Poll: 83.6% Of Thais Agree To See Pm Yingluck Continue In Office

Lite Beer

ABAC Poll: 83.6% of Thais agree to see PM Yingluck continue working

BANGKOK, 9 September 2012 (NNT) – The latest street poll has shown that around 4 in 5 Thais are willing to let the Prime Minister continue working in office.

ABAC Poll Director Noppadon Kannika said on Sunday that the latest poll on the first year of the Yingluck Shinawatra government showed that 56.8 percent of Thai people have been satisfied with the public health policy of the Pheu Thai Party while 30.9 percent are content with the Democrat Party’s work performance.

There remain some 12.3 percent that have been dissatisfied with both parties, while 44.9 percent are particularly not happy with the two parties’ drug-clampdown and cost-of-living-related policies.

However, 83.6 percent agreed to let PM Yingluck continue working in the government, while 80.3 percent said former-PM Thaksin Shinawatra should be allowed to return to Thailand to fight all his cases.

In addition, about 60.4 percent find nothing wrong with Metropolitan Police Chief Pol Lt-Gen Kamronwit Thoopkrachang’s close ties with ex-PM Thaksin, saying they are personal issues.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-09-09 footer_n.gif

They obviously conducted the poll in Isaarn.

You can also bet Noppadon is biased and then to even 'throw in' 58+% are happy with the PTP health policy (???) and 30+% were happy with the Dems work policy? I mean what sort of poll is this? AND 80+% say it's okay to bring back the crim? <deleted>. Why not cut to the chase and admit this was a PR exercise as orchestrated by PTP. No way these stats are real... annoyed.gif

The poll was conducted between Sept 4-8 on 2,251 people aged 18 and up in Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Lop Buri, Ayutthaya, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Phetchabun, Chiang Mai, Mukdahan, Nong Khai, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Surin, Udon Thani, Phatthalung, Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat provinces.

• Like 1

while 80.3 percent said former-PM Thaksin Shinawatra should be allowed to return to Thailand to fight all his cases.

I wonder if this 80% realise that he IS allowed to return to Thailand to fight his cases.

Has he been offered a retrial of the Ratchada case?

He has already chosen not to fight that one. He is allowed to come back and fight the rest though.

Sent from my HTC phone.

OK time for all the farang keyboard warriors who know much more about thai politics and thai culture and thai matters than the Thai people to start typing and tell everyone how the poll is rigged, or question the thai peoples motives, intelligence, loyalty, driving ability, english language ability, food, clothing, skytrain, MRT, trains, airports and/or anything else thai that they can sit at the keyboard and whine about.

Go to it.

Ok I will. A political poll finds what those commissioning the poll want it to. This is the whole point. Only a fool commissions one of these morale boosting polls for the faithful without ensuring the questions arrive at the answer you want. I don't like PT but I recognise they are no fools and know how to manipulate reality. But that's what all politicos do.

They obviously conducted the poll in Isaarn.

You can also bet Noppadon is biased and then to even 'throw in' 58+% are happy with the PTP health policy (???) and 30+% were happy with the Dems work policy? I mean what sort of poll is this? AND 80+% say it's okay to bring back the crim? <deleted>. Why not cut to the chase and admit this was a PR exercise as orchestrated by PTP. No way these stats are real... annoyed.gif

The poll was conducted between Sept 4-8 on 2,251 people aged 18 and up in Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Lop Buri, Ayutthaya, Chanthaburi, Nakhon Sawan, Phetchabun, Chiang Mai, Mukdahan, Nong Khai, Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen, Surin, Udon Thani, Phatthalung, Surat Thani and Nakhon Si Thammarat provinces.

I think the only non "red" majority places in this survey are Nakhon Si Thammarat and Bangkok. Isaarn was a tongue in cheek statement and 2,500 people don't nearly represent 62M. On the issue of the Ratchadaphisek land, the "missus" got that back, apology from the Govt and they also paid interest - another oversight by the legal system of Thailand. The fact she jumped bail was all forgotten rolleyes.gif

while 80.3 percent said former-PM Thaksin Shinawatra should be allowed to return to Thailand to fight all his cases.

