "Stop download".

Therefore, I don't really understand the question. Do embedded videos start automatically in your browser? What if there are two or more videos embedded on the same page?