Take A Guess...my Car In 2015

thaicruze

How much do you think a dealer will pay me for my car in 2015? (Provided it has never been in an accident and it's in perfect working order).

2011 Cruze LS 1.8 - 875,000 baht. - pretty much stock with a leather conversion.

Edited by thaicruze

How much do you think a dealer will pay me for my car in 2015? (Provided it has never been in an accident and it's in perfect working order).

2011 Cruze LS 1.8 - 875,000 baht. - pretty much stock with a leather conversion.

Thaicruze, the big issue is the mileage that your car will have accumulated by then. Anything over 100 k and it is likely the depreciation will be even steeper.

3 yrs from now... maybe you should take a look at the prices 3-yr old chevys fetch on 2nd hand sites such as one2car.

Accessories generally do not fetch a premium.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Thaicruze, the big issue is the mileage that your car will have accumulated by then. Anything over 100 k and it is likely the depreciation will be even steeper.

3 yrs from now... maybe you should take a look at the prices 3-yr old chevys fetch on 2nd hand sites such as one2car.

Accessories generally do not fetch a premium.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I calculate in 2015 my car will have around 80,000km on it.

I am guessing 500,000 baht?

I can't find any Cruze's from 2010. They're selling one like mine 2011 for 800,000.

Edited by thaicruze

I reckon the popularity of the Cruze between now and 2015 will have more influence on the resale value than the mileage. Last time I sold a car through the tent dealers, some of them did not even look at the odometer. They seem to have a price list in their heads by model and year with minor adjustment for interior and exterior cosmetic condition and that's about it.

500,000 from a dealer who then advertises the 4 year old Cruze for 600,000 sounds plausible.

I reckon the popularity of the Cruze between now and 2015 will have more influence on the resale value than the mileage. Last time I sold a car through the tent dealers, some of them did not even look at the odometer. They seem to have a price list in their heads by model and year with minor adjustment for interior and exterior cosmetic condition and that's about it.

500,000 from a dealer who then advertises the 4 year old Cruze for 600,000 sounds plausible.

Makes sence - you can see similarities in price for newish cars of the same model and year - plus or minus 30K or so. Low kms doesn't seem to have much effect on price here. Low km cars can still be trashed and treated badly when compared to a high km car that is fully serviced and maintained. So my philosophy when I got my car was to pile kms on it, because at the end of the day it doesn't affect resale all that much, especially after 5 years old.

That's because every used car dealer here alters the odometer, so it doesn't really matter. The milage will be what they want.

I think you're all too optimistic. 500.000 or 600.000 may end up the price a 2nd hand dealer will ask for it, but selling at those prices will be difficult. Maybe 450.000 Baht, more likely 400.000 Baht.

That's because every used car dealer here alters the odometer, so it doesn't really matter. The milage will be what they want.

Do you have any evidence for this or are you just assuming? My experience has been that whilst you would imagine this sort of practice would be rife here, because buyers don't take so much interest in what is on the clock, and because price doesn't vary so much because of the clock, used dealers don't tend to bother. Too much hassle for not enough gain. In general anyway.

Do you have any evidence for this or are you just assuming? My experience has been that whilst you would imagine this sort of practice would be rife here, because buyers don't take so much interest in what is on the clock, and because price doesn't vary so much because of the clock, used dealers don't tend to bother. Too much hassle for not enough gain. In general anyway.

I'm 100% sure they alter the odometers no matter what.

Like the first car I bought. A City. I was at a tent. City JUST came in. It has just over 10,000km on it. I saw it when they were cleaning it out. I liked it. I left. I came back a few days later to make an offer. Turned it on again. Magically the odometer went to 5,000km.

That's when I left. Walked into a Honda dealer and bought it brand new.

I think if it's used and it's in Thailand, the odometer has been altered.

My car I sold with 150,000 km on it. They probably sold it with 80,000km on it.

Actually, after going to tent after tent my wife and I came to 2 conclusions:

1- used car dealers alter all odometers even if it isn't necessary.

2- even if they show you a warranty service book; they probably signed the book themselves.

Edited by thaicruze

Like the first car I bought. A City. I was at a tent. City JUST came in. It has just over 10,000km on it. I saw it when they were cleaning it out. I liked it. I left. I came back a few days later to make an offer. Turned it on again. Magically the odometer went to 5,000km.

2- even if they show you a warranty service book; they probably signed the book themselves.

I wasn't disputing that there are dealers that get up to this dodgy practice, i was disputing your claim that every used dealer does it. None of the ones i have dealt with have, with the cars i have looked at. Perhaps you have been unlucky, or perhaps i have been lucky. Who knows. Be good to have stingray's input on this matter but not sure if he is about these days.

1 experience, and based on that 'no matter what they all change the odometer'?

Not sure why, if you knew it was altered so nothing hidden from you, why you didn't use that to your advantage to make a better deal on your behalf if possible if as you say "you liked the car", it's not like you didn't know the original mileage and it wasn't an extreme change anyways? I mean that only amounts to 3000miles difference, really rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things..

Edited by WarpSpeed