I wonder if this 80% realise that he IS allowed to return to Thailand to fight his cases.

Has he been offered a retrial of the Ratchada case?

yes but he did not appeal....

It is ridiculous that the Ratchada case is the reason he can't/ won't come back. The trial procedure was riddled with irregularities and blatant lack of due process. Simply declare the verdict invalid and offer a retrial.

Would be OK, but this time without bail, as he jumped bail already once.

83.6 percent agreed to let PM Yingluck continue working in the government,

The forum red shirts are naturally falling over themselves to interpret this as meaning that 83.6% support Yingluck and think she is doing a good job. It may be interpreted that way, and it may also be interpreted as people having respect for democracy. It's quite possible to think that Yingluck is doing an abysmal job, but that in accordance with the basic principles of democracy, she be allowed to see out her term.

• Like 1

Good to see all the Thai "political experts" on TV giving their expert opinions on matters that they can have no influence on....

Agreed their input would be more use in the gardening and farming forums..........

Truth is the phrasing of a question can have a huge bearing on the answer....and the interpretation

For example......"Do you think Thaksin should return to Thailand to face charges"

Easily conveyed as " Thaksin Shinawatra should be allowed to return to Thailand to fight all his cases"

• Like 1

Good to see all the Thai "political experts" on TV giving their expert opinions on matters that they can have no influence on....

Agreed their input would be more use in the gardening and farming forums..........

Truth is the phrasing of a question can have a huge bearing on the answer....and the interpretation

For example......"Do you think Thaksin should return to Thailand to face charges"

Easily conveyed as " Thaksin Shinawatra should be allowed to return to Thailand to fight all his cases"

Why would you mock other people for offering an opinion and then go on to offer some of your own?

• Like 1

Why would you mock other people for offering an opinion and then go on to offer some of your own?

Mock? I don't understand, these peope are experts in rice growing, pricing, P&L, I merely suggest they can make a difference have influence in these forums......

I am no good at gardening and would appreciate their expert constructive advice....

You think my comment here, although not from any political slant, but a comment on the value of polls, is not valid?

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

It is ridiculous that the Ratchada case is the reason he can't/ won't come back. The trial procedure was riddled with irregularities and blatant lack of due process. Simply declare the verdict invalid and offer a retrial.

What were the irregularities or lack of due process? I'm sure they would be well documented somewhere.

Sent from my HTC phone.

It is also not the Ratchada case holding Thaksin up. It is (about) the six other pending charges that would guarantee his incarceration well past his effective lifespan and his ability to outlive it. Similarly I am sure there is more than one bullet marked by people/s unknown and he is well aware of that fact. No, if he come back, Thailand could well face a civil war as even now the stability is questionable. The puppeteer status suits him as long as his family members are in 'power' to protect his continued fiscal mismanagement. ermm.gif

Mock? I don't understand, these peope are experts in rice growing, pricing, P&L, I merely suggest they can make a difference have influence in these forums......

I am no good at gardening and would appreciate their expert constructive advice....

I think people are capable of deciding for themselves which forums they wish to post in.

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifwai.gif

I think people are capable of deciding for themselves which forums they wish to post in.

But possibly not deciding which forums they are capable of posting in....

But possibly not deciding which forums they are capable of posting in....

But you know which ones they should be posting in?

I am offering my opinion, I understand the elderly become a little entrenched, but the farming and gardening would be so much more theraputic that the 'news' forum which just appears to raise their blood pressure and send them into attack mode over the most trivial of comments...smile.png

• Like 1

Seems that whilst the majority of Thais are behind her, some farangs are a little upset that she has the support from the people that mater. Just can't understand why some farangs are upset with this as she is not the P.M of farangland.