Flights From Bangkock To Phetchabun?

pottsforrags

There are flights from Bangkok to Phetchabun. Actually the Airport is nearer Lomsak. I havt used the service but apparently it runs on a wednesday and sunday. I dont have any details on the name of the company but its not one of the big players.

Flying into Phitsanoluk is in my opinion pointless, its a 2.5 hr drive from there to Phetchabun.

You might just as well take the Air-con Bus direct from Bangkok to start with. 256 baht. and is generally around 4hrs.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

There are flights from Bangkok to Phetchabun. Actually the Airport is nearer Lomsak. I havt used the service but apparently it runs on a wednesday and sunday. I dont have any details on the name of the company but its not one of the big players.

Flying into Phitsanoluk is in my opinion pointless, its a 2.5 hr drive from there to Phetchabun.

You might just as well take the Air-con Bus direct from Bangkok to start with. 256 baht. and is generally around 4hrs.

Please post a link confirming that as fact and showing which airline.

Tripadvisor states that Thai Airways flies to Petchabun two or three days a week, the Thai Airways flight schedule make no mention of it, nor does it mention flights to Lomsak.

There used to be a private airline that went out of business last year that tried to make a go of that route but failed, perhaps that's the one you are thinking of.

Options for the OP are flights to Sukhothai, Phrae, Chiang Mai or Pitsanulok (sp), all of which involve a fair trip by land also, Sukhothai is probably the closest via Bangkok Airways.

Edited by chiang mai

Please post a link confirming that as fact and showing which airline.

Tripadvisor states that Thai Airways flies to Petchabun two or three days a week, the Thai Airways flight schedule make no mention of it, nor does it mention flights to Lomsak.

There used to be a private airline that went out of business last year that tried to make a go of that route but failed, perhaps that's the one you are thinking of.

Options for the OP are flights to Sukhothai, Phrae, Chiang Mai or Pitsanulok (sp), all of which involve a fair trip by land also, Sukhothai is probably the closest via Bangkok Airways.

You may be correct about now discontinued, but I remember seeing big banners around the town awhile back promoting the service.

I'll check it out and report back if I can get more info. I'll throw the question out in the Central forum also maybe other have more current info.

Edited by CharlieH

in THAT case DO make very clear where she actually lives-the Thai mean the province, not the town, as most erroneous farang do. This may very well be some 200/250 kms away from the province capital in some tiny hamlet, which might also be much closer to another larger town. IMHO Khon Khaen is most likely the closest by major destination. In reality flying to such tiny places wont save any time- as a green newbie you also dont know about the amazing speed and frequency where Thai buses operate on. Every major and any minor town along a major route has direct buses to BKK. As there is a persistent aversion against those buses among the tipical TV-users, most will now gonna tell you to simply hire a taxi at swampy airport all the way. Cost roughly 10 bt/km, which is about equal to normal Europe-train fares.

Phetchabun airport is often reffered to as Lomsak airport, because the airport is closer to Lomsak than Phetchabun.

Also no carriers fly there,

so you will need to get a bus, or other means of transport, How do I know, ?

I live next door to the airport.

Thai and PB air used to fly there years ago, then it, they both pulled out, and the airport wasn't used for commercial flights, it was effectively closed for at least 5 years, Last year solarair started a route from BKK to Nan i think, and stopped at Phetchabun on the way, This lasted a few months until Solarair realised that there aren't enough customers for the route, and pulled the plug.

Get from the airport by taxi(B300 max, depend on traffice and driver ;-)) to the Morchit Bus Terminal. There ask for someone to help you get to the phetchabun ticket counter and at the counter emphasize you want to get on the FAST bus. Every hour(from 8am) a bus goes to phetchabun(toward lomsak) at around B320 it's a convenient 6 hour drive with 1 stop to have a good thai lunch and freshen up just after lopburi. Just remember don't take the slow bus. I think CharlieH can vouch for this. Good luck

ok so it looks like im going to be on rthe bus or taxi wich dont seem to bad . the place im going to in phechabun is ban nam and we will be stayin at homelands hotel

Sounds like you're not that familiar with Thailand and haven't seen much of it, in that case you'll enjoy the bus ride because there's much to see. Some of the scenery in Petchabun province is quite spectacular and Thai's refer to it as Switzerland in Thialand, a bit of an overstatement of course but you get the idea, relax and enjoy. Also, if you get a chance: the Imperial (a Thai hotel chain) has a hotel somewhere in the mountains in Petchabun that is just wonderful, it comprises individual bungalows set up high on the sides of a valley, spectacular views and the sound of gentle music drifting up the valley just after dawn. An inexpensive hotel but a great experience.

Homeland Resort is a good choice, when you get there, ask for the VIP rooms above the swimming pool, spotless clean, satellite TV, wireless,

best of all around 500 bht per night,

Food is ok there too, only downside is you are about 5 kms outside the city, and no taxi,s,

But It's my favourite place to stay a lot better than Kosit Hill resort which is inside the city and 2x the price.

Enjoy.

Sounds like others are not too familiar with Thailand too. The area referred to as Little Switzerland is Khao Kho.

Phetchabun or Phetchaboon, spelt commonly with the "h" is a big province and there is more to it than the North.

Homelands hotel is nice, a good pool but a little to far out from Phetch City.

Plenty of farangs in town, if there not at the usual watering holes, they will be all at Lotus emptying the shelves.

Enjoy the visit.

Major Plonquer

Republic of South Phetchabun.

PS: Mor Chit bus No 14, class 1 or 2, or bus up to Saraburi and hop on a 138, Saraburi-Lomsak.

• Like 